328 urban assault - rain !!! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-19-2011, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
328 urban assault - rain !!!

after a subdued ride today in the F1,,,I decided to take a ride up to Marina Del Ray...to meet my friend at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner,,as i accelerated on the 110 N to the 405 N left hand sweeper..through the tunnel...i had to find my way between a couple of cock blockers,,,when i saw my way through,,,i reached 95 MPH,,then all hell broke loose in the azz end as i entered the tunnel..,,this stuff happens on cold P ZEROS,,,i didnt panic,,i lifted for a short second,,once the car settled,,,i was able to get a nice drive through the apex and out of the tunnel...to then merge with the 405 N traffic,,,,after a kick azz rib eye steak dinner,,i went out to where the Ferrari was parked,,,and what do you know,,,it pissed rain for a little while,,,i took full advantage,,and did some nice power slides on my way back to the freeway...at that point,,things dryed up as i got a little further down the freeway,,,once i reached my exit....i decided to take the long way home (thank you Supertramp)..by way of Redondo Beach,,,now ., nice clear skys everywhere,,i made my way back home.and parked the machine in the garage...now,,i need to go jog off that dinner,,,,and then to liston to some 80 s dance music (KLipsch RF 35 Towers driven by a full on kick ass Pioneer SX 1250-yes im an analog guy all the way.ill take mosfet drivers with big heat sinks.. over IC amps any day of the week.., the mid bass, treble and bass shake my entire house at 160 watts per side., no amp necessary - all power in house with the 1250 ) and make believe im in a different time,,,Brett

Last edited by lucca brazzi; 11-19-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
nice write up. but if you where an analog guy you would have a tube amp! listening to mine right now. made it myself and it has an incredible 8 watts per channel. It's really only the first couple that count....

which reminds me. i need to start a stereo thread.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 9 Old 11-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
Yes Ed you do, please commence!

- Brett

-----------------------
Current: 1978 308 GTB (25823)
Past:
Other: 2011 Audi A6 Avant

post #4 of 9 Old 11-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca brazzi View Post
..........,,as i accelerated on the 110 N to the 405 N left hand sweeper..through the tunnel...i had to find my way between a couple of cock blockers,,,when i saw my way through,,,i reached 95 MPH,,then all hell broke loose in the azz end as i entered the tunnel..,,this stuff happens on cold P ZEROS,,,

............,,,i took full advantage,,and did some nice power slides on my way back to the freeway...

,,,Brett

You're a wise, talented and skilled Ferrari driver.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-20-2011, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
nice write up. but if you where an analog guy you would have a tube amp! listening to mine right now. made it myself and it has an incredible 8 watts per channel. It's really only the first couple that count....

which reminds me. i need to start a stereo thread.
hey Ed,,,i heard a while back,,that there were some companies getting back into tube amplification,my thoughts were,that,,it would most likely be a very expensive proposition,!!,,so i didnt bother to look into it !! lol,,,maybe you know of an inexpensive ,do it yourself kit ,,,,Heathkit like...thanks for your reply,Brett , ps this is the system i designed for my friend in CT,KLIPSCH RF 83 TOWERS,PIONEER SX 1280..USING PRE AMP OUTS INTO A PARASOUND HALO A21 CLASS A B AMP ,250 WATTS PER CHANNEL WITH 60 AMPS OF CURRENT,THESE TOWERS HAVE TRIPLE 8 INCH CERAMETALIC DRIVERS WITH AN 8 INCH HORN,WHEN I UPGRADE,,ILL GO WITH THE PARASOUND HALO H MODEL,WITH FOUR HUNDRED WATTS OF POWER PER LEG,,,BEING THAT WHEN I HEARD MY FRIENDS,EVEN THOUGH IT SOUNDED INSANE,THE SPEAKERS COULD BE DRIVEN EVEN HARDER ,THE 83 S TOOK EVERYTHING THE A 21 COULD MUSTER BUT OTHERWISE A GOOD MATCH,THE 83 S ARE RATED AT 250 PER SIDE,BUT THE PEAK ,I BELIEVE IS OVER 800,THATS WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP ,I MIGHT BE OFF,THE RF 83 S WEIGHT 100 POUNDS EACH,THATS ALMOST DOUBLE THE WEIGHT OF MY 35 S
Attached Images

Last edited by lucca brazzi; 11-20-2011 at 02:52 PM.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-20-2011, 02:18 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,340
just out of curiosity, why are your posts formatted that way? very difficult to read with all the commas.

otherwise, nice story, I love the tunnel from the 110 to the 405
post #7 of 9 Old 11-20-2011, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner

hey Chas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
just out of curiosity, why are your posts formatted that way? very difficult to read with all the commas.

otherwise, nice story, I love the tunnel from the 110 to the 405
hey Chas...im not sure why i cant stop with the commas and dots,,i think im trying to make it seem like im talking directly to somebody,,using the dots to indicate like a stop in speach for a second or two, ,or to indicate a lapse in thought !! Lol ., sorry though and thanks for your reply Brett
post #8 of 9 Old 11-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
one comma or period is plenty. having multiple ones annoys your readers. I sometimes fore go reading your posts because of it.anyway, as far as the tube kits go, see my newly started stereo thread:

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/dr...tml#post162614

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 9 Old 11-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
I'm only into car audio....

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode