not this sh!t again - Ferrari Life
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
not this sh!t again

Flife Makes Me Sad - FerrariChat.com

been a while since I've seen an ole us vs. them thread.

Perception is one thing... and I get that when people don't have all the facts as to why things are the way they are... that it's easy to have a mis-informed opinion. Its funny though that all that ultimately matters is size and number of clicks.... no discussion as to quality... or the fact that most of the people that were there left for one reason or another. Anyway... discuss if you wish.... or not.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
not worth the time of day to give some cred to that post on FC.

What I found interesting in the OP's post is his ability to now post the reference to this site!!! that was NEVER the case on Fchat before....it would always get "***"

I could easily answer that non-owners have no problem here and welcomed and use the same arguments OP posted against FC from this site, but to what end?

I LOVE IT here and it's getting better--well done Andrew.

Although, FC gets diss'd here more than anywhere I feel this stupid war of such needs to just chill, but will likely continue as is the way of the intertubes.

Honestly, after no Taz, MK_E or Rifledriver on that site, not to mention THEY MOVED THE REAR_ENDS Section to subscribbed, means I truly have no daily need to go to FC.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Last edited by Granucci; 10-24-2011 at 01:09 PM.
post #3 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
There are some good guys over there and it's too bad they don't spend time here - IMO it's their loss.

Ferrari Chat is set up for a chat room experience.

FLife is more of a club - way of life.

I have enjoyed FLife far more than my time at F-chat.

Gotta take a lil dig

The top brass over there is as F*'d up as Obama's checkbook and if those minions can handle that - enjoy

Glassmans post references my thread. If he would have read it there were about 10 - 15 of
F-chat's finest that posted in that thread and 90% are now posting here regularly. Speaks volumes of the delusional Ole Boy's Club over there.

Last edited by champagne612; 10-24-2011 at 10:23 AM.

post #4 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Pretty funny stuff. whatever. for all you f-chat folks looking in let me say it one more time-nobody here doesn't like the members at f-chat as a group. Hell, we are all former/current f-chat members ourselves. We don't like rob lay and his minions. Nothing to do with the members. I loved it over there, had over 10k posts. just couldn't take the snarky keyboard cowboy mods that have NO involvement with the actual car show/coffee going ferrari owners. So i left. On my terms. Look at the mid atlantic mods. nobody likes them, they participate in zero car events and the current one lost his ferrari through dubious circumstances. Some mods.

i challenge the op over there to quote one snobby thing said on this board towards non owners. we accept them with open arms, go check the introduction section. we take pride in the fact that we have a much higher percentage of owners and ACTIVE car guys than f-chat. if he can quote one that is actually serious, i will post 100 from f-chat.

just sitting here in the everglades waiting for a truck to drive by.......

we are very patient. it might take awhile, but this will surpass f-chat in quality, not quantity. Quantity being rob lays only yardstick.

i see the op over there is unsubscribed. i hate to tell someone to pay for robs lifestyle, so maybe he can do what i do and get someone who has already paid give him access to the paid section and he can see how rob and his high school cheerleading group talks about the members behind their backs. he might change his mind then. With only 53 posts, he hasn't been broken in(down?) yet. Good luck!

ferrarilife rules!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,094
Different strokes for different folks.
I guess our strokes are not suitable for some of those folks?
post #6 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Owner
Elite Member

just checked the kid out. been on the other forum for a year with 53 posts. chases 458's down in his "dad's new BMW Z4 sDrive35is" then offers them a tank of gas for a ride. definite Fchat material. he probably came over here and asked what we do for a living........that will bring out the best in people.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
There are some good guys over there and it's too bad they don't spend time here - IMO it's their loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
Pretty funny stuff. whatever. for all you f-chat folks looking in let me say it one more time-nobody here doesn't like the members at f-chat as a group. Hell, we are all former/current f-chat members ourselves. We don't like rob lay and his minions. Nothing to do with the members.

ferrarilife rules!!!
Well said both of you!

post #8 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
Let it go Jim, it's not worth the extra electrons.

This week's avatar and my signature block...says it all.

Their loss = our gain.

BTW, who's the "snob" on this forum?! WTF?

Attached Images

Last edited by 360 Modena; 10-24-2011 at 01:32 PM.
post #9 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 111
I noticed the FChat thread a couple of days ago and got a mild chuckle out of it. What surprised me was how much bashing of FLife was sent this way. I find that rather childish and puzzling.

I'm not much of a frequent poster on any forum and only post when I feel I can contribute something worthwhile. However, I find the demeanor here much more likable. I posted a few times on FChat before vowing to not participate with those folks. There are many decent FChat members but this site seems more friendly and accepting. If you go over there and read my "exit" post (under the same name as here) you'll see why I left.

Cheers.

Last edited by David993s; 10-24-2011 at 02:09 PM.
post #10 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcheta View Post
Well said both of you!
Thanks JB

I was very fortunate ... almost (cough Randy Scott wimps) every member in the St Louis section came over here and posts frequently along with other valued friends.

Would I like to hear and read posts from the following

Jedi Kai Jerry Bob Stephanie Carbon Chris Jim-G Agup Gretchen Ryan Shamille Blampee Hubster Scott and his donkey and many others especially whom I met in Vegas - heck yeah ... but the flip side is FLife's members kick ass too!

Almost all the ones that didn't slide over are my friends on fb so it's all good
post #11 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
Quote:
EFA

It would be sad if it wasn't so funny...how the F**k can a forum make you sad?? If you're life is that desperate that an internet forum makes you 'sad', than dude you need to get laid! Cos otherwise you are just a 'saddo'. FFS guy is in college - last thing you want to be doing is spending you're time in front of a computer having wet dreams about Ferraris, 'Brands' and 'Virtual homes' (WTF!) when there are so many interesting things going on in the real world like college girls!! Okay I am gonna stop there...

post #12 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Owner

yeah...... I had to click saddo too for the definition....

post #13 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
yeah...... I had to click saddo too for the definition....
Local colloquialism! Did you click the top link?

post #14 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1fosI View Post
Local colloquialism! Did you click the top link?

yeah..... and I shot beer out my nose for my trouble too.... thanks!

post #15 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
yeah..... and I shot beer out my nose for my trouble too.... thanks!
Nice!

post #16 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Owner

2nd thought ... I just don't care

Last edited by champagne612; 10-24-2011 at 05:33 PM.
post #17 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Owner
Elite Member

did granucci write that for you? i don't understand a freakin word.

post #18 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
hey! I make sense once in a while .

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #19 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
It has nothing to do with non-owners. Most there aren’t and most mods too. It’s worst for members as I experienced there at Fchat. I was treated like garbage after showing my S#, posting pics and other threads for help on issues with pictures of my issues (mechanical/electrical) and still I was told to prove I was an owner and had to get vouched for by 3 owners there who will never meet me let alone live in my Province (State for you rednecks...LOL) or country.

It has nothing to do with snobbery on either side of the fence....on Fchat it’s about jealousy. I lost all my friends because I bought my 348; they said I was no longer in “their class of people” because I was now a Ferrari owner. My neighbours stopped talking to me instantly... minutes after driving in the driveway. When I'm outside cutting the grass they would come out and talk, shoot the shit and sometimes bring a beer. I couldn’t go outside without one of my retired neighbour coming to talk because they were bored or curious what I was doing. The minute I bought the car, I saw them looking from their windows because my car is loud and they ignored me for 2-3 months. I’m still the same guy besides one thing; I reached another one of my dream goals at 37. Well, I’m still an asshole but hey, they used to talk to me before the car so....hahahaha!!!!!!!

Here at FLife I was accepted years before I became an owner and treated like one of the gang. There, it’s like a street gang, they all have to gang up on you and beat you up to see how strong you can push back to make themselves feel better, but you can only do this if others have said “I vouch for him, he really owns an Fcar” then you get a beating and push back. Then you should be ok for the most part after being banned for a week or two as a second initiation.

Besides all the good technical posts, Fchat is all about kissing ass for the ones that run the site or for the teacher’s pets. It’s sad that someone who has less than 60 posts thinks this of FLife and doesn’t know the history and background of the conversations and abuse. I had a private conversation and it was taken, modified and posted on a private forum where I was beaten, insulted and could not defend myself for all others who didn’t know me to trashed me. But these are the people who I had to kiss ass to get vouched for to be in an owners section WTF?!?!?!

Now the ones who posted intelligent replies on this specific thread on FChat...where were they when I was being trashed, when I was being treated like shit and seriously insulted like I got their 18 year old daughter AND their wife pregnant in a 3some???? I didn’t even receive an email in support from anyone... that was weak. So it could mean that Fchat are the righteous men and I am the shepherd and it’s FLife that is evil and selfish. But that shit ain’t the truth, the truth is they are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men. But I’m trying Andrew, and I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.....HAHAHAHA

~

Mario "AKA Thread Killer"

P.S. the serial number below in my signature is all BS, my avatar is my Ferrari Fiero 286

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari

Last edited by Magnum6464; 10-25-2011 at 07:48 AM.
post #20 of 46 Old 10-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
BTW, who's the "snob" on this forum?! WTF?

I'll admit it Al, I'm a Snob.

I only hang with the best Ferrari Forum.

F-Snob and proud of it.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode