Aspiring Ferrari Owner's Question... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-31-2011, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 82
Aspiring Ferrari Owner's Question...

Hi Folks!

I'm 16 and am I massive car fan with Ferrari's been at the Top of the list! My dream would be to own a Ferrari by the time I'm 25. (Preferably a 458!). To achieve that dream, I need to make some serious cash in a fairly short amount of time!

I appreciate this is a delicate question, but Ferrari owners, what do you do as a job to by able to afford a Ferrari? Are you a Doctor, or Lawyer or have you set up your own successful business? etc..

Now, 2 years ago I set up my little business in iPhone App Development and have made around 10k in those 2 years. I know it's way away from being able to afford a Ferrari but I'm pretty sure it's better than the majority of 16 Year Olds!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-31-2011, 07:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
James
Welcome to Ferrari Life. Many of us felt like you do at 16. Search the site and you'll find multiple threads asking similar Qs to the ones you've posed with some detailed replies from members.

Congratulations on the success of you first project.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #3 of 7 Old 12-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
James- Welcome, and having a Ferrari by 25 is possible, but it took me until 27 to get my first one. Here is a thread that answers your questions. Personally, I flew fighters for the USAF and then worked as a rocket scientist and I can guarantee you I was not rich when I owned any of my Ferraris.

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/el...-you-guys.html

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

post #4 of 7 Old 12-31-2011, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
James- Welcome, and having a Ferrari by 25 is possible, but it took me until 27 to get my first one. Here is a thread that answers your questions. Personally, I flew fighters for the USAF and then worked as a rocket scientist and I can guarantee you I was not rich when I owned any of my Ferraris.

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/el...-you-guys.html
Hey,

Thanks! What was your first Ferrari?
Also, I have to take into consideration the 9k a year for University in the UK so that will put me in quite a bit of debt so it may be longer than I hoped to get a Ferrari

Unfortunately, I cannot access that link as I can't get into that forum. Any way to do so?
post #5 of 7 Old 12-31-2011, 08:30 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
James- It is this forum so just hit new posts and look for "What do you guys do during the day?"

My first Ferrari was a 72 Dino 246 GT I bought in 1975. Most of us have the cars we owned and still own in our signatures.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-31-2011, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
James- It is this forum so just hit new posts and look for "What do you guys do during the day?"

My first Ferrari was a 72 Dino 246 GT I bought in 1975. Most of us have the cars we owned and still own in our signatures.
Okay, thank you.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-31-2011, 12:36 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 108
My advice to you, playa...go to a Ferrari dealership, and say 'how can I possibly afford one of these' to the salesmen.

Hopefully he'll give you wonderful advice.
May the farce be with you...and another thing, don't become obsessed with your obsessions. Your values and ideals change over time, much more so in your young case.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode