Stuck In NJ - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-17-2011, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 78
Stuck In NJ

My two day old 430 is home in NC and I'm stuck in NJ at a wedding. I never NOT wanted to be in any one place in my life. The up side of it all is that it's raining in NC. Of coarse I still could look at it and fool with it and polish it and talk to her. I do have a pic on my iphone that I look at every 30 min but it's just not the same. Be home tomorrow - sunny 70 degrees perfect for a short ride. I think I'm losing it. Be in touch......

PS- No name yet, maybe Sophia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
CV- Has to be Sophia or Gina for a beautiful Italian lady. Sophia is appropriate if you have ever seen Boy on a Dolphin.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
CV, no you have not lost it, just normal symptoms of someone infected by the Ferrari virus. Nothing to worry.
Sophia is nice, but for a 430, maybe a bit more modern name is befitting.
w/ smiles Jimmy

post #4 of 6 Old 09-18-2011, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 78
Man- finally back home in NC.The drive on the north east corridor i95 has to be the worst. I've done it so many times I think I could do it blind folded. Anyway it's good to be back home. My nieces's wedding was very beautiful and I got to see some family I haven't seen in quite awhile. The weather here hasn't been good the last few days so the car really did not miss any road time. I noticed a smell in my garage that I never had before getting the 430. When I opened the door to the garage it smelled Like a FERRARI in my garage. I'm not kidding. The car from being in a closed 3 car garage for over two days has given off an aroma unlike anything I have ever smelled. I could be blind folded for the rest of my days and could tell there is a Ferrari within ten feet of me. I sat in the car, started it, and all was right in the world again. It truly is an amazing feeling that I hope never leaves me.
For those of you reading my last few posts you know that I just took delivery of a 2007 430 F1. Needless to say my life has changed since Thursday afternoon. You understand I'm sure. Yet, on my recent trip up to the northeast in the last 2 days I could not bring myself to show one person a picture of my new car. I don't know if it was because I thought they might think I was bragging or showing off or what. I just did not feel comfortable displaying my new car. Has anyone here felt at all uncomfortable in owning up to the fact that they own a Ferrari. Or maybe even several. Curious.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by CV-4606 View Post
Has anyone here felt at all uncomfortable in owning up to the fact that they own a Ferrari. Or maybe even several. Curious.
You're not alone CV, I suspect like many of us. I don't generally tell people I have the Spider. It's just no a topic that comes up in ususal conversation. Of course, I remind MYSELF about once an hour....
post #6 of 6 Old 09-19-2011, 12:19 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
You're not alone CV, I suspect like many of us. I don't generally tell people I have the Spider. It's just no a topic that comes up in ususal conversation. Of course, I remind MYSELF about once an hour....
I'm similar. I've never taken it to work (I employ approx 30 staff), mainly because I feel it would be a little insensitive given the current economic situation Ireland is in, which we are feeling in my business (though thankfully not as badly as some others).

That said, I would never ever deny my ownership if asked and all of my family, friends, neighbours and general community where I live are well aware of the loud red car!

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode