Elysée Wednesday tonight--"They'll love it in Pomona." - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 Old 03-14-2012, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 504
Elysée Wednesday tonight--"They'll love it in Pomona."

Look for us Wednesday evenings on the patio from 8 pm (or shortly thereafter) until about 11pm at Caffe Primo, 8590 Sunset Blvd West Hollywood, CA 90069. Underground parking on Alta Loma just east of the Cafe and south of Sunset or on the street.

No need to RSVP; just join us if you can.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 Old 03-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasnavian View Post

Look for us Wednesday evenings on the patio from 8 pm (or shortly thereafter) until about 11pm at Caffe Primo, 8590 Sunset Blvd West Hollywood, CA 90069. Underground parking on Alta Loma just east of the Cafe and south of Sunset or on the street.

If Larry Crane attends please pass along my regards. We go way back to when he was the Art Director at MoTrend (said we went way back). Try to get him to wander over to meet all of us at F-Life.

Jeff
post #3 of 67 Old 03-21-2012, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Is it possible, even conceivable, that you've confused me

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Is it possible, even conceivable, that you've confused me with that gang of backward children you play tricks on, that you have the same contempt for me as you have for them?"

Attached Images

post #4 of 67 Old 04-04-2012, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Attached Images

post #5 of 67 Old 04-06-2012, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari 355 (video)

Stephen Mitchell: Ferrari 355 (video)

A Ferrari 355 departing Elysée Wednesday at the end of a very interesting evening...
post #6 of 67 Old 04-11-2012, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Silence when you're shouting at me!"

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Silence when you're shouting at me!"

Attached Images

post #7 of 67 Old 04-18-2012, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"...if you're not one up on the other fellow, then he's one

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"...if you're not one up on the other fellow, then he's one up on you."

Attached Images

post #8 of 67 Old 04-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Whenever I go to the west coast again, I'll make this my first stop!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: 550 Maranello
Present: None
Past: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello,
365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #9 of 67 Old 04-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Whenever I go to the west coast again, I'll make this my first stop!

Onno
+1.

Someday we'll have to do a FLED USA. Élysée Wed night would be the perfect finish line.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #10 of 67 Old 04-19-2012, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Last night at EW...

Departing 330GTC (video): Ferrari 330GTC | Facebook
Attached Images

post #11 of 67 Old 05-02-2012, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"No, Captain. To be frank, I consider you frightening."

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"No, Captain. To be frank, I consider you frightening."

Attached Images

post #12 of 67 Old 05-09-2012, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Are all American officers so ill-mannered?" "Yeah, about 9

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Are all American officers so ill-mannered?" "Yeah, about 99 percent."

Attached Images

post #13 of 67 Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Madam, either you will need to cease knitting or I shall n

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Madam, either you will need to cease knitting or I shall need to cease judging."

Attached Images

post #14 of 67 Old 06-05-2012, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Interstellar Transmissions

I have been listening to live bands for as long as I can remember. When I was little more than 16 years-old, my father began taking me into Los Angeles jazz clubs in the sort of neighborhoods where food stands offered hot link sandwiches and sweet potato pie. In other parts of town, we regularly saw Carmelo Garcia, Mongo Santamaria, Tito Puente and Poncho Sanchez. At the Chez Club in West Hollywood, we listened to Buddy Rich as he recorded his album Live at the Chez. I was in Las Vegas to watch Frank Sinatra sing backed by Count Basie with arrangements by Quincy Jones.

Later, when Matthew Ettiinger's night club--The Plush Bunny--became my second home, I was privileged to watch some of the best L.A. bands of the time performing live. Most memorable for me was El Chicano playing their current hit Viva Tirado. I was at The Troubadour when John Klemmer debuted his hit album Touch and was there to see Jennifer Warnes launch an album of her own. I attended numerous Chicago concerts including Saturday in the Park when they played with the Doobie Brothers and at Anaheim when they played with the Beach Boys and I thought the stadium was literally going to collapse. For a time, I hung out with people at Buddah-West (the West Coast office of Buddah records) shortly after Neil Bogart left to start Casablanca Records. Buddah's flagship act was Gladys Knight & The Pips and I learned a lot about music in that environment. Bobby Gaiters, who had played for the Giants and the 49ers in the NFL, was the A&R guy and I learned a lot from him about the music business.

Last Wednesday as we were leaving our Elysée Wednesday gathering on the Sunset Strip, a converted school bus pulled to the curb and a gypsy woman beckoned us onto the bus. Instinctively, I climbed aboard and the others in our group followed me. What we found in the back of the bus--known as the Mothership--was a three-member band called Interstellar Transmissions featuring Gavin McGowen (guitars), Nathan Wilson (drums) and William Jerome (keyboards). The 'gypsy woman' was Ishani Ishaya a captivating fire and dance performer. What we experienced on the bus made every other band experience seem like 'old school'.

On their Facebook page, the band states: "We compose this music with an intention to exalt, illuminate, uplift, and empower. It is the sound of us saluting all of the amazing and inspiring beings that we have been blessed and honored to know." I have read similar liner notes on albums where you knew for a certainty that the words were PR spin written by a label flack attempting to resonate a potential following. Such is not the case with Interstellar Transmissions for, upon watching and hearing them perform, one is immediately aware of their intent without ever having read their mission statement. It is what they do. It is what they are. They have managed to rise above all the definitions that could be applied to them.

Although we took photos and videos of the performance Wednesday night with our iPhones as the bus cruised the Sunset Strip, I determined to return with a 'real' camera and record their performance for a segment of Elysée Wednesday: Drive! So it was that the bus came to collect us in Venice where a few of us were having a picnic on the beach and enjoying the full moon. We cruised the streets of Venice as I filmed the performance enjoying every aspect of the experience. An hour and a half later, they returned us to the picnic still in progress at one-thirty in the morning.

Were I asked for my note, it would be: This transcends the experience of a band playing on a bus--it is an alternate universe of sensual, intellectual and spiritual pleasure...

This very special evening with Interstellar Transmissions will be presented as a segment of Elysée Wednesday: Drive! Episode 2. In the meantime, you might want to join them on Facebook.
post #15 of 67 Old 06-13-2012, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Owner

This evening I signed a limited number of Larry Crane's GTO photos while at our Elysée Wednesday gathering for Association Rosso 18 in France who "occasionally offer autographed pictures of drivers or people who took part in the Ferrari legend". It was my pleasure M. Quentin PHILIPPON.
Attached Images

post #16 of 67 Old 06-20-2012, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"But to me the most important thing to know about an assass

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"But to me the most important thing to know about an assassination is not who fired a shot - but who paid for the bullet!"

Attached Images

post #17 of 67 Old 07-04-2012, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"I'll make you two promises: a very good steak, medium rare

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"I'll make you two promises: a very good steak, medium rare, and the truth, which is very rare."

Attached Images

post #18 of 67 Old 07-11-2012, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"They seem to murder everything that moves."

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"They seem to murder everything that moves."

Attached Images

post #19 of 67 Old 07-18-2012, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Just enough time to get dressed as a Catamite, if I knew w

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"Just enough time to get dressed as a Catamite, if I knew what it was."

Attached Images

post #20 of 67 Old 07-25-2012, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"I haven't been here, you haven't seen me, and she hasn't b

Elysée Wednesday tonight--"I haven't been here, you haven't seen me, and she hasn't been out of the house all evening."

Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode