Checked motor mounts - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-28-2011, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
Checked motor mounts

happy sunday fellows...after getting up this morning,,,i jacked up the car,,and tried to take a look at the motor mounts,,as well as everything else i could see while on my back,,,i didnt or couldnt see anything wrong,,,but im no mechanic for sure,,,i did check all four motor mount bolts,,that attach to the rear sub frame...and i found one,that was completely loose,,,i was able to tighten the bolt,,it wasnt stripped,,,i did get it tightened,,..after i let the car down off the jack,,,i jogged the rear end from side to side,,and that creaky sound had gone away,,and all felt normal,,,i then pushed on the plentium,,back and forth,,getting the motor to move side to side,,,it felt fine,,no noises,,,and you could feel the rubber mounts,,,dampening the sideways motion,,,as they should,,,DO YOU GUYS THINK,,THAT LOOSE MOTOR MOUNT,,WAS THE CAUSE OF THAT LOUD NOISE,,AND THE SHIFT I FELT IN THE BACK END...WHEN GOING AROUND THAT TIGHT LEFT HANDER,,,..let me know if you have any thoughts,,,im still going to send it to the shop,,so the pros can tell me whats going on,,,thx Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-28-2011, 10:14 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
You need to get that thing up on a 4 post lift to do a proper inspection. Till then I wouldn't risk driving it enthusiastically.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #3 of 3 Old 08-28-2011, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
for sure

thx Barcheta,,,im not going to drive it at all,,,i think it will be ok to take it to the shop,,,very carefully,,on monday,,,its only 6 or seven miles away,,,thx Brett....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode