Novitec v. Tubi - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-29-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 111
Novitec v. Tubi

I was at NJB Automotive in Westerville OH (Columbus) last week to have some minor work done on the 360. While there I got to listen to another 360 with a Novitec muffler but I'm not sure what version or even if there are different versions. Regardless, this Novitec was LOUD! Much louder than my Tubi. It did sound good in a "lets-attract-the-police" kind of way, and was very different than a Tubi but seemed way too loud to live with on a daily basis. I'm sure it would set off car alarms and offend the neighbors. I doubt one could carry on a conversation in the cabin. It reminded me of when I had Fabspeed Supercup "mufflers" on my 993. It made the car sound like a Porsche should but it set off car alarms, produced a terrible drone right at about 2700 rpm, and made it impossible to carry on a conversation in the car. I kept them about a month before selling them.........made my neighbors happy.

I much prefer the sound and tone from my Tubi. Just my $0.02 worth . Probably old news to most but it was the first time I'd heard a Novitec in person, and I was surprised.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
Dave- There are usually several versions of an exhaust available in varying amounts of muffling. For the Maranellos, for instance, Novitec offers a Supersport or Sport sound and the Supersport is really loud. I had one on my 575M and you could look through the inner tailpipe and see daylight all the way through the muffler. Novitecs are also available in valved and unvalved versions, so you can further tune the sound to your liking.

If your friend had the Supersport, unvalved exhaust on his Porsche, it would be very loud, as would be the lightest muffled Tubi.

This is my old Novitec fitted to a friend's 550 now. Note the 90 mm tailpipes, stock is ~72 mm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIdLWQ4uVjw

Taz
Terry Phillips
post #3 of 4 Old 08-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by David993s View Post
I was at NJB Automotive in Westerville OH (Columbus) last week to have some minor work done on the 360. While there I got to listen to another 360 with a Novitec muffler but I'm not sure what version or even if there are different versions. Regardless, this Novitec was LOUD! Much louder than my Tubi. It did sound good in a "lets-attract-the-police" kind of way, and was very different than a Tubi but seemed way too loud to live with on a daily basis. I'm sure it would set off car alarms and offend the neighbors. I doubt one could carry on a conversation in the cabin. It reminded me of when I had Fabspeed Supercup "mufflers" on my 993. It made the car sound like a Porsche should but it set off car alarms, produced a terrible drone right at about 2700 rpm, and made it impossible to carry on a conversation in the car. I kept them about a month before selling them.........made my neighbors happy.

I much prefer the sound and tone from my Tubi. Just my $0.02 worth . Probably old news to most but it was the first time I'd heard a Novitec in person, and I was surprised.

Cheers.
Tubi's are Ferrari's OEM

post #4 of 4 Old 08-31-2011, 05:09 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 42
mclaren's swoosh logo is supposed to be the kiwi bird that was originally on Bruce's logo. It's not good.

RE: Driven: McLaren MP4-12C

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode