458 on the 405 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 08-30-2011, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
458 on the 405

on my way to work this morning on the 405 ..i saw a 458 ,,managed to get a photo,,,i have not turned my head with such awe and envy .,since the 355 came out,,,i know we talked at length about the car not having a manual gearbox on offer,,but the car sure looks great on the road,,,,i guess its just as well that ill never be able to afford one,,,ill never get my mind rapped around an F1 gearbox...but then again,,,if i ever where in a position to say.."i dont want it,,,because i cant get it with a man box."..i wouldnt hesitate for one second on an F 40..!!! lol
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
Paddle shift is not that bad when one learns its capabilities: I'm no champ on it, as have not spent but a few drives on it, but the newer setup is good.

As for affording one, I suspect as you that [at least in my current situation] the cost to maintain that techno baby would far exceed the depreciated cost by the time I am ready.

Maintenance will NOT be anything but a factory authorized dealership I'm guessing.... could be wrong.

It is going to be a major line in the sand for Ferrari however as in pre- and 458.

As for the stick: Unless they make some sort of tribute car, the stick is probably gone.

However......thinking..... a V-4 or Dino rebirth: what a kick that would be and with F1 supposidly doing smaller engines soon...perhaps we'll see another release of the Dino....shoot, they have about released all the old names over again, why not.

Next: Exports and Inters with a new TR

right

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #3 of 9 Old 08-30-2011, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Owner

line in the sand

i really do understand,,what you mean ..by that..line in the sand,,,as far as im concerned,,,,its just as much a supercar,,as the the F40 - F50...Enzo,,,etc,,,those marques..used to be,,that line in the sand,,,now its seems,,they brought that line down ,,in latitude,,,!!!,,and it now encompasses a full production V8...i guess,,,i should be greatful,,that a Testarossa,,and a 355,,are in that range,,of something i could probably afford someday,,,and maybe,,,just maybe,,,an F430,,for now.,and the forseeable future,,,ill be happy in the 328,,,that might be as good as it gets for me.,.but,,,thats still...a good thing in my book.,.,.

post #4 of 9 Old 08-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
how were you able to get such a stable shot driving on the 405?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 9 Old 08-30-2011, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner

hey Ed...i was pretty stoked that the photo came out as clear as it did,,driving with one hand,,and holding the phone cam with the other ., while turned almost all the way back to get the shot was a stretch,,,i guess my eye to hand coordination is still spot on at 47..!! lol..glad you like the photo,,,totally incredible machine,,,that 458,,you must be loving it,,!!!
post #6 of 9 Old 08-31-2011, 04:20 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
wish i had one.... still waiting for ron to give me a ride!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 9 Old 08-31-2011, 09:41 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca brazzi View Post
i really do understand,,what you mean ..by that..line in the sand,,,as far as im concerned,,,,its just as much a supercar,,as the the F40 - F50...Enzo,,,etc,,,those marques..used to be,,that line in the sand,,,now its seems,,they brought that line down ,,in latitude,,,!!!,,and it now encompasses a full production V8...i guess,,,i should be greatful,,that a Testarossa,,and a 355,,are in that range,,of something i could probably afford someday,,,and maybe,,,just maybe,,,an F430,,for now.,and the forseeable future,,,ill be happy in the 328,,,that might be as good as it gets for me.,.but,,,thats still...a good thing in my book.,.,.

Supercars are generational. I'm talking the tech involved in each. Certainly you cannot compare the tech of F50 to an Enzo, or newest 599 or 458. It's a line in the sand. One could have a stick F40. You'll not see that again I suspect: Line in the sand and not going backwards, except as I mention some sort of specialized tribute car.

Here's a line in the sand: think F1 with stick...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN except for a bling tribute.

On a side note: LUCCA,,,,what''''''s with...,,all****the punctuation????? characters and mix of such .,., Secret code? Or is this a blackberry on steroids.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #8 of 9 Old 08-31-2011, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Owner

hey Rik

hey Rik,,thanks for your reply .,im not sure how i developed my typing style lol..i guess im trying to indicate a break in speech,,kind of like i was talking.,,here i go again,,guess its kind of aggravating .,sorry. Ill talk to you guys when im back from vacation. Thanks so much to all of you , here on Ferrari Life. Brett
post #9 of 9 Old 08-31-2011, 11:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Aaaah the good ol 405, where I drove for first time my D Roadster talk about nerve wracking, sheeeesh.

How did you get such a clear shot of the 458

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode