328 Back in the saddle - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-30-2011, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
328 Back in the saddle

got the 328 back from the shop yesterday...gas tank gauge float fixed,,,new trunk molding,,all injectors and fuel lines checked,,and some re routed,,,motor mounts tightened clutch adjusted,(,,longer reach to the pedal,,,more leg room,,but i have to get used to it,),and small oil leak,,from valve cover,( it looked to me like a cam seal when i was under the car ) oil leak was fixed under warrenty,,,i still want to check from underneath after my next drive,,took the car to burbank for my audition yesterday,,,didnt smell any oil burning,,but it was a pin drop size leak,,so im gonna check it myself,,after my next drive,,,no drips on garage floor...Brett
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
Brett- Looks really nice. Sometimes those really small leaks can be sealed with just a dab of silicone sealer after a thorough cleaning. If it holds, good, if not...

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-30-2011, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Hey taz

thank you sir,your a really nice fellow Taz..,,ill give that a try,,,Craig..my guy at Fast Cars.,said the mechanic...lifted the valve cover,,and re-sealed it...i hope so,,,,these guys have been pretty good,,,im just not sure how far they are willing to go when it comes to warrenty work,,,last night,,and tonight,,i was able to check most of both valve cover bolts (i was able to get a bite on all but 2 at the cylinder closest to the back)..and i did find a few that needed a little snugging,,,i dont have any torque tools,,i just snugged them up by feel.,.im not sure if the mechanic didnt check them all..but i was happy i was able to do some....self satisfaction checking and tightening,,,i did the same thing a while back,,with the oil pan bolts,,,and most did need to be torqued down a bit...im very limited when it comes to fixing bikes and cars,,but sometimes i do suprise myself,,and take my time...if i can fix some things myself,,i would,,rather than to get my shop aggravated with me,,by questioning them about everything..its hard out here to find trustworthy competent techs.,.next time i drive it,,ill get back under the car and check things,,,thanks Brett

post #4 of 7 Old 09-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 573
When will you find out if you made the show?
post #5 of 7 Old 09-30-2011, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Owner

hey Rick

hey Mr. Rick....at the audition,,they took pics of my car,.as well as guiding my on what they wanted me to talk about on camera,,,now,,,you know im a pretty colorfull...sometimes.,off color fellow...lol,,but for some reason,,,i got really nervous,,and some sentences didnt come out the way i would have liked,,,but i did the best i could,,and they told me,, i defienetly passed their test...and that they were sending the video to the producer,,,i had to go back up to their office,,and fill out a bunch more paper work....in order to be able to be put on the show,,i did dress good for the appoinment..the way i think it goes,,is that...thursdays video inteview,,,doesnt go on the show,its only to show the producer...and to get his yes/no,,,so i might me able to actually do better on camera...once they decide to put me in an episode..,,if i get picked....if i dont,,it definetly wont be because of the car,!!,.,,thanks for asking,,,Brett
post #6 of 7 Old 10-01-2011, 04:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca brazzi View Post
hey Mr. Rick....at the audition,,they took pics of my car,.as well as guiding my on what they wanted me to talk about on camera,,,now,,,you know im a pretty colorfull...sometimes.,off color fellow...lol,,but for some reason,,,i got really nervous,,and some sentences didnt come out the way i would have liked,,,but i did the best i could,,and they told me,, i defienetly passed their test...and that they were sending the video to the producer,,,i had to go back up to their office,,and fill out a bunch more paper work....in order to be able to be put on the show,,i did dress good for the appoinment..the way i think it goes,,is that...thursdays video inteview,,,doesnt go on the show,its only to show the producer...and to get his yes/no,,,so i might me able to actually do better on camera...once they decide to put me in an episode..,,if i get picked....if i dont,,it definetly wont be because of the car,!!,.,,thanks for asking,,,Brett
Good Luck!

post #7 of 7 Old 10-01-2011, 06:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca brazzi View Post
Very cool, Brett! Best of luck!!

How did you apply for the audition - did you have an "in" with someone on the show? I think it'd be fun to give it a shot.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode