Enzo abandoned in Dubai - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 08-29-2011, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
Enzo abandoned in Dubai

Remember the poor Jaguar XJ220 found abandoned in the Qatari desert, now we have an image of something even sadder: a Ferrari Enzo left to rot in Dubai.

The supercar is just another victim among possibly thousands of luxurious and rare cars abandoned in the Middle East, mostly by expatriates returning home after failed business ventures or real estate deals gone sour.

It was spotted in a police impound, which means itís likely to be auctioned off. But in a region where thermometer readings can easily--and often do--exceed 115 degrees F, thereís a very good chance that much of the car could be severely damaged.

With only 399 Enzos officially sold to the public, and a number already gone due to the careless action of their owners, plus now this example abandoned in Dubai, itís safe to say that getting your hands on a pristine Ferrari Enzo will soon be next to impossible.

Pricing for the car can easily reach more than a $1 million, that is, if you can even find one up for sale.

We just hope other Enzo owners look after their cars better than this one.

[Source : Motor Authority]
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 08-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
It's somewhat funny.

Ferrari's that were raced and crashed raced again and crashed are now worth millions.

This Enzo may need some work but is far from dead ... I just need a willing stork.
post #3 of 30 Old 08-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567

post #4 of 30 Old 08-29-2011, 08:28 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
sounds like a lot of jumping to conclusions frankly.
Take a guy like Jim G - he drives the crap out of his cars.

Pulls out the engine fixes her up and resprays the car.

I don't see the big deal in a refresh done properly.

These days there is nothing that can't be fixed and brought back to new.

Is it worth it may be the question ... I love breathing life into what other people consider dead.

See what I did there
post #5 of 30 Old 08-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
no, i'm just saying that car could have been sitting there for two days because of a dui or parking or anything. it may be perfect and the owner already picked it up. just because it's covered in dust in a police impound lot doesn't mean much. that could have happened in a day over there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 30 Old 08-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
that could have happened in a day over there.
Or 15 minutes in a sand storm.
post #7 of 30 Old 08-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
Agree on the 'facts'. Unless there is a local on the ground to sort it out, it will become internet legend like the abandoned Enzo that made the rounds at a similar area airport a few years ago.

All look to have the same crust of dust, and that to me means relatively same period of storage. None look like they spent more time than the others, from that Porsche, Honda and to the Volvo there.

However, shame to have to refurbish the bit and pieces to make sure it performs to specs...they are a bit finicky thinking.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #8 of 30 Old 08-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 41
Hi,

I live in Dubai and it does not take long for a significant amount of dust to build up on a car. i was away for 3 weeks and my SUV was covered with it, even in a car port!

Often cars are impounded by the police for traffic infractions such as running red lights or driving lots over the speed limit. Over the years I have seen a 512 and a 348 that where parked outside in the same spot for a while. If I knew where this Enzo was I could keep an eye on it. There was also a Yellow Enzo, that was BTW looking very nice in a show room for sale for $1,223,400.00 USD. It was there for quite some time.

There was a F360 parked outside for sale at a car lot covered in lots of dust and looking a bit sad. Also in the same area a couple of semi sad looking 575`s for around 62,000 USD. Too bad no nice looking 550`s. Might just have to go to EU or North America for one. There is also a 308 and a Dino lurking around. Unfortunatly older cars are not popular here and get neglicted as most here think newer is best and older is not cool

Markus
post #9 of 30 Old 08-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
Thanks Markus:

- what is your take on about how that car might fair in excessive, exterior heat

rik

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #10 of 30 Old 08-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
any local press on the Enzo?
post #11 of 30 Old 08-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Elite Member

Hi Rik,

I am sure sustained exposure to heat and sun would do some sort of damage to interior. I have a 8 year old Toyota SUV that has 100,000 km. I have had it since new and its always park covered when at home. nevertheless it has suffered from cracked dash. So hopefully when I get an F car I would have it covered all the time and when not covered have a sun shade over the windshield.

Something I did 4 years ago was put a good quality window film on my car and I found that it has made a big difference to keep the interior temps down. They are availabe with variable percentages of tint and color. It can be done so that you can hardly tell if there is something on the window, yet keep the temp down and make it easier on the ac

Markus
post #12 of 30 Old 08-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Elite Member

Boxer,

Have not seen anything yet. First I heard of it was on here

Markus
post #13 of 30 Old 08-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Brutal, regardless of the back story or facts.
post #14 of 30 Old 08-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Elite Member

The least they could do is give it to me....I would never let that happne
post #15 of 30 Old 08-30-2011, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Can't find any further news or truth behind the story on any local Dubai news sites. But doing a quick search on the net, one guy says that the car is sitting at either Qusais or Barsha police impound??
post #16 of 30 Old 08-31-2011, 01:15 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Brutal, regardless of the back story or facts.
Absolutely right. Even if it was only there a couple of days, still not nice to see...

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #17 of 30 Old 08-31-2011, 03:55 AM
Elite Member

I have heard that when the police take the car they will not open windows or sunroof....and when the owner picks up the car a week or so later....its a mess
post #18 of 30 Old 04-24-2012, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Latest news on this poor Enzo is that it's up for auction....

Ferrari Enzo Abandoned in Dubai will be Auctioned

Remember the pictures of a dust covered Ferrari Enzo, abandoned in a Dubai parking lot? The Enzo sat there for more than twenty months after the British owner left the emirates, fleeing from debt. It will be auctioned as part of a 129 car sale tomorrow (Wednesday) starting at 9 AM. The sale will happen near the Dubai International Airport in Al Quasis.

The British owner fled Dubai, presumably after a business deal or property venture went bad. In Dubai, debt is a criminal offence. The owner of the car probably fled to avoid being caught by the Dubai Police Force and having to serve a lengthy prison sentence. By escaping the country, back to the United Kingdom, he ensured the British government would not extradite him to the emirates. The authorities suggest that the car has a number of outstanding traffic fines which gave the authorities the right to seize the Ferrari.

He left the hypercar in a parking lot close to the airport. The Ferrari Enzo later became wanted by Interpol and was seized by the Criminal Investigations Department of the Dubai Police Force. Twenty months after the car was abandoned, we see it is up for auction. The Ferrari could fetch as much as 5.6 million dirham (500,000 euros).

The emirates laws allow the authorities to seize a vehicle that has been abandoned for more than six months. To participate in the auction, a 50,000 dirham deposit has to be made, to simply watch, it will cost you 110 dirham.

The Ferrari Enzo isnít the only supercar to be found abandoned in the United Arab Emirates. In the past weíve seen a Ferrari F40, a Jaguar XJ220, a BMW M6 and a DMC DeLorean all languishing in the sun.
Attached Images

post #19 of 30 Old 04-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
I wonder if Carbon has the vin?
post #20 of 30 Old 04-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Who is handling the auction? It will be interesting to see what it goes for.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode