458 Italia Wrecked.... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-10-2011, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
458 Italia Wrecked....

This 458 Italia was wrecked yesterday in Edinburgh. The pictures below were photographed by people passing by the crash scene.

''The damage is extensive, even the airbags were deployed. According to eye witnesses at the scene, the driver was doing three times the allowed speed limit, which is 30mph. They also stated that a Land Rover was involved in the crash. The owner is a local business owner. The crash happened on the Queensferry Road in the Scottish city in front of a local school.''
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Not good. Hopefully no one was injured.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #3 of 7 Old 11-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Always sad to see such incidents. But then, if the mentioned speeding is true, one cannot help but wonder things like, driver skills, responsibilities, incredible car potentials, on and on. Hope any injuries were not serious. Seems like the car did not burst into flames like the F430 accident several years ago in Southern California killing two passengers. Jimmy

Last edited by Italian Lover; 11-10-2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: addition

post #4 of 7 Old 11-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862

i dont want to sound crass,,,but the driver obviously had no business driving a Ferrari, or anythng else faster than his capability,,Jimmy is absolutely on the money,,when he spoke of driver ability...if your going to drive anything ,,fast,,you better know what your doing,,..especially on the street,, or canyon and mountain roads,,,wet or dry...just my 2 cents,,PS..doesnt the 458 have all the nanny state driver aids,,like traction control and ABS. .probably a stupid remark on my part,,like they would have helped ...PS>.in So Cal, we have more jerkoff drivers per square mile than any other place in the world,,(except for maybe mexico)..,,im constantly having to perform miracles on two and four wheels,(with Devine help of course ),to keep from getting wiped out,,,its the truth...

Last edited by lucca brazzi; 11-11-2011 at 04:45 PM.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca brazzi View Post
i dont want to sound crass,,,but the driver obviously had no business driving a Ferrari, or anythng else faster than his capability,,Jimmy is absolutely on the money,,when he spoke of driver ability...if your going to drive anything ,,fast,,you better know what your doing,,..especially on the street,, or canyon and mountain roads,,,wet or dry...just my 2 cents,,PS..doesnt the 458 have all the nanny state driver aids,,like traction control and ABS. .probably a stupid remark on my part,,like they would have helped ...PS>.in So Cal, we have more jerkoff drivers per square mile than any other place in the world,,(except for maybe mexico)..,,im constantly having to perform miracles on two and four wheels,(with Devine help of course ),to keep from getting wiped out,,,its the truth...
I hear you loud and clear regarding the drivers in LA.

As for the aformentioned all the asistance devices, I think they serve as double-edged sword. What I mean is that the are so sophisticated that the systems allow a driver to control surrealistic power, torque and speed. However, this seems to remove the fear factor and thus diminish the sense of danger warnings, and vice versa the driver get the false sense that he is in control of the machine.

Maybe this sounds silly and unrealistic, but somehow I feel that Ferrari and other so called exotic manufacturers ought to make it mandatory to make buyers take fundamental driving classes to prepare their clients for those unforseen, emergencies. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #6 of 7 Old 11-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Not lovin this kind of story

Going 90 in a 30 means it was residential - the driver is a d*ck!

Owner Sir D*ck ... is lucky that no one died
post #7 of 7 Old 11-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
To quote Randal Raines as “Roger”....there’s too many self-indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money.....”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

~

Mario

P.S. In a school zone.....loser.

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode