How to become a ferrari mechanic - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-07-2012, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
How to become a ferrari mechanic

Hey fellas first time poster here. Sorry if im in the wrong section of the forum. Im 18 years old and in a few weeks I will be starting work at a local Acura dealership to begin an apprenticeship and learn whatever it may be to become a mechanic. One of my long time goals is to eventually work on Ferrari's and I was wondering what would be the best path to do so/things I would need to do down the road to improve my chances. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-07-2012, 05:25 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 768
Try to get into a ferrari dealer. Do not give up and keep trying.You have to get your foot in the door and then factory training.
Good luck.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
come to the washington area. pretty sure our dealer only hires 18yo's.

<<<------plus, lot's of cute chicks hang out there!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 10 Old 02-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
Welcome to Ferrari Life. We have a couple of pros on the forum that may be able to give you some pointers. First thing I would think you need to do is become an expert Audi mechanic, then maybe an expert Porsche mechanic, and then a Ferrari mechanic. You are already off to a great start and most of the systems on Ferraris are Bosch based, just like the Audis you will be repairing.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Welcome to Ferrari Life. We have a couple of pros on the forum that may be able to give you some pointers. First thing I would think you need to do is become an expert Audi mechanic, then maybe an expert Porsche mechanic, and then a Ferrari mechanic. You are already off to a great start and most of the systems on Ferraris are Bosch based, just like the Audis you will be repairing.

Different continent! I think he's working on Acuras.

See if you like working on cars for a living , it is different than a hobby. You may hate it anyway and not want to be involved in that aspect of the business.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Jay- All those A cars sound the same to me. Not sure if Acuras have Bosch guts or not.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-07-2012, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Im sure I will become ASE certified while working at Acura and I want to get some good work experience under my belt and knowledge of how to fix a car which i currently do not have. If i am ASE certified and I have solid work experience from Acura would that be enough to get me into a Ferrari dealership. If not what else would I need to do and what are some other ways to help my chances. This is something I would love to do some day and want to make sure I take advantage of any opportunities I might have.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-08-2012, 07:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Jay- All those A cars sound the same to me. Not sure if Acuras have Bosch guts or not.
I think they have some bosch and lots of Denso parts. I had one Honda/Acura out of many cars. A 96 4 door GSR Integra sedan 5 sp as a daily driver. I would probably still have it if it didn't start rusting for no reason here in metro Atlanta.

You could always get your feet wet at Acura and Volunteer to be an intern at a Ferrari dealership, ask if they will let you sweep up or watch for free on the weekends. May lead to bigger things and you can see how its done.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Owner
Elite Member

R- That is exactly the way to do it. Ferrari tech data already assumes you are an expert mechanic, so getting certified first is the correct path. Good luck and keep us informed on how you are doing. As you make more money, one way to get your feet wet would be to buy your own Ferrari and maintain it yourself. Will give you the kind of hands on experience you need and you will be able to use the shop's resources on your own time to help maintain the car.

Taz
Terry Phillips

post #10 of 10 Old 02-08-2012, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll keep you guys posted on how everything pans out.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode