Wheels Opinions - Ferrari Life
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 01-24-2012, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Wheels Opinions

What do you guys think of these HRE:
Attached Images
     
markjayw is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 Old 01-24-2012, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
More options:
Attached Images
     
markjayw is offline  
post #3 of 23 Old 01-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
Mark- The third set you show looks like the OEM 458/16M style of wheel, which I always thought was very attractive. I prefer silver, but they look pretty good dark, too. Good news is these have only been running about $5K if you use the right vendor. Plus they are OEM Ferrari.
Attached Images
   

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
 
post #4 of 23 Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: May 2010
Ferrari Life Posts: 3,338
I'm with Taz, I like the 458 wheels in silver best.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
Killer58 is offline  
post #5 of 23 Old 01-25-2012, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Mark- The third set you show looks like the OEM 458/16M style of wheel, which I always thought was very attractive. I prefer silver, but they look pretty good dark, too. Good news is these have only been running about $5K if you use the right vendor. Plus they are OEM Ferrari.
Can you suggest a vendor for that price range? I agree silver, to match the oem stripe color, but yellow caps. One set it on eBay, but 8500 asking or best offer. I doubt, but you never know if Ferrari of New Jersey would discount down to 5k. Maybe Exoticarauto?

I think the ADV1's would also look great, if you could get them to make a set flat, and not so concaved in. One guy just bought a set, made a video on YouTube, but then right when the camera was going to show the side of the car, he turns it off, lol.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

The only potential problem with the HRE and others if you go stock 19inch in front, but then go 20 inch in back is the need for 345/25/20 tires to keep the rear rim/tire diameter in check, both Underground Racing cars above and Novitec's wheel package go this big. Guess I would need to talk to them about potential fender rubbing issues with their recommended offsets.

Last edited by markjayw; 01-25-2012 at 04:48 PM.
markjayw is offline  
post #6 of 23 Old 01-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Owner
 
328turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NYC
Ferrari Life Posts: 64
All are hot, but I like the set on the yellow car. jmo
328turbo is offline  
post #7 of 23 Old 01-25-2012, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
My GF loves the BBS F1, thinks they look like spider webs. Finally got a photo of a Scud with the ADV5 SL: The ADV's look so much "meatier" than the 16m forged to me. I like the look of the thicker spokes on the coupe, but 16m forged look great on the 16m. Does anyone else think the front offset looks a little too aggressive?
Attached Images
     
markjayw is offline  
post #8 of 23 Old 01-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
Mark- Chris Knoppe at Exoticarauto is your best bet, like you surmised. Several friends of mine have bought wheels from him and been completely satisfied.

He will probably take your OEM Scud wheels in trade, too, since there is big demand for those from 360 and F430 owners. They fit both perfectly, too.

Chris is the one who helped me build the OEM wheel list below.

[email protected]
Attached Files
File Type: doc Ferrari Wheel Sizes.doc (29.5 KB, 211 views)

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #9 of 23 Old 01-25-2012, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Mark- Chris Knoppe at Exoticarauto is your best bet, like you surmised. Several friends of mine have bought wheels from him and been completely satisfied.

He will probably take your OEM Scud wheels in trade, too, since there is big demand for those from 360 and F430 owners. They fit both perfectly, too.

Chris is the one who helped me build the OEM wheel list below.

[email protected]
Yeah, just sent him an email. So Taz, what do you think of the ADV's on the red Scuderia? Here are the weights they sent me:

19x8.5 front = 19 lbs (including center cap)
19x11 rear = 24.5 lbs (including center cap)

The BBS F1 are supposedly:

19"x8.75, offset 50 (FI010); weight: 7.4 kg
19"x12, offset 50 (FI012); weight: 8.9 kg

I am not going to track the car in all likelyhood, so this would be for me purely cosmetic, and bragging rights if lighter wheels do make any significant improvements in accelaration?

Capristo Headers would probably be a better investment. Trying to not get carried away with upgrades.
markjayw is offline  
post #10 of 23 Old 01-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
Mark- The ADVs are almost as good looking as the OEM wheels, which are forged. For the same or similar money, I would rather have the OEM wheels.

Who made the center-lock wheels? I like the center lock feature.

One set you missed are the Novitec NF3s, but they are $10K+.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #11 of 23 Old 01-25-2012, 10:12 AM
 
134282's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Ferrari Life Posts: 398
I'm always wary of threads where people seek others' opinions on something like this, for two reasons: one, I think people only want to receive positive feedback; and two, I think people shouldn't care what other people think, as long as they're happy with whatever they're doing (unless you're inquiring about product quality, etc.). With that said, I think those wheels look great on the white Scuderia, but only okay on the red one. And I think the wheels on the Grigio Silverstone Scuderia (with the yellow stripes) look awful; it looks like someone put CGT wheels on a Ferrari. The 16M wheels look great, but the red center caps are throwing me off, and the wheels in post seven just look downright bad ass. I really think the aftermarket wheel choice should be specific to the look of the car. The shade of lipstick a hooker wears might not look as good on my mother (then again...)

I need an Aventador!
134282 is offline  
post #12 of 23 Old 01-25-2012, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134282 View Post
I'm always wary of threads where people seek others' opinions on something like this, for two reasons: one, I think people only want to receive positive feedback; and two, I think people shouldn't care what other people think, as long as they're happy with whatever they're doing (unless you're inquiring about product quality, etc.). With that said, I think those wheels look great on the white Scuderia, but only okay on the red one. And I think the wheels on the Grigio Silverstone Scuderia (with the yellow stripes) look awful; it looks like someone put CGT wheels on a Ferrari. The 16M wheels look great, but the red center caps are throwing me off, and the wheels in post seven just look downright bad ass. I really think the aftermarket wheel choice should be specific to the look of the car. The shade of lipstick a hooker wears might not look as good on my mother (then again...)
LOL, I thought the same on the red center caps. I am seeking advice, because if I ever sell the car, would do it with the stock wheels, and sell off the aftermarket one's. Just curious which would be easy to sell. Also if anyone has dealt with any of the vendors and had problems. There has been talk about the BBS F1 for example being too light, and not suitable for track, which would worry me that they may not take a pothole too well. Pretty scary when they are $8000 + a set.

Will see what Chris has to say.
markjayw is offline  
post #13 of 23 Old 01-25-2012, 10:22 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
Carbon- I agree on the red wheel centers on the 458/16M wheels, but luckily there are many choices for centers. This does not even include the stock yellow centers.
Attached Images
 

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #14 of 23 Old 01-25-2012, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Carbon- I agree on the red wheel centers on the 458/16M wheels, but luckily there are many choices for centers. This does not even include the stock yellow centers.
Yeah, but if only Ferrari would do the carbon shields for the F430 and Scuderia. Sad they are still only available for the 599GTB. Strange you can't get the front emblem for the 599GTB in the same carbon design, but I am sure Ferrari wants a bit of yellow somewhere on the exterior?

Anyone know how to photoshop? Would like to see the last picture, the red Scuderia in black with the ADV's with yellow caps. Spendy little wheels, ADV says list is $$7750 plus their specific titanium bolts at $1000 / set. Said stock titanium bolts will not set in well with their wheels. Oh well, patience / research / and due dilligence usually results in a better purchase decision.
markjayw is offline  
post #15 of 23 Old 01-25-2012, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Mark- Chris Knoppe at Exoticarauto is your best bet, like you surmised. Several friends of mine have bought wheels from him and been completely satisfied.

He will probably take your OEM Scud wheels in trade, too, since there is big demand for those from 360 and F430 owners. They fit both perfectly, too.

Chris is the one who helped me build the OEM wheel list below.

[email protected]
He is currently sold out on the 16m wheels, but he will check when he gets back from vacation.
markjayw is offline  
post #16 of 23 Old 01-25-2012, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Mark- The ADVs are almost as good looking as the OEM wheels, which are forged. For the same or similar money, I would rather have the OEM wheels.

Who made the center-lock wheels? I like the center lock feature.

One set you missed are the Novitec NF3s, but they are $10K+.
The center-lock are HRE, done custom for a customer.
markjayw is offline  
post #17 of 23 Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
Mark- Looks like they tried to duplicate the Enzo center locks and then screwed up and painted part of it red or left it red anodized.
Attached Images
 

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #18 of 23 Old 01-26-2012, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Mark- Looks like they tried to duplicate the Enzo center locks and then screwed up and painted part of it red or left it red anodized.
Looks cool though if you have red brake calipers, unfortunately that Scuderia has yellow. Still looks cool IMO, necessary, absolutely not.
markjayw is offline  
post #19 of 23 Old 01-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
Mark- Affirmative, I tried to fit a set of NF1 centerlocks to my 575M, but they only fit the 360 and F430. The axles on the 575 were way bigger than those on the V8s. So I sold them. NF1 and NF2 wheels are copies of the Enzo wheels. Pretty, but very heavy.
Attached Images
   

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline  
post #20 of 23 Old 01-26-2012, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Hey, but they would be very stable if I ever decided to risk 190 + mph. Still only been 140 mph max ever, with me driving that is.
markjayw is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale