How did you get into Ferraris? - Page 14 - Ferrari Life
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #261 of 562 Old 11-27-2012, 11:49 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Ferrari Life Posts: 1
If you truly need help finding a vehicle or getting into one. Contact me:


Matt Kahn
Exotic Sales Specialist

Last edited by Boxer; 11-28-2012 at 01:25 PM.
MKahn900 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #262 of 562 Old 12-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Artform
Guest
 
Ferrari Life Posts: n/a
I lived in Switzerland from '93 to '98 and that's where it all began for me. I would spot exotics on a daily basis. My fondest memory was back in '97 when I was outside playing around on my skateboard and this brand new 550 Maranello zoomed by.. for a moment everything around me stopped. Not to mention the countless times I visited Ferrari dealerships and attended racing events on closed off city streets that included Porsches, Lambos, Ferraris and other makes. My love for Ferraris and automobiles in general only grew bigger from there...
 
post #263 of 562 Old 01-13-2013, 07:29 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: LaSarre,Quebec,Canada
Ferrari Life Posts: 150
In 1998 I was shopping for a Pantera and came accross a ad for a 308GTS for sale at a very reasonnable price. I went to look at it and from there I started to look for a 308. I bought my car early in 1999 and I own it since then. I tought I'd own that car for a short time and sell it but got bitten hard by it. I love that car, it is actually the car I loved the most in my entire life. Many other cars have passed in my garage since then including a Pantera but the ferrari is still there. I even bought a second one last year and looking for a third one right now.
I think I got addicted.
godabitibi is offline  
 
post #264 of 562 Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Owner
 
P2164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arkansas
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by godabitibi View Post
In 1998 I was shopping for a Pantera and came accross a ad for a 308GTS for sale at a very reasonnable price. I went to look at it and from there I started to look for a 308. I bought my car early in 1999 and I own it since then. I tought I'd own that car for a short time and sell it but got bitten hard by it. I love that car, it is actually the car I loved the most in my entire life. Many other cars have passed in my garage since then including a Pantera but the ferrari is still there. I even bought a second one last year and looking for a third one right now.
I think I got addicted.
You got the bug!
P2164 is offline  
post #265 of 562 Old 01-13-2013, 09:09 AM
Owner
 
Sw4n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Milan, Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 106
Oh it's very easy. I'm Italian...

"Engines are like women: you have to know how to touch them in the most sensitive parts."
Sw4n is offline  
post #266 of 562 Old 01-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Owner
 
alexscud's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Italy
Ferrari Life Posts: 135
I was born in Rome and I have always lived here and it will be 'so' in the future. Although in Italy for those who are 'passionate about engine life and' difficult.
The passion for cars and motorcycles has moved me to my father, almost without noticing this .. my favorite car when I was 16 was the 208 turbo .. I dreamed of having one. But my father could not afford it ..
Only in 2003, I fulfilled my dream setting for my pleasure a 360 modena and ordering it at the Official Ferrari Dealer.
In 2007 I ordered the 430 Scuderia and I 'was delivered in January 2008 .. fantastic .. on road and track driving pleasure unforgettable! Difficult to sell it '..

2008 430 Scuderia
2003 360 Modena
alexscud is offline  
post #267 of 562 Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 1
hello , new here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



steve borsuk
steve borsuk is offline  
post #268 of 562 Old 01-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,856
Steve- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Go down to member introductions and tell us something about yourself. We usually get good traffic on new member intros.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is online now  
post #269 of 562 Old 01-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Owner
 
P2164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arkansas
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexscud View Post
I was born in Rome and I have always lived here and it will be 'so' in the future. Although in Italy for those who are 'passionate about engine life and' difficult.
The passion for cars and motorcycles has moved me to my father, almost without noticing this .. my favorite car when I was 16 was the 208 turbo .. I dreamed of having one. But my father could not afford it ..
Only in 2003, I fulfilled my dream setting for my pleasure a 360 modena and ordering it at the Official Ferrari Dealer.
In 2007 I ordered the 430 Scuderia and I 'was delivered in January 2008 .. fantastic .. on road and track driving pleasure unforgettable! Difficult to sell it '..
Good taste my friend I think the 208 turbo would be a great car for Italy tax wise, I may have the only 208 turbo in the USA. Good story that your father passed his passion to you.
P2164 is offline  
post #270 of 562 Old 01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 47
I always wanted a 911 Turbo. It was 'the car' in the late 70s when I was growing up. In Glasgow, you'd see one once-a-year if you were lucky back then.

Fast forward 30+ years and I'm about to buy my first car (no laughing please). Living in London now, I am shocked by how common 911 Ts are. They are still amazing cars, but ubiquitous. I then widened my vision and realised that a 360 Spider was actually the car for me (as I can't afford an F430... yet). The 360 really is aesthetically stunning! And now 911s just look like VW Beetles to me!!!
Stevro is offline  
post #271 of 562 Old 01-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Owner
 
il Capolino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Switzerland
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevro View Post
I always wanted a 911 Turbo. It was 'the car' in the late 70s when I was growing up. In Glasgow, you'd see one once-a-year if you were lucky back then.

Fast forward 30+ years and I'm about to buy my first car (no laughing please). Living in London now, I am shocked by how common 911 Ts are. They are still amazing cars, but ubiquitous. I then widened my vision and realised that a 360 Spider was actually the car for me (as I can't afford an F430... yet). The 360 really is aesthetically stunning! And now 911s just look like VW Beetles to me!!!
You can do it Steve!!

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
il Capolino is offline  
post #272 of 562 Old 01-24-2013, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevro View Post
I always wanted a 911 Turbo. It was 'the car' in the late 70s when I was growing up. In Glasgow, you'd see one once-a-year if you were lucky back then.

Fast forward 30+ years and I'm about to buy my first car (no laughing please). Living in London now, I am shocked by how common 911 Ts are. They are still amazing cars, but ubiquitous. I then widened my vision and realised that a 360 Spider was actually the car for me (as I can't afford an F430... yet). The 360 really is aesthetically stunning! And now 911s just look like VW Beetles to me!!!
911s in London seem to be as common as BMWs and Mercedes. A 360 still stands out.
Boxer is offline  
post #273 of 562 Old 01-26-2013, 08:49 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Grass Valley, CA USA
Ferrari Life Posts: 167
Formula 1, Enzo Ferrari and Niki Lauda in the 1976 and 1977 seasons on ABC's Wide World of Sports here in America, Enzo portrayed as "The Godfather" of speed from this little factory in northern Italy that was all but invincable on the track. Then the drop dead gorgeaous 308's comming to Amreica.Seeing a 512 going faster then anything I had ever seen before in the wide open Western US highways, and all with so much grace, and all with a better sound then anything I have ever heard. Really and truely magical!

ncng
ncng is offline  
post #274 of 562 Old 01-28-2013, 05:38 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Ferrari Life Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
You can do it Steve!!
Thanks
Stevro is offline  
post #275 of 562 Old 01-28-2013, 06:40 AM
Owner
 
P2164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arkansas
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncng View Post
Formula 1, Enzo Ferrari and Niki Lauda in the 1976 and 1977 seasons on ABC's Wide World of Sports here in America, Enzo portrayed as "The Godfather" of speed from this little factory in northern Italy that was all but invincable on the track. Then the drop dead gorgeaous 308's comming to Amreica.Seeing a 512 going faster then anything I had ever seen before in the wide open Western US highways, and all with so much grace, and all with a better sound then anything I have ever heard. Really and truely magical!

ncng
I lived on Beale AFB in 61-64 it was a great place to grow up. Your story is true, the sound is magic.

Last edited by P2164; 01-28-2013 at 06:49 AM.
P2164 is offline  
post #276 of 562 Old 01-28-2013, 07:47 AM
Owner
 
MC355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 979
My story is very similar to most...

The car bug hit me when I was 15-16 years old. I read a ton of car magazines (and still do) and loved Ferraris, something about the history, passion, and mystique surrounding the brand,

Throughout college and med school, I drove a beat up Toyota Camry but always kept my dream alive.

I kept telling myself that " one day I'll get a Ferrari even if I have to live in a cardboard box!"

Well, with hard work, became an ER doc, saved up, and started getting some decent rides....Porsches, Corvettes, a 350z, but like my wife said, I was never car happy...

I recently got a 06 Maserati Gransport, and love her, but it still is not a Ferrrari...although a lot of the Gransport was engineered by Ferrari

Last week, signed all the papers, and now awaiting delivery on a beautiful 1995 F355 Berlinetta. Couldn't be happier....and I didn't have to sell the house and live in a cardboard box!

This definitely won't be my last Ferrari,but like the first for everything, may be the most memorable one of all.

As you can tell I am VERY excited, and the waiting for the delivery date is killing me!

Enjoy pics below!





Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
MC355 is offline  
post #277 of 562 Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Congratulations! Giallo Fly is a great colour for a 355.


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
post #278 of 562 Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Owner
 
MC355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Congratulations! Giallo Fly is a great colour for a 355.


Onno
Thanks! I agree about the color too

Maserati GranTurismo MC - Giallo yellow
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - black with orange accents - wife's car
F355 Berlinetta - Giallo Modena, 6-speed manual, carbon sport seats -recently traded in
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
MC355 is offline  
post #279 of 562 Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Owner
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Ferrari Life Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Congratulations! Giallo Fly is a great colour for a 355.


Onno
+1


cheers,

Bill
Bill is offline  
post #280 of 562 Old 01-28-2013, 11:02 AM
 
karakal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
911s in London seem to be as common as BMWs and Mercedes. A 360 still stands out.
Agreed. The 360 is such a pretty car IMO. The headlights are awesome and I love those big air vents that blend into the car.

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
karakal is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale