The 2011 f1 season is over-spoilers - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 11-27-2011, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
The 2011 f1 season is over-spoilers

well,the 2011 season is over,S.Vettel finishing 2nd to Webber,being cheated out of another win due to mechanical failure, but to bring the chassis home in second place just puts an exclamation point to his total dominence,he also broke N.Mansels long standing record for most poles in a season ,with 15 total, JENSON BUTTON ,my favorite driver gets on the podium once more finishing 3rd and putting a period on 2nd place in the drivers championship,Alonso in my view had a good season ,showing he can drive the shit out of lousy ass car,Alonso with the right car will definetly be a 3rd time world drivers champion. Massa finished 100 points behind his teamate,next year will be his last in a Ferrari if he doesnt improve significantly. Four months and were back at it ,somthing tells me that Vettel is not going anywhere soon !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 11-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Good synopsis. Lets hope Alonso and Massa get a better car to challenge with next year. Four months won't be long in coming around. It will take a special car and driver to compete against the Red Bull/Vettel dominance.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #3 of 23 Old 11-27-2011, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Owner

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Good synopsis. Lets hope Alonso and Massa get a better car to challenge with next year. Four months won't be long in coming around. It will take a special car and driver to compete against the Red Bull/Vettel dominance.
+1 Barry !! how do you like those Ducs ? i myself love the way they look,but am to old to rap my pretty decent in shape frame around those tubular/trellis frames LOL, im thinking instead of another Busa ,new GSXR 1000, with bar risers as well as the factory adjustable rear sets ,maybe switching them out with a set of cycle cat adjustable rears , im thinking about wanting to drag my knee again on a much lighter bike , the GSXR is the most comfortable bike in that class that i have sat on , but ill still have to adjust things for my comfort level .

post #4 of 23 Old 11-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
A little controversy surrounds that win. Before the race, Martin Brundle asked Mark Webber (Live on Camera) if he had the same gearbox as Sebastian Vettel. What did Martin know or hear? mark replied, "Yes". During the race, Seb was told he had serious gearbox trouble. When Mark Webber came to pass, Vettel moved over in an obvious manner. Mark passed with ease to take the lead. After that, Seb fought off everyone else behind him to keep second place. With a broken gearbox? C'mon! Fake!

Last year's Brazil GP, Mark was robbed by Christian Horner's team orders. This year, they rewarded him with a podium win.

post #5 of 23 Old 11-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca brazzi View Post
+1 Barry !! how do you like those Ducs ? i myself love the way they look,but am to old to rap my pretty decent in shape frame around those tubular/trellis frames LOL, im thinking instead of another Busa ,new GSXR 1000, with bar risers as well as the factory adjustable rear sets ,maybe switching them out with a set of cycle cat adjustable rears , im thinking about wanting to drag my knee again on a much lighter bike , the GSXR is the most comfortable bike in that class that i have sat on , but ill still have to adjust things for my comfort level .
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca brazzi View Post
The Ducs are great, but by no means comfortable. My daily transport is a BMW R1200 GS Adventure. A great all round bike. Still I love the Ducs but probably not for everyday riding (that said I have ridden them to southern Europe from Ireland on more than one occasion!)

The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #6 of 23 Old 11-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 132
I think the gearbox issue was fake also, just to LET Webber win, but what do I know, I do know that holding second place that long with mechanical problems is highly unlikely. Anyway Vettel has nothing left to prove, he's already done it all! Amazing driver he is, how'd he do in a red car??? Is Alonso really even trying or are our cars that slow? Next year, I can hardly wait! Forza Ferrari!
post #7 of 23 Old 11-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino246gt View Post
I think the gearbox issue was fake also, just to LET Webber win, but what do I know, I do know that holding second place that long with mechanical problems is highly unlikely. Anyway Vettel has nothing left to prove, he's already done it all! Amazing driver he is, how'd he do in a red car??? Is Alonso really even trying or are our cars that slow? Next year, I can hardly wait! Forza Ferrari!
Yes, Vettel had nothing to prove, and Mark Webber was without a podium win, so it made sense as a team to let him through, but without the hokey gearbox issue.

I'd like to see Vettel drive in traffic more often. It was like watching Tiger Woods in his heyday- so far ahead of the pack, that you wondered who would place second. With Vettel way out in front with clean air and no traffic, he definitely had a great car.

Alonso as well as Massa were both trying hard. In fact, in Brazil there was nothing Alonso could do to hold Jenson Button back. Jenson had DRS going wide open, but Alonso couldn't use his. It was still a good struggle for Jenson to pass Fernando, and he didn't get past easily.

Both Ferrari drivers have slower cars than RBR and McLaren, and Ferrari knows it. Ferrari promises faster cars for both drivers next year. As for Massa, he got shafted by becoming the guinea pig for tires, wings, and engines. Massa would be told to pit and take on soft or super soft tires just to see if Alonso should have them. If it turned out to be the wrong strategy, Alonso would pit and get mediums or hards. So unfair to a number 2 driver, but helps the team and Massa is a team player. Also, Hamilton kept crashing into Massa and keeping Felipe from finishing a race. Only the last crash was considered Massa's fault by the stewards. Some people don't watch the races and only look at the results with no podium place by Massa. After next season's over, he'll be replaced. Vettel has talked about every driver wanting to race for Ferrari, and he has no Manager (manages himself) so that may happen someday.

post #8 of 23 Old 11-28-2011, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari

Ferrari is much more interested in winning the constructors championship,,if they could win that without either driver winning the championship ,it would be just fine with them.
post #9 of 23 Old 11-29-2011, 01:45 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 406
Quote:
The Ducs are great, but by no means comfortable. My daily transport is a BMW R1200 GS Adventure. A great all round bike. Still I love the Ducs but probably not for everyday riding (that said I have ridden them to southern Europe from Ireland on more than one occasion!)
Hi Barry, never tried the old ST serie or the new Multistrada ? They are ways more confortable than the SBK series.

I am using quite often a 2002 ST4s. Not so powerful by today's standards, with just 117-120 HPs, but very confortable and fast.

ciao
Mauro

Last edited by maurodev; 11-29-2011 at 06:02 AM.
post #10 of 23 Old 11-29-2011, 01:49 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonzapper View Post
Yes, Vettel had nothing to prove, and Mark Webber was without a podium win, so it made sense as a team to let him through, but without the hokey gearbox issue.

I'd like to see Vettel drive in traffic more often. It was like watching Tiger Woods in his heyday- so far ahead of the pack, that you wondered who would place second. With Vettel way out in front with clean air and no traffic, he definitely had a great car.

Alonso as well as Massa were both trying hard. In fact, in Brazil there was nothing Alonso could do to hold Jenson Button back. Jenson had DRS going wide open, but Alonso couldn't use his. It was still a good struggle for Jenson to pass Fernando, and he didn't get past easily.

Both Ferrari drivers have slower cars than RBR and McLaren, and Ferrari knows it. Ferrari promises faster cars for both drivers next year. As for Massa, he got shafted by becoming the guinea pig for tires, wings, and engines. Massa would be told to pit and take on soft or super soft tires just to see if Alonso should have them. If it turned out to be the wrong strategy, Alonso would pit and get mediums or hards. So unfair to a number 2 driver, but helps the team and Massa is a team player. Also, Hamilton kept crashing into Massa and keeping Felipe from finishing a race. Only the last crash was considered Massa's fault by the stewards. Some people don't watch the races and only look at the results with no podium place by Massa. After next season's over, he'll be replaced. Vettel has talked about every driver wanting to race for Ferrari, and he has no Manager (manages himself) so that may happen someday.
Hi Neonzapper, I think you are right about Massa. He is like Barrichello with Schumi. A good #2. Problem is he is not thinking that way, seeing himself as a #1. With luck, he could win a title, but I do not see him in the same league as Alonso, Hamilton or Vettel.

ciao
Mauro
post #11 of 23 Old 11-29-2011, 06:29 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feffman View Post
Renault Confirms Kimi Raikkonen Will Return to Formula 1 in 2012

By Pablo Elizalde
Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 07:13 GMT

Renault was forced to search for another driver after Robert Kubica confirmed last week that he would not be ready to start the 2012 season following his dramatic accident in February.
I get the feeling that Renault was searching for another driver a long time before RK confirmed he would not be ready for 2012 "last week"!

post #12 of 23 Old 11-29-2011, 06:35 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurodev View Post
Hi Barry, never tried the old ST serie or the new Multistrada ? They are ways more confortable than the SBK series.

I am using quite often a 2002 ST4s. Not so powerful by today's standards, with just 117-120 HPs, but very confortable and fast.

ciao
Mauro
Hi Mauro
I've only ever owned SBK Ducati's, 999, 916, 848, each one as uncomfortable as the one before! It doesn't bother me too much though as they are a pure weekend toy and to be honest they don't see too much mileage any year. Have ridden a couple of Monsters and if a lot of my daily bike riding was in cities I would definitely consider one.

However I have yet to find anything that will compare to the BMW GS Adventure in terms of pracitalities mixed with riding enjoyment. It will literally ride through anything! And when I arrive at my destination becuase I have the full size aluminium panniers and top box, my helmet, jacket, trousers and boots all go in. The laptop bag comes out and I enter the clients offices looking like I could have stepped OUT of a BMW rather than jumped OFF one! Last year I managed to get about 49 weeks commuting out of 52 - only the really bad snow stopped me.

post #13 of 23 Old 11-29-2011, 06:37 AM
Owner

Quote:

ciao
Mauro
The BMW isn't too powerful either. In fact I don't even kow what BHP it has! It's fast enough for what I want out of it and it's pure aerodynamics mean that anything over about 130kmh is not really comfortable anyway so additional power would largely be wasted.

post #14 of 23 Old 11-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Owner

Quote:
The BMW isn't too powerful either. In fact I don't even kow what BHP it has! It's fast enough for what I want out of it and it's pure aerodynamics mean that anything over about 130kmh is not really comfortable anyway so additional power would largely be wasted.
Hi Barry, BMW is producing fantastic bikes in all categories.

Ciao
Mauro
post #15 of 23 Old 11-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Owner

Quote:
Hi Barry, BMW is producing fantastic bikes in all categories.

Ciao
Mauro
I agree. If I wasn't a die hard Ducatisti I'd have a BMW 1000RR in the garage too (but that would be just too much German machinery... )

post #16 of 23 Old 11-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Owner

Kimi wanted 20% of Williams, in addition to driver's salary. Williams turned him down.

I have a feeling Robert Kubica may be Alonso's number 2 in 2013, but that's a long way off.

post #17 of 23 Old 11-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Owner

Quote:
Kimi wanted 20% of Williams, in addition to driver's salary. Williams turned him down.
Wonder what deal he struck with Renault. Wasn't he one of the highest paid F1 drivers in 2010 when he wasn't even in a car....

post #18 of 23 Old 11-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Owner

Quote:
Wonder what deal he struck with Renault. Wasn't he one of the highest paid F1 drivers in 2010 when he wasn't even in a car....
Yes. Ferrari gave Kimi a longterm $50M contract which he walked away from, citing his motivation was gone (Mark Webber joked Kimi was lost in Vodka). Ferrari gave Kimi a huge undisclosed severance when they fired him. Kimi owns several racing teams in different venues, and owns a race driver school. He's not hurting financially, but doesn't display any mojo when he talks about racing. I agree with you Barry- Kimi's deal must be a dusie! But, to throw a monkey wrench on the whole thing, at nearly 33 years old, he might be another Schumi out there.

post #19 of 23 Old 11-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Owner

Quote:
Yes. Ferrari gave Kimi a longterm $50M contract which he walked away from, citing his motivation was gone (Mark Webber joked Kimi was lost in Vodka). Ferrari gave Kimi a huge undisclosed severance when they fired him. Kimi owns several racing teams in different venues, and owns a race driver school. He's not hurting financially, but doesn't display any mojo when he talks about racing.
I agree. Almost seemed like a driver who resented having a god given talent for driving a car fast and would rather be somewhere else, doing something else. That said there was an element of his personality that I enjoyed, his complete lack of enthusiasm and couldn't care less attitude at times was pure entertainment. I wonder is he back in F1 for the pay cheque or because he wants to be there. I hope the latter.

post #20 of 23 Old 11-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
this seems contradictory.

Quote:
Yes. Ferrari gave Kimi a longterm $50M contract which he walked away from, citing his motivation was gone (Mark Webber joked Kimi was lost in Vodka). Ferrari gave Kimi a huge undisclosed severance when they fired him.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode