Ferrari Chairman - Luca - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 12-21-2011, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
Luca di Montezemolo running for Italian presidency?

Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo has reportedly announced his intentions to run for the Italian presidency in 2013.

In a letter published to Italia Futura, di Montezemolo called 2011 one of the "most difficult years since the war" and blamed a "paralysis of decision-making" for holding the country "hostage."

As part of his campaign, di Montezemolo aims to create jobs, reform welfare and refocus the tax burden on wealthy individuals. He also intends to cut government waste and eliminate corruption.

It remains unclear if di Montezemolo will resign from his position at Ferrari, but we should learn more in the coming months.

L'impegno di Italia Futura per il 2012 - ItaliaFutura.it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 12-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,338
Not surprised at all. We heard this all the time during our last visit.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 19 Old 12-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Not sure how he intends to solve Italy's problems by holding what is largely a ceremonial post.

post #4 of 19 Old 12-22-2011, 05:04 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Ferrari Chairman - Luca

Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo running for Italian presidency

The Italian economy and political scene has been in turmoil since the resignation of former president Silvio Berlusconni. In a desire to rebuild Italy's economy and reputation, Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo has reportedly announced his intentions to run for the Italian presidency in 2013.

In a letter published to Italia Futura, di Montezemolo called 2011 one of the "most difficult years since the war" and blamed a "paralysis of decision-making" for holding the country "hostage."

As part of his campaign, di Montezemolo aims to create jobs, reform welfare and refocus the tax burden on wealthy individuals. He also intends to cut government waste and eliminate corruption.

It remains unclear if di Montezemolo will resign from his position at Ferrari.
post #5 of 19 Old 12-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Obama II
post #6 of 19 Old 12-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,338
There are not enough wealthy individuals to tax in order to raise the kind of revenue they need.

Eliminate corruption?! That's a good one.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #7 of 19 Old 12-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/fe...rman-luca.html

Oh, my: Talk about lowering Ferrari's brand name.

If warranty and quality of work is any indication how the country will be run....well, this'll put the icing on the already Ferrari problem cake.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #8 of 19 Old 12-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Obama II
hahaha ... just what every country longs for - another work in progress Prez.

Personally he reminds me of Trump.
post #9 of 19 Old 12-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
He doesn't like my 348 so F Him. If he calls for a life ring, I'll throw him an anchor.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #10 of 19 Old 12-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Owner

Something must be wrong - apologies for posting another thread on the same topic.

Can someone merge the two - threads appear as new randomly.

Is anyone else experiencing thread time delays?
post #11 of 19 Old 12-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
Knew I should have made the request instead of the link, but didn't want to tax Andrew's limited time.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #12 of 19 Old 12-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
He doesn't like my 348 so F Him. If he calls for a life ring, I'll throw him an anchor.
lol - never heard that one.
post #13 of 19 Old 12-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo running for Italian presidency

The Italian economy and political scene has been in turmoil since the resignation of former president Silvio Berlusconni. In a desire to rebuild Italy's economy and reputation, Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo has reportedly announced his intentions to run for the Italian presidency in 2013.

It remains unclear if di Montezemolo will resign from his position at Ferrari.
Hi Doug,

Montezemolo's staff denied immediatly that he was going to 'enter' into the political arena in 2013.

Thruth is Montezemolo's political ambitions have been destroyed by Monti's Government. With Berlusconi in charge, he was trying to build a coalition, centered around Casini's UDC and Fini's FLI (all togheter around 10% of the voters), to run for 2013 elections, but the political situation is totally different now.

Besides, his public image is not so good here. He is seen as a well connected upper class snob, not particularly bright as a manager and prone to horrible gaffes.

ciao
Mauro

'99 550 Maranello

Vintage Alfa Romeo: '53 1900 saloon, '59 2000 Spider Touring, '61 Giulietta Sprint, '64 2600 Sprint, '72 Montreal, '72 Giulia Super 1300 'Polizia'

Bikes: '02 Ducati ST4s, '03 Kawasaki Z.1000
post #14 of 19 Old 12-23-2011, 01:04 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
There are not enough wealthy individuals to tax in order to raise the kind of revenue they need.

Eliminate corruption?! That's a good one.
eh! eh! There are, there are, believe me. 10% of the population owns 50% of the national richness here. You have just to start them.

Just as examples: 42% of the owners of a yacht declares to earn less than 20k Euro a year BEFORE tax; 26% of the owners of a plane or helicopter declares to earn less than 20k Euro a year BEFORE tax; the average yearly earning of a jeweller is less than 15k Euro BEFORE tax; the daily average income of a restaurant is 37 (thirtyseven !) Euro; etc.

ciao
Mauro

'99 550 Maranello

Vintage Alfa Romeo: '53 1900 saloon, '59 2000 Spider Touring, '61 Giulietta Sprint, '64 2600 Sprint, '72 Montreal, '72 Giulia Super 1300 'Polizia'

post #15 of 19 Old 12-23-2011, 02:04 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Something must be wrong - apologies for posting another thread on the same topic.

Can someone merge the two - threads appear as new randomly.

Is anyone else experiencing thread time delays?
done
post #16 of 19 Old 12-23-2011, 05:25 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurodev View Post
eh! eh! There are, there are, believe me. 10% of the population owns 50% of the national richness here. You have just to start them.

Just as examples: 42% of the owners of a yacht declares to earn less than 20k Euro a year BEFORE tax; 26% of the owners of a plane or helicopter declares to earn less than 20k Euro a year BEFORE tax; the average yearly earning of a jeweller is less than 15k Euro BEFORE tax; the daily average income of a restaurant is 37 (thirtyseven !) Euro; etc.

ciao
Mauro
Mauro I had a St Louis friend who is well connected to the Luca and Co. people.

He even owned and raced an FXX - I literally disowned him due to his cheating ways.

He married into a extremely wealthy local family and kept a dual citizenship - for what later became obvious reasons.

The good news is - there is a lot of gold in them thar hills.

I agree - that is why I posted earlier he reminds me of Trump.
post #17 of 19 Old 12-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Owner

Quote:

Besides, his public image is not so good here. He is seen as a well connected upper class snob, not particularly bright as a manager and prone to horrible gaffes.

ciao
Mauro

Seems they have him pretty well figured out.

Let me ask you, for years, many years it has been rumored among factory people that Luca Montezemelo is a relation to Gianni Agnelli. Have you heard that? Any rumors of that among the Italian people or in the press?

His rise at Fiat/Ferrari was meteoric and at a very young age. A connection to Agnelli would explain that.
post #18 of 19 Old 12-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Seems they have him pretty well figured out.

Let me ask you, for years, many years it has been rumored among factory people that Luca Montezemelo is a relation to Gianni Agnelli. Have you heard that? Any rumors of that among the Italian people or in the press?

His rise at Fiat/Ferrari was meteoric and at a very young age. A connection to Agnelli would explain that.
Well, my father has been a middle manager in one of the companies of the Fiat galaxy for 35 years. He was sure Gianni Agnelli didn't dislike men and the rumor you mentioned was common in the Group. There are not proof of course. Montezemolo, on the other hand, is well known to like women.

I am not aware of that rumor being ever mentioned on a newspapers or in a TV program, but the Avvocato was considered a sort of king and was powerful and respected. Montezemolo was also able to obtain favors. For example, for many years he had a relationship with a splendid woman, Edwige Fenech, quite famous before meeting him because one of the main star of Italian sexy movies in the '70s. Well, all those movies disappeared from the market and no television channel dared to broadcast any until Montezemolo left her.

Ciao
Mauro

'99 550 Maranello

post #19 of 19 Old 12-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Owner

Quote:
Well, my father has been a middle manager in one of the companies of the Fiat galaxy for 35 years. He was sure Gianni Agnelli didn't dislike men and the rumor you mentioned was common in the Group. There are not proof of course. Montezemolo, on the other hand, is well known to like women.

I am not aware of that rumor being ever mentioned on a newspapers or in a TV program, but the Avvocato was considered a sort of king and was powerful and respected. Montezemolo was also able to obtain favors. For example, for many years he had a relationship with a splendid woman, Edwige Fenech, quite famous before meeting him because one of the main star of Italian sexy movies in the '70s. Well, all those movies disappeared from the market and no television channel dared to broadcast any until Montezemolo left her.

Ciao
Mauro

Great story.

Mille grazie

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode