I feel sorry for the little boys with the learnerís (V-8) version of the Ferrari - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-07-2012, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
I feel sorry for the little boys with the learnerís (V-8) version of the Ferrari

I just came back with 8 hours or so of seat time in my sweet thing. I drove to Las Vegas and back. As we all must do, we go with the car to various places. With the 550 going to Las Vegas, it does not understand that there are great grades which one must go up. Others are worried that if they slow down, they are not able to again go at the speed limit or a little higher. The 550 does not care if the grade is great.

Going someplace with a woman requires space for luggage. Me, I can go for two weeks with two underwear and one change of socks. Women are not like that. They need space for their shoes, make-up, cloths, and other female things. The 550 can carry it all.

The 550 has not make much noise so after 3 or 4 hours of driving, the ears are not shot.

The nice Valets at Caesars did not know what it is but understood it is something to respect. It was nice to see the beast parked in front of Caesars.

I am but an old man. I still loved the smooth ride of a V-12 pulling me up the mountains of California going to Sin City. Those little back seat V-8s which push you are exhausting. They also do not have the space for your woman.

Oh, well.

I have it and used it.

Darn, am I a lucky guy or what?

12 cylinders or walk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
If you are happy then yes you are lucky.

For some reason in your post - not so sure you are happy ... hope I'm wrong.

V12 V8 V6 - all Ferrari's make great cars but whatever a person owns is fine by me.

Any pics of the 550 at Ceasar's?
post #3 of 14 Old 03-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567

post #4 of 14 Old 03-07-2012, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,696
Sorry no pictures of the beast sitting in the front row of Caesars. Even a 2 cylinder is cool but a V-12 is the coolest.

Bonzi!!

12 cylinders or walk
post #5 of 14 Old 03-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Bart my friend,

I'm happy you enjoy your great 550. It is a lovely car also for eight hour straight cruises at 55 miles per hour to the world's capital of culture.

Now if you want to learn real driving I'm afraid you have to spend a lot of time in a learner's V8 Ferrari on tricky roads at a stiff pace. But then again, there's nothing wrong with prudent granny-trotting on the Interstate.

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #6 of 14 Old 03-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
Bart my friend,

I'm happy you enjoy your great 550. It is a lovely car also for eight hour straight cruises at 55 miles per hour to the world's capital of culture.

Now if you want to learn real driving I'm afraid you have to spend a lot of time in a learner's V8 Ferrari on tricky roads at a stiff pace. But then again, there's nothing wrong with prudent granny-trotting on the Interstate.

+1

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!

Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider
post #7 of 14 Old 03-07-2012, 07:16 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
LOL!
post #8 of 14 Old 03-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,338
Bart,

An optimist says the glass is half full.
A pessimist says the glass is half empty.
An Engineer says the glass is twice as big as necessary...

So you are indeed a lucky man, even if you travel with twice as many shorts as necessary......

I never tire driving my "pusher V-8", nor does "my woman". Both her luggage and her diminutive posterior fit quite comfortably during our extended trips.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #9 of 14 Old 03-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 406
Different strokes for different folks. "My ____ is bigger than your ____" arguements didn't get anywhere when I was 12 and they still don't today.
post #10 of 14 Old 03-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
"My ____ is bigger than your ____" arguements didn't get anywhere when I was 12 and they still don't today.
Im sorry to hear that, perhaps augmentative surgery could help?

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #11 of 14 Old 03-08-2012, 04:39 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
zing!!

and congrats on finding a way to use the word "augmentative"!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #12 of 14 Old 03-08-2012, 06:58 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
"My ____ is bigger than your ____" arguements didn't get anywhere when I was 12 and they still don't today.
Yeah, and I've been feeling really guilty lately about having made you and all the guys feel that way for all these years.

Please accept my apologies? I will recuse myself from now on.

post #13 of 14 Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862

i like this post,i myself have learned how to drive my 89 328 like a real pro test driver on the street, as to get the most out of the chassis and motor , after 69,000 miles logged, the excitment still shivers up and down my spine everytime i get in the drivers seat, the 550/575/599 are sick machines for sure, but they will not give you the 1970s Formula One feel (no buffer) you get from the 308/328/ 512 BBI /288/ F40..sticking to the 328,308 they are just about the best looking cars in the world and that Ferrari has ever built. the 550 s look cool , but do not evoke the feeling i get while looking at my 328 parked in the garage . the 550 will never draw the attention that the 308/328 and the afformentioned do..PERIOD, the 328 is Ferrari and Ferrari is the 328. The 328 is not a car,,its a pure driving machine, its not meant to go to vegas with a bunch of luggage, or to the grocery store , i dont ever take passengers with me either , i get in the car, i drive and i park it back in the garage until the feeling overcomes me once more,Brett. PS,,maybe this is the guy who didnt wave at me when i was next to him on the 5 FWY in my 328 , in so orange county, on my way back to the south bay !!! LOL...
post #14 of 14 Old 03-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Yeah, and I've been feeling really guilty lately about having made you and all the guys feel that way for all these years.

Please accept my apologies? I will recuse myself from now on.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode