430's Lonely - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-27-2011, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
CV-4606's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA- NC
Ferrari Life Posts: 78
430's Lonely

Looking at a 09 Scud at a Conn. dealership. Now is the time to have the best of BOTH worlds. Does anyone know of a
TRUSTWORTHY individual who can perform a ppi on this car. Trust very important as I am unable to travel to see car in person. Don't the dealers know most of these guys? How do I know I'm getting the real skinny on this car? My 430 was a private deal. PPI guy was very good. Can't use him for conn. deal. Too far to travel.
CV-4606 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 09-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
That's quick. How long have you had the 430? Bitten by the bug big time....

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 09-27-2011, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
CV-4606's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA- NC
Ferrari Life Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
That's quick. How long have you had the 430? Bitten by the bug big time....
10 days. Keeping 430
CV-4606 is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old 09-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by CV-4606 View Post
10 days. Keeping 430
I'm thinking that's some kind of record. 10 days ownership and you're back in the market. Kinda like having an affair on your honeymoon.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 09-27-2011, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
CV-4606's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA- NC
Ferrari Life Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
I'm thinking that's some kind of record. 10 days ownership and you're back in the market. Kinda like having an affair on your honeymoon.
I've had my appitizer--Now it's time for the main course.
CV-4606 is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 09-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
wetpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chevy Chase, Md
Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
bet you can if you want, i know mechanics that have been sent around the world to look at cars.... sorry, don't know anyone in conn though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV-4606 View Post
Can't use him for conn. deal. Too far to travel.


100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
wetpet is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 09-27-2011, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
CV-4606's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA- NC
Ferrari Life Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
bet you can if you want, i know mechanics that have been sent around the world to look at cars.... sorry, don't know anyone in conn though.
He won't go there. He's in Fl. Too expensive. Must be a good insp. in Ferrari Land-Greenwich Conn.
CV-4606 is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 09-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Owner
 
Saint Bastage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Essex Connecticut
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Miller motors is a very reputable dealer. I'd personally trust them to do a PPI on a car in there inventory provided they could back it up with a warrantee. If you need another set of eyes, I'd suggest Blackhorse garage in Bridgeport CT, Redline Restorations in Fairfield CT, Forza in New Milford CT or maybe Wayne Carini at F40 motorsports. Like you say, they all know one another.

You might also consider Jim McGee at Pocono Sportscar. Not sure he could comply but he's a very good independent that's further away, Ferrari trained and a great guy.

All these shops have websites you can peruse. I use Jimmy as I trust him the most with my car and his pricing is more to my liking.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

Last edited by Saint Bastage; 09-27-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Saint Bastage is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 09-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Owner
 
champagne612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St Louis
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Keep up posted ... Happy Scud hunting
champagne612 is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 09-27-2011, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
CV-4606's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA- NC
Ferrari Life Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
Miller motors is a very reputable dealer. I'd personally trust them to do a PPI on a car in there inventory provided they could back it up with a warrantee. If you need another set of eyes, I'd suggest Blackhorse garage in Bridgeport CT, Redline Restorations in Fairfield CT, Forza in New Milford CT or maybe Wayne Carini at F40 motorsports. Like you say, they all know one another.

You might also consider Jim McGee at Pocono Sportscar. Not sure he could comply but he's a very good independent that's further away, Ferrari trained and a great guy.

All these shops have websites you can peruse. I use Jimmy as I trust him the most with my car and his pricing is more to my liking.
Thanks for your response-
You trust Miller Motors to do a PPI on a car they are selling? Power Warranty is available. Sounds like the fox is watching the hen house. Sorry for my doubts. That's me I suppose. Thanks for the other referrarals. I will be in touch with them.

Regards-CV
CV-4606 is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 09-27-2011, 07:42 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Ferrari Life Posts: 5
i use to live in connecticut..i would say try wayne carinni at f40 motorsport or bill pollard at sport auto in gallordsville ct ..he works closely with pete sweeney at forza ..both nice guys
bellisimo is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 09-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Owner
 
djbils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Adelaide
Ferrari Life Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CV-4606 View Post
Looking at a 09 Scud at a Conn. dealership. Now is the time to have the best of BOTH worlds. Does anyone know of a
TRUSTWORTHY individual who can perform a ppi on this car. Trust very important as I am unable to travel to see car in person. Don't the dealers know most of these guys? How do I know I'm getting the real skinny on this car? My 430 was a private deal. PPI guy was very good. Can't use him for conn. deal. Too far to travel.
Scud will be great but what about a complementary ride? A 12cylinder GT (599) or a 2+2 (FF or 612)?

Current: 348 GT Competizione, 456 GT (Manual)

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.
Gilles Villeneuve
djbils is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale