2 wheel sliding on the MAXIM X - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 11-10-2011, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
2 wheel sliding on the MAXIM X

whats goin on gentlemen,,today i took out the Yamaha Maxim X around the canyons by my house,,it was a pretty sick and and totally fun burst,,,on the way up to the top,,,unfortunatly i was a few cars behind a Lomita oinker,,so i couldnt get any kind of a drive through any of the bends and couldnt pass the people in front of me,,,but when the oinker pulled into a turn out,,i got to the bottom of the hill turned around and started hauling azz back up the hill,,i was going so quick around the corners riding the machine like a dirt bike,,,i thought i was going to rip the peg brackets off the frame !!..i would have went faster,,,,on a sweeping up hill left hander and on another sweeping constant radius downhill right hander,,,i got both tires to slide simultaneously..i had a smile from ear to ear,,keep in mind its been a long time since i pushed the limit on this bike on that canyon,,,but everything felt good,,,this machine has a 700cc water cooled DOHC 5 valve head motor,,and you must keep it on the boil in order to get high corner speeds,,after coming down the hill,,,its a couple of miles to portugees bend,,,were there are two loop dee doos that if your going fast enough,,you can catch air,,,which i absolutely did,,,i floated the front end about 2 feet off the pavement,,Isle of Man style,,LOL,,!!,,a couple of more miles,,,you come to a blind up hill off camber left hander,,,which i absolutley flew around,,,getting the back tire to slide as tire adhesion was at a minimum,,,as I came through the apex,,some licky in an suv,,was stopped to make a left hand turn,,,,as i came through ., his eyes popped open and his jaw dropped LOL,,,,!!!...today i felt like a pro,,i have been carviing that canyon for 11 years on 2 and four wheels,,,and im lucky its in my back yard...now ill be on the ZLs and the 1300...riding much more casual,,,being that i got it out of my system,,,Brett
Attached Images

Last edited by lucca brazzi; 11-10-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
That sounds GREAT, Brett. The closest thing to that under my belt was back in the teenager days with my bicycle !!! Well, hardly close, but you get the idea. I still remember fondly when I lost balance and got smashed on the tarmac. I recall I was motionless for some time with scars and bruises all over. w/ smiles Jimmy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode