Hello, from Urge to Drive - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 09-01-2011, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 573
Hello, from Urge to Drive

Hi Folks.

Time to shake things up on the Media Forum here @ FerrariLife...as the owner of "Urge to Drive" I'm very proud to be sponsoring this sub-forum! Thank you for the opportunity, Andrew!!

I've got a nice library of videos of exotic and rare cars being *driven* and plans to add much more content. There's also my stash of still photos that I'll begin posting in this forum.

Enough words...how about kicking things off with a video that I never quite understood why it didn't get 10x more views. Maybe because YouTube put an age restriction on it?? That's another thing I never understood...well, you be the judge. Enjoy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Nice video. Always found it hard to drive in flip flops myself as well. Love the nail varnish. Must have taken ages.

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #3 of 15 Old 09-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Urge accomplished!

I have never been jealous of a passenger

post #4 of 15 Old 09-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
I think there is a fetish involved here..... not kidding. Probably why youtube restricted it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 15 Old 09-01-2011, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Nice video. Always found it hard to drive in flip flops myself as well. Love the nail varnish. Must have taken ages.
lol. Well, she gave me an education on those nails...they are some kind of "sticker" that goes on with heat and stays put for like a month. I think they're called Minx nails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
I think there is a fetish involved here..... not kidding. Probably why youtube restricted it.
Yes and No. I read the community guidelines after it got age restricted and there is language in there about "provocative" clothing, blah blah. That skirt she's wearing is rather short...my wife was so ultra pissed when she saw this video. Somehow what Nicole chose to wear was *my fault*.

Yeah, I used to get TONS of email requesting close-ups of the footwork/shifting. We thought it was harmless - so we did it - but now, not so much. That's probably the fetish angle you're speaking of.
post #6 of 15 Old 09-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #7 of 15 Old 09-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 94
heh heh, the guys at work voted you a 'Top Bloke' Rick!! watching on my lappy in my break; they heard the sound of something 'not a commodore' and figured it was me watching footage of my TR.

A chorus of 'PHWOOOOR's' broke out when they saw Nicole. Ahh!the blue collar work environment! ya just can't get past it!!

Cheers and thanks for posting it.

Pete
post #8 of 15 Old 09-01-2011, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintech View Post
heh heh, the guys at work voted you a 'Top Bloke' Rick!! watching on my lappy in my break; they heard the sound of something 'not a commodore' and figured it was me watching footage of my TR.

A chorus of 'PHWOOOOR's' broke out when they saw Nicole. Ahh!the blue collar work environment! ya just can't get past it!!

Cheers and thanks for posting it.

Pete
Haha. Nice, Pete! Thanks for giving me a big smile on my face. You and the boys can stay up all night watching Nicole videos on my YouTube channel. I'll re-publish some of the really good stuff here in the Media Room.

BTW, I'm arranging to get Nicole out for another drive next week.
post #9 of 15 Old 09-02-2011, 05:20 PM
FBI
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 310
Glad to see your a sponsor here Rick. Love the vid's!

Do you use the go pro camera? I have one and could use some hint's on how to reduce wind noise while having the top off. Closed top is ok but I would like to catch more engine noise and especially of the driver's I'm with too.

Does the hero wind noise gadget really work? Because all it looks like to me is a patch of fur. lol

Cheers

"if everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough."
mario andretti
post #10 of 15 Old 09-03-2011, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
Glad to see your a sponsor here Rick. Love the vid's!

Do you use the go pro camera? I have one and could use some hint's on how to reduce wind noise while having the top off. Closed top is ok but I would like to catch more engine noise and especially of the driver's I'm with too.

Does the hero wind noise gadget really work? Because all it looks like to me is a patch of fur. lol

Cheers
Thanks!

Yes, I do use 1 GoPro HD. I almost always place it on the rear bumper or rear glass facing backwards. It does a great job of capturing the sound and gives a nice wide angle. When placed here there is usually zero wind noise due to aerodynamics. What I do then is carefully synch up that audio with any other cameras that have picked up horrible wind noise. The result is really excellent.

I've never used the gadget you speak of. Get a 2nd cam and learn how to synch the audio - you'll be pleased.
post #11 of 15 Old 09-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 167
Gee, Thanks! Just what I need to see while I'm stuck here in Afghanistan.... HA HA HA... Great Video!!!!
post #12 of 15 Old 09-07-2011, 04:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 77
Nice video. Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, I've always got the urge to drive. I to am envious of the passenger.
post #13 of 15 Old 09-07-2011, 05:38 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 260
I love the driving myself...almost 70,000miles on my 308 QV. About 6k since I have owned it.

PDG
post #14 of 15 Old 10-13-2011, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Just a short update and a request:

Urge To Drive just launched a 'store' on our Facebook page. Starting out with signed 8x10 photos sent to your house (or somewhere else if your Mom/Wife/SO would not be happy ). Check it out by clicking the Facebook link in my signature below.

I'm curious though what else people would contemplate buying in terms of "merchandise". Urge To Drive branded t-shirts, license plate holders, hats, etc would be interesting? What about coffee mugs with favorite girl/car imprinted on it? Mouse pads? The list is rather endless...

Ideas, feedback, comments welcome. Thanks!
post #15 of 15 Old 10-14-2011, 10:06 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
Just a short update and a request:

Urge To Drive just launched a 'store' on our Facebook page. Starting out with signed 8x10 photos sent to your house (or somewhere else if your Mom/Wife/SO would not be happy ). Check it out by clicking the Facebook link in my signature below.

I'm curious though what else people would contemplate buying in terms of "merchandise". Urge To Drive branded t-shirts, license plate holders, hats, etc would be interesting? What about coffee mugs with favorite girl/car imprinted on it? Mouse pads? The list is rather endless...

Ideas, feedback, comments welcome. Thanks!
"LIKED" what's not to like? lol

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode