My first drive!!!! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 Old 10-10-2011, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 167
My first drive!!!!

Well, I am home on leave from Afghanistan and I took my first trip in my 348 Spider. I went to Branson, MO. which is about 300 miles from my house. There is no direct route to Branson so I had to take back roads to get there. I really didn't know what to expect with the route I took but I was happy to find out it was 300 solid miles of corners !!! I was grinning from ear to ear for the entire trip there and back. This was a very spirited drive and I can't begin to explain how much fun I actually had, but I'm sure most of you know what I am talking about. I have driven faster cars before but there is nothing that compares to the handling, the sound and sheer joy of driving a Ferrari. I have a Nouvalari exhaust and no cats so the sound from behind my head was amazing. I don't think I could have picked out better roads for my first trip, there were no police (none at all) and very few cars on the road to get in my way and slow me down. I just got home and just wanted to write something down while I was still smiling from ear to ear!!! I can honestly say that buying this car was the best decision I could have made. I can not think of a better way to spend my leave than behind the wheel of a Ferrari... Now it's time to plan my next adventure!!!!:steeri ngwheel:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 10-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Good on you Greg!!

A drive like that stays in your body and sooths your soul for a long time.

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #3 of 47 Old 10-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
600 miles on your first drive! not bad. don't think i have ever done 600 miles in mine. your trip to branson reminded me of a weekend i spent in louisville with the owner of the branson collector car auction, jim cox. Threw me the keys to his black 550 maranello (sorry ken). great guy.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 47 Old 10-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 226
I'm sure most of you know what I am talking about.

We sure do !

I'm always looking for those back roads....

keep driving and enjoying !

Bill
post #5 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,338
Way to go Kurby! When Celeste and I got the Spider, we drove until we ran out of daylight. We still talk about it a year later.

Enjoy!
post #6 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 244
I love reading about these experiences. I will never forget my first drive but reading about your experience just adds fuel to the fire. Very special. Enjoy!!
post #7 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 06:09 AM
FBI
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 310
Great first drive Greg! Love those drives and the smiles they bring along with them. We had a good run on the weekend with a lot of twisty's too what a great time. Check out the Alberta thread for some pics. Did you take any pic's along the way?

Cheers

"if everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough."
mario andretti
post #8 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Excellent report Greg. First of many memorable adventures I hope.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #9 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1fanforlife View Post
I love reading about these experiences. I will never forget my first drive but reading about your experience just adds fuel to the fire. Very special. Enjoy!!
+1 !

Great write up ! There's nothing like being in cars like these, it's another rhelm.

Congrats and thanks !
post #10 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Well, it's a new day and I am still smiling and thinking about where to go next... Here are a few pics that I took along the way. We stayed in a nice little cabin in Branson with a very tricky driveway. When I first got there I thought we would have to park on the street because I was afraid of leaving half the car in the driveway, but I figured out the angle and made it just fine. It was amazing when how many people swarmed the car when I stopped for gas in these small towns. It was actually pretty cool, and the kids (around 16) that pulled in and talked to me were quite respectful and very nice to talk to. The last gas station was in a really small town and I had about 7 kids there talking to me and when I revved the engine for them one of the kids just about had a heart attack (I guess he didn't think it would be so loud). It was late at night and dark so when I left I made sure they could hear me for at least a one mile stomp on the gas echoing through the hills!!! To come from Afghanistan with IED's and rockets and only watching youtube videos of these cars, to actually driving my own is an experience I will never forget. I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!
Attached Images

post #11 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby69 View Post
I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!
Says it all. Congrats on the great car, enjoy the heck out of it.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: 550 Maranello
Present: None
Past: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello,
365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #12 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,338
I like the 360 wheels, they go well with the 348.
post #13 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
how many people post that after they get their new porsche?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #14 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
+1. they do look well

The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #15 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
how many people post that after they get their new porsche?
Good point Ed!

post #16 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Good point Ed!
+1

Greg, it reminds me of my first ride in my first Ferrari from Madrid to Alicante. It's 440km but I "happened" to make it quite a bit more. I took off friday after work. It was autumn and it soon got cold at night on the highlands and the heat was dialled in on maximum power but it was freezing cold inside. It turned out that in all excitement I had missed that the heating/AC cancelling button was activated, silly me! Any little noise or sound made me paranoid thinking something was going to pieces.

Eventually when the heating was up and running I finnally started to relax and breath by breath I was consumed by the inexplicable charisma of my sweet red Ferrari. It all came together like clockwork and petrol soon started turning itself into noise in a way that would send Al Gore into a major fit. I was sooo happy! Fact is, I never really came down from that high.

Enjoy your next ride, Greg! It is yours and it was meant to be!

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #17 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Good point Ed!
Yes it is.

Glad you had a great time.
post #18 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 78
Sounds great - enjoy
post #19 of 47 Old 10-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 166
Quote:
Well, it's a new day and I am still smiling and thinking about where to go next... Here are a few pics that I took along the way. We stayed in a nice little cabin in Branson with a very tricky driveway. When I first got there I thought we would have to park on the street because I was afraid of leaving half the car in the driveway, but I figured out the angle and made it just fine. It was amazing when how many people swarmed the car when I stopped for gas in these small towns. It was actually pretty cool, and the kids (around 16) that pulled in and talked to me were quite respectful and very nice to talk to. The last gas station was in a really small town and I had about 7 kids there talking to me and when I revved the engine for them one of the kids just about had a heart attack (I guess he didn't think it would be so loud). It was late at night and dark so when I left I made sure they could hear me for at least a one mile stomp on the gas echoing through the hills!!! To come from Afghanistan with IED's and rockets and only watching youtube videos of these cars, to actually driving my own is an experience I will never forget. I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Says it all. Congrats on the great car, enjoy the heck out of it.

Onno

I was viewing from my iPhone and didn't see the photos ! THESE TWO ARE GREAT !

Is this a 1/2 year, I notice the red on the bottom, makes the car so much more beautiful. The 348 TS 1/2 year that was in my garage had Rossa Corsa on the bottom and I loved that design part. Great car !

Quote:

"I Love My Life" ! I love reading and hearing that, that's the best.

The GTS Rosso Corsa and tan , from Sport Auto. Looking for a manual 360 Modena.
Past Ferraris:
1989 Mondial Cabriolet - Nero/Tan,
1994 348 TS
post #20 of 47 Old 10-12-2011, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post

The car is a 95' and one of the things I like best about the car is the 360 rims. Well, maybe I like the Nouvalari De-Catted Exhuast best. I think if more people were able to get into these cars and take a real drive we would see more of them on the road, there is nothing like driving a Ferrari and I am hooked for life! There will never be a time when a Ferrari is not in my stable...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode