Factory Tour Question - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 02-02-2012, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,338
Factory Tour Question

For those of you who've toured the factory:

We just received our approved reservation.

On the appointed day, we're to meet at the Galleria at 2:30 in the afternoon. What should we expect from there?

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 02-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Interesting, when i went we met at the factory. must have changed things around. when i was there we watched a presentation then a bus took us over to another part of the factory and we walked around with commentary. don't take anybody not on the list, they won't let them in.

we ended up in classiche if i remember. very cool tour. you will def like it. don't forget to tour lambo and pagani too. both within 30min drive. i believe ducati and maserati are nearby as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 25 Old 02-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Owner
Elite Member

and don't forget to get this pic! they won't let you take any inside.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Attached Images

post #4 of 25 Old 02-02-2012, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks Wet, I knew you'd know.

The office that arranged it was very specific with their instructions. They wanted the names of all guests, and stressed there is to be no photography of any kind. The e-mail confirmation is quite detailed and exacting.

How long did the whole thing last?

post #5 of 25 Old 02-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Owner
Elite Member

don't remember but it was def over an hour. maybe they have changed things around now that it starts at the galleria. don't forget to eat at cavallino too. how long are you there? I also liked the pizza at the hotel domus. and the food at montana. Thanks for paying Daniel, i never forget!

post #6 of 25 Old 02-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 244
I have booked a cruise for 2013 and will be back in that part of the world. Last time I was there I did not own a Ferrari so could not do the factory tour. Would like to do one next year but heard that minimum age is 16. Is this true? My youngest will be 13 and there is no way I could go without him. His blood, as is mine, is Ferrari red! Might just have to wait a few more years
post #7 of 25 Old 02-02-2012, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Our tour starts at 2:30pm but we'll be in Maranello the whole day with a full list of activities to do. We'll see the Galleria, Celeste wants to shop at the F-Store, we've arranged to drive a 458, lunch at Cav, and then the tour.

We'll be in the area for three days, but not sure if we'll do any of the other factories. Maybe Maserati if they'll let us.

post #8 of 25 Old 02-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
For those of you who've toured the factory:

We just received our approved reservation.

On the appointed day, we're to meet at the Galleria at 2:30 in the afternoon. What should we expect from there?
David,
Congrats. What an opportunity. How long did it take for you to get your approved reservation?
post #9 of 25 Old 02-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 23
Quote:
Our tour starts at 2:30pm but we'll be in Maranello the whole day with a full list of activities to do. We'll see the Galleria, Celeste wants to shop at the F-Store, we've arranged to drive a 458, lunch at Cav, and then the tour.

We'll be in the area for three days, but not sure if we'll do any of the other factories. Maybe Maserati if they'll let us.
David,
May I ask what day you will be there? My wife and I also have a tour at 10:00 am on April 3rd. Just wondering if it was the same day and group.
post #10 of 25 Old 02-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Owner
Elite Member

absolutely no admittance under 16. Ask me how i know . I actually took my son over there and tried to get him on the tour. they told him to pound sand. Strangely, lambo gave us a private tour, no problem. as did pagani. and i didn't own either, go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1fanforlife View Post
I have booked a cruise for 2013 and will be back in that part of the world. Last time I was there I did not own a Ferrari so could not do the factory tour. Would like to do one next year but heard that minimum age is 16. Is this true? My youngest will be 13 and there is no way I could go without him. His blood, as is mine, is Ferrari red! Might just have to wait a few more years

post #11 of 25 Old 02-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Owner
Elite Member

def do lambo and/or pagani over maser. two pics below.

Quote:

Attached Images

post #12 of 25 Old 02-02-2012, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Tifosi,

Ferrari releases the tour dates for the entire year in early January. So we had our request submitted in September. We were also careful to request a range of dates in case our primary was not available. They kept our request on file and filled it the day after the tour dates were released.

The rules specifically state no children under the age of 16. Those 16-19 must supply proof of age.

Our tour will be in September during our yearly Italy vacation.

post #13 of 25 Old 02-02-2012, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Lambo and Pagani are both tempting, esp Lambo. But we plan to buy a QP at the end of the year so want some Maserati schwag...

post #14 of 25 Old 02-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
Interesting, when i went we met at the factory. must have changed things around. when i was there we watched a presentation then a bus took us over to another part of the factory and we walked around with commentary
Similar to my experience in 2007. Whole tour lasted about 3 hrs.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #15 of 25 Old 02-03-2012, 05:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:

You're gonna have a ball! Enjoy

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #16 of 25 Old 02-03-2012, 06:58 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1fanforlife View Post
Last time I was there I did not own a Ferrari so could not do the factory tour.
Did not or could not? You have to show your registration or title to do the tour?
post #17 of 25 Old 02-03-2012, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Owner

JayG, You have to do more than simply show a title. Tours must be arranged through your local authorized dealer. The dealer will verify your ownership, and then forward your request to FNA. FNA makes the reservation with the factory.

Although our dealer knows us well, they took a photocopy of our registration and matched it with their records (and I assume FNA since we registered the car with them when we purchased it).

post #18 of 25 Old 02-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Owner
Elite Member

i was able to call fna directly to set up my tour. Don't remember the number and don't know if that is still an option. there is someone at fna that handles this. I have heard of non-owners touring, but i believe it is rare. They did ask for my vin. Strangely, i did set up the tour at lambo through the dealer, even though i didn't own one. When we got to the lambo factory they had no idea we were there to tour. Luckily, i brought my email confirming it so they dropped what they were doing and gave us an individual tour. Lot's of schwag too. Assembly line workers were giving my kid stuff and we got a couple $100 magazines when we left. The pagani tour i set up by emailing them directly. On the ferrari tour, i started talking to the guy operating the Romeo and juliet robots and he gave me his "meccanica" patch off his jacket. You can just see it in the picture above. Just next to my kids head on my lower left breast of my jacket. Probably because i was wearing the same factory jacket as him!

def go by lambo and pagani even if you don't have a tour. only about 20-25min away from ferrari. Lambo especially because they have a little museum.

post #19 of 25 Old 02-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Did not or could not? You have to show your registration or title to do the tour?
Did not and could not. I knew that i had to own one so did not even attempt.
Did the lambo and Pagani tour but of course one of my dreams is to do the Ferrari factory tour. Now I have the car but my son is still too young. Will just have to wait a few years.
post #20 of 25 Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Sorry JayG, i did not read your post correctly. Did not answer your question correctly either but I see that Killer did. I am always in too much of a hurry. Should not really be working and playing at the same time.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode