Hublot is Ferrari's new official watch sponsors - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-09-2011, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 34
Hublot is Ferrari's new official watch sponsors

Just thought I'd share this new post by my company's blogger for those who hadn't heard: Hublot and Ferrari Announce Exclusive Partnership. (I work for a watch/jewelry store).

I just saw some GP Ferrari piece in the watch thread and I'm sure there are Panerai Ferrari watch owners on here.They already sponsor F1 and have a bunch of big pieces out for them. Would seeing one as a new dash clock be a bit much? Hublot gets a lot of love/hate in the watch world so I'd love to here any opinions from the Ferrari side and any watch collectors on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanl View Post
Just thought I'd share this new post by my company's blogger for those who hadn't heard: Hublot and Ferrari Announce Exclusive Partnership. (I work for a watch/jewelry store).

I just saw some GP Ferrari piece in the watch thread and I'm sure there are Panerai Ferrari watch owners on here.They already sponsor F1 and have a bunch of big pieces out for them. Would seeing one as a new dash clock be a bit much? Hublot gets a lot of love/hate in the watch world so I'd love to here any opinions from the Ferrari side and any watch collectors on here.
Wow - was waiting to see who picked it up.

I own two Panerai's one of which wears the Ferrari logo.

C'mon let's see some goods

Congratulations assuming you are a Hublot dealer.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanl View Post

Hi Ryanl, a good new. Too bad at the recent Ferrari Challenge final Luca di Montezemolo went to shake hands with Hublot's representative, on the racetrack, in front of all the journalists, with a watch from a different brand ! Hublot's representative picked it immediatly. Montezemolo, visibly embarassed, took away the watch before the official pics. I admired the style of Hublot's representative who said "well it is a great watch anyway..."

Here the official pic after the 'offending' watch was removed from Montezemolo's wrist.

As I said in other threads, Montezemolo is far less bright than he can appear...

ciao
Mauro
Attached Images

Last edited by maurodev; 11-09-2011 at 11:05 PM.

post #4 of 8 Old 11-10-2011, 03:37 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurodev View Post
Hi Ryanl, a good new. Too bad at the recent Ferrari Challenge final Luca di Montezemolo went to shake hands with Hublot's representative, on the racetrack, in front of all the journalists, with a watch from a different brand ! Hublot's representative picked it immediatly. Montezemolo, visibly embarassed, took away the watch before the official pics. I admired the style of Hublot's representative who said "well it is a great watch anyway..."

Here the official pic after the 'offending' watch was removed from Montezemolo's wrist.

As I said in other threads, Montezemolo is far less bright than he can appear...

ciao
Mauro
Naive / Arrogant ... no need to stop at dim given the situation.

Flip side - Hublot should have had a watch to place on the wrist of Montezemolo the day of a PR announcement.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-10-2011, 04:30 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Marc Biver the Swiss head of Hublot really turned that almost broke company around in the late 90's/early '00. He made a fortune with it and great he did so. I'm wearing a Hublot since 21 years, a "cheap" one but never had any issues with it, very good quality, even the cautchuk straps don't dry out
post #6 of 8 Old 11-12-2011, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Hublot with Biver in charge have made so many big moves marketing-wise, it doesn't seem like many who follow the watch industry were that surprized by this. Considering the size of this deal, i hope they have plans for a new model, not just limited editions of their big bang.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
When Bernie was beat up, his watch was stolen and he made a comment that it wasn't worth the trouble. Hublot asked Bernie to pose with the black eye for their watch company in an ad, and Bernie abliged (Bernie's Hublot was a watch worth fighting for). The next thing you know, Hublot became the official watch of F1, and now they sponsor Ferrari.

Last edited by Neonzapper; 11-13-2011 at 10:26 AM.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-15-2011, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

I do remember when he got that black eye and that print ad. completely forgot it was for Hublot. probably cause he black-eye took all the attention away from the (more likely than not) completely blacked-out big bang that was on the page lol.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode