Finally- Got MY 430 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 78
Finally- Got MY 430

I have been waiting my whole life to own this car. It has finally happened. After much searching (2 yrs) I found the right color, the right #of owners (2) and pretty much the way I would have orderred it. Pretty basic car but what I wanted. Lets see if I can do Pics-

I'll be driving it for the next 3 days non stop

2400 Miles-2 owners-I'm the third. First owner 550 miles, second owner 1700 miles. As far as I'm concerned I'm the last owner. lol -The car is so perfect in every way that I'm considerring myself the ONLY owner of this car. 2007- F430 F1 All books, cover, keys, orrig window sticker, build sheet from Ferrari and all service records. The car is flawless and my inspector who did my ppi said it's one of the cleanest examples he has ever seen being 4 years old. forgetaboutit- I'm outa here. I'll keep you all posted. Picking my son up at school. He hasn't a clue.

Last edited by CV-4606; 09-15-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Congratulations

Enjoy many miles with smiles

Nothing basic about a Ferrari 430 in red ... may want to place a towel or two down in the passengers seat before you send the tach to 8 grand
post #3 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 642
Congrats

- Brett

-----------------------
Current: 1978 308 GTB (25823)
Past:
Other: 2011 Audi A6 Avant

post #4 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Congrats CV. Magnificent car. Enjoy in good health!

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #5 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Congratulations

Enjoy many miles with smiles

Nothing basic about a Ferrari 430 in red ... may want to place a towel or two down in the passengers seat before you send the tach to 8 grand
Well, what I mean is very little carbon fibre, basic seats, do have the badges though, brakes and radio don't know if i'll use radio. Love that sound. Closed the garage door and fired it up. Thought I would shatter the windows. can't keep the neighbors away. The delivery truck came when the school bus was dropping off and created quite a stir with the lift and all the manuvering to get close to my house. WHAT'S IN THE TRUCK, WHAT'S IN THE TRUCK. The guys are getting the news from their kids and visiting me in packs. Almost out of beer. Have to get more soon. Gave it a quick detail with a carnuba spray I have and I swear you'd think you could dip your hand into the color. Fantastic !!!
Gotta go and look at it and pass the towel over it. I think I saw a speck of dust on the driver side rocker panel. Oh and its got a Ventureshield front clear bra you CAN NOT see. Not like the 3m with orange peel.
post #6 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
CV, congrats on the 430. Great car.
post #7 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV-4606 View Post
Well, what I mean is very little carbon fibre, basic seats, do have the badges though, brakes and radio don't know if i'll use radio. Love that sound. Closed the garage door and fired it up. Thought I would shatter the windows. can't keep the neighbors away. The delivery truck came when the school bus was dropping off and created quite a stir with the lift and all the manuvering to get close to my house. WHAT'S IN THE TRUCK, WHAT'S IN THE TRUCK. The guys are getting the news from their kids and visiting me in packs. Almost out of beer. Have to get more soon. Gave it a quick detail with a carnuba spray I have and I swear you'd think you could dip your hand into the color. Fantastic !!!
Gotta go and look at it and pass the towel over it. I think I saw a speck of dust on the driver side rocker panel. Oh and its got a Ventureshield front clear bra you CAN NOT see. Not like the 3m with orange peel.
You crack me up!

Sorry to hear how bummed you are about the whole experience - LOL

Ferrari's are built for guys like you ... enjoy the beer run
post #8 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 244
Congrats. Beautiful car. Love reading about your experience and excitement. Brings back the memories of the day I received mine. Enjoy and have many safe miles.
post #9 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by CV-4606 View Post
Love it. I remember that feeling. I'm not sure any Ferrari can ever beat a 'first' Ferrari for the sheer excitement factor. Enjoy

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #10 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
CV- She is a beauty. i love those OEM wheels. Cannot see well enough to see if she has CCMs. Enjoy driving her.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #11 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #12 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 04:29 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 37
Congrats!

So jealous - you found a real cherry there! I have similar hopes in getting a nice 360 someday, but for now it's vaporware.
post #13 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,337
CV,

Congrats, she looks absolutely perfect.

I've had my Spider for one year this month. Your description sounds just like I felt driving her today! The feeling hasn't diminished one iota.

Enjoy!
post #14 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Just got home about 1 hour ago. To my surprise there was not alot road grit on the car. Some at the rear. Have been driving off and on for about 3 hrs. I took the Cali Duster to it and it looks like it just rolled off the line. I stopped for gas since there was only 1/2 tank on delivery and I swear the lookers were like ants on a piece of candy. I had to get some Pepsi but was afraid to leave it for 5 min for fear of I don't know. I'll get the Pepsi tomorrow in the dd. i just came in from the garage where I've been for the last hour and I think I must have walked around the car 300 times. There is NOT one ding, scratch or blemish on this car. So anything that I see in the future will be on me. I like it that way. The only problem I see is how in the hell to clean the inside of the windshield without dislocating my shoulder. I'll figure it out. looks like the best way is do the whole thing from the passenger side and just contort a little. There is a short tunnel about 5 min from my house under a park for about 150 yards. Down shifting from 3rd to 2nd and back to 3rd halfway through the tunnel is the MOST UNBELIEVABLE sound I have ever heard. I did it 4 times and swear I could see people looking out their windows to see what the racket was. Tomorrow I'm doing it again. Only this time it will be from 2nd to 1st and back to 2nd. Hope I don't fracture the cement in the tunnel. Well that's it for now. I'll keep you all posted on my ownership experience and I'm sure I can pick up some valuable info on this site. You all see seem dedicated to the Ferrari experience and a group of good people to get to know. Hey who's going to PB Cavalino in January?
post #15 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Owner

[QUOTE=CV-4606;151061 Hey who's going to PB Cavalino in January?[/QUOTE]

There is a thread on Cavalino - we need to bring it back to life.

I would be willing to bet your sitting in the 430 reading the owners manual
post #16 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Thanks for the posts. great to be reminded what "Shoshin" was like. If we could all stay in that state...... Luckily, i can report that it never fades entirely.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #17 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Owner
Elite Member

post #18 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
CV- They make handy little tools for cleaning up under the windshield. Not that I ever bought one, and you are correct, it is much easier to clean up there from the passenger side.

Nice you have no rock dings on the front bumper. Mine looks like a loser in a paintball fight where everybody had white paint. Time to get it repainted next year. Enjoy taking your own combat wounds on the car. Not a 3M guy here. Would rather repaint periodically.

When it is new, if you care not down in the garage three or four times a day just staring, you are not normal. After you have had her three or four years, you may be able to cut down to twice a day. Make sure you tell her how pretty she is, too. They like that. Same thing goes for your wife or she will get jealous.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

Last edited by tazandjan; 09-15-2011 at 07:08 PM.
post #19 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 06:56 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,340
congrats!

now get out there and drive it
post #20 of 33 Old 09-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Love it. I remember that feeling. I'm not sure any Ferrari can ever beat a 'first' Ferrari for the sheer excitement factor. Enjoy
+1, the first Ferrari is always the most exciting. Always enjoyable to hear the stories of the newly deflowered Ferrari virgins.

Drive and enjoy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode