328 / 350 z - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 08-20-2011, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
328 / 350 z

happy saturday fellows,,,my friend and i took a nice casual drive today around the PV hill,,,he just picked up an 07 350 Z...its in good shape..i said ,,lets take a break from the saturday motorcycle ride,,and take the cars out,,,the only quick run was up crest road,,which is a nice fast uphill left hand sweeper leading in to a nice decreasing radius right hander,,,both cars did well,,,,,the z is definetly an everyday reliable sports car,,,i like the way it wraps around you when seated...and its 1/6 of the price of a twin turbo,,,might be a nice choice for second car,,,anyways,,,i think my starter solenoid is craping out,,after driving,,and parking,,its not starting up when the key turns,,,i had trouble getting it going after our stop for coffee,,its in the garage,,,and i let it sit,,but then it started right up, so,,,looks like i might need a new starter,,the solenoid / starter is probably in the same housing,,im cool with it 88k miles on the original is ok with me,,,have a great weekend..,Brett
Attached Images

Last edited by lucca brazzi; 08-20-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
You may wanna take a look at the warm up regulator. I haven't heard of too many issues with the starters on these.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #3 of 9 Old 08-20-2011, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Owner

thx

rite on,,,when i get back from my vacation,,,ill leave it with Craig ..at Fast Cars,,,maybe what you mentioned is the issue,,thx Barcheta,,,happy saturday,,

post #4 of 9 Old 08-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Sure looks like a nice sunny day there at the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Brett. Brings back memories. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #5 of 9 Old 08-20-2011, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Owner

hey there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Sure looks like a nice sunny day there at the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Brett. Brings back memories. w/ smiles Jimmy
hey Jimmy,,yes ,,im pretty blessed that in my 25 years here.,i have seen so many days like today ,,in So Cal,,,next time your in town,,,i know where the good food is,,we can eat !!! take care brother,,,,Brett,,with smiles as well !!!,,,
post #6 of 9 Old 08-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,881
Brett- Your 328 looks very nice with 348 wheels, one of my favorite car designs and wheel designs.

I graduated from Palos Verdes High School in 1965, which should give you some idea of how ancient I am. The first Ferrari I ever saw was a turquoise 250 LWB California with impossibly wide wire wheels (6.5" probably) in PV. Doubt it is turquoise now, and the wheels do not seem so wide.

My father had a 61 Corvette and I learned to drive in that car, and he and I would travel all over LA to dealerships and the Shelby American factory on Aviation Blvd looking at cars on the weekends. We both wanted a 300SL Gullwing or a Lotus Elan (more me than him on the latter).

Nobody lived in PV then and the area was mostly wheat fields. The only restaurant was the Red Onion, which still had grear Mexican food when Jan and I visited it in 1985 during my 20th high school reunion. Need to try it again.

Thanks for bringing back fond memories. There were, and I assume still are, great driving roads in PV.

Taz
Terry Phillips
post #7 of 9 Old 08-20-2011, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Owner

hey Taz

hello Sir,,,thanks for your reply.and your kind words..ill bet it was really cool when you grew up in So Cal,,,,not so crowded,,,i was lucky enough to lease a really cool house in RPV for about 6 years..and having the roads up there right in my back yard was pretty cool,,,im right down the hill in Lomita / Harbor City now,,for the last 4 years...PV has been built up a lot over the years,,,you know with the Trump Golf course,,and the new Terrania resort,,,along with all the new 5 million dollar track homes.,.,!!!..its kind of like a mini Monterrey Coast,,with great scenery and the like,,ive been in the south bay 11 years,,and still have not grown tired of riding / driving on the hill,,,anyways im glad you liked the photos,,today my friend and i had a cool moment,,just talking about how greatfull we were to be ., well you know,,living our dreams,,as well as being blessed with good weather 95 percent of the year...after our drive,,i still had some driving left in me,,so i went up to LA and hung out with a very good friend,,took the 328,,and just loved being in it,,and driving home at night in the car,,with all the gauges lit up,,still excites me,,,i was along side a blue 360 for a while.the driver and his wife gave me the thumbs up,,..i made it home safe ., once more,,take it easy.,..Brett
post #8 of 9 Old 08-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 260
If you find its the Warm Up Regulator let me know - I have a good contact for rebuilt ones. They are no longer available new anywhere. I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago.

PDG
post #9 of 9 Old 08-21-2011, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Owner

thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTA View Post
If you find its the Warm Up Regulator let me know - I have a good contact for rebuilt ones. They are no longer available new anywhere. I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago.

PDG
thx Mr. Gray TA...i appreciate that,,ill let you know,,as soon as i get back from CT...im going to send it to the shop,,,,ill be sure to buy one from your guy,,if thats the issue,,and thank you so much,,Brett

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode