Sound Systems - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 47
Sound Systems

Hi All,

So here I am - a new to-be Ferrari owner and I find that the 355 I am acquiring has the original radio. As you can imagine, I am totally paranoid of having anyone mess with my wiring system but I would also like to update the system. Does anyone have recommendations in the northern Virginia area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiFan View Post
Hi All,

So here I am - a new to-be Ferrari owner and I find that the 355 I am acquiring has the original radio. As you can imagine, I am totally paranoid of having anyone mess with my wiring system but I would also like to update the system. Does anyone have recommendations in the northern Virginia area?
I would go Capristo, best stereo you will never add / upgrade.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,207
Quote:
Hi All,

Have you spoken with Josh @ ECS? He's done several high end sound system upgrades.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member

post #4 of 10 Old 03-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,132
Rubi.
I'd be happy to purchase your stock system. Please send me a PM or a call.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-08-2012, 04:36 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
wouldn't know. have never even turned on my stock system. you could also call competizione and see who they use. custom installation has gone way down since the day.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 10 Old 03-08-2012, 06:13 AM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,219
If you're just looking for a simple head unit and component speaker replacement, I often perform that work in house. If you would like to look at a full high end upgrade with audiophile quality components, I can assist there as well.

As Mr. Cribb mentioned, we've performed numerous upgrades for Exotic car clients.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-08-2012, 06:42 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
I need tunes…..sometimes it’s not on and sometimes it’s loud

I put a complete new system in my 348 last year. Prices have dropped considerably but I still spent $1500…. But I didn’t buy or change the front speakers as they are Alpines and work great and I only needed 1 woofer. The deck was easy to install. Wiring is simple on old cars, +, -. Acc, Antenna and 3 positive and 3 negative wires for 3 speakers….it was super easy.

Biggest problem for me was passing the 2 gauge power (+) wire and hiding it properly as the car and carpet is tight. Passing wires to the front compartment was also a chore as I had to find an opening to pass the speaker wires.

I installed a 60AMP fuse Block at the rear of the car as close as possible to the + battery terminal and used a cover and secured it to the wire for when the cable went through the firewall.

I installed my 2 amps and a 1f CAP in the front with a 3 40AMP Fuse Block….all looks nice but removing the front carpet was a pain. I drive my car a lot and sometimes, a little music is nice. I can put 800 miles in a month easy…If I was going for short rides all the time….then maybe not but I almost never go out for less than an hour at a time and my average is 2+ hours at a time 2-4+ times a week.

I will post pictures later tonight…..and freak everyone out….lol

~

Mario
Attached Images

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari

Last edited by Magnum6464; 03-08-2012 at 08:36 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 03-08-2012, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 355dreamer View Post
Rubi.
I'd be happy to purchase your stock system. Please send me a PM or a call.
Hi Dreamer, you said the same thing about my exhaust right? I promise if I sell any ot the two, you will have dibs. Are you in the NOVA area?
post #9 of 10 Old 03-08-2012, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSofVirginia View Post
If you're just looking for a simple head unit and component speaker replacement, I often perform that work in house. If you would like to look at a full high end upgrade with audiophile quality components, I can assist there as well.

As Mr. Cribb mentioned, we've performed numerous upgrades for Exotic car clients.
Josh, can you give me an idea of what a decent system may go for? I'll be getting in touch with you when it arrives.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,132
Quote:
Hi Dreamer, you said the same thing about my exhaust right? I promise if I sell any ot the two, you will have dibs. Are you in the NOVA area?
Nope, just the radio. I am in Montgomery County, so no problem meeting up!

Congrats BTW!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode