owning a ferrari 355 spider - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-25-2011, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 42
owning a ferrari 355 spider

hey guys, first of all be kind I am new.

my dream is to be able to own a ferrari, and the way I am going I think the closest I will get is a ferrari 355 spider, and what a beautiful car !

to all those people who have the luxury of being able to own one, how to you feel having one, do you enjoy driving it, do you like the attention(not that it matters)

also one last thing I want to no what it involes to be able to own one because I am very dedicated and determind to be able to own one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Welcome to F Life, the 355 is one of the best looking Ferrari's out there.

But ownership of such a car one needs to be financial stable or willing and committed to pay big $$$$ one time or another. These are race cars with powerful engines that have a tendency to bite you in the a$$ when not expecting it.

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #3 of 10 Old 03-26-2011, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Life View Post
Welcome to F Life, the 355 is one of the best looking Ferrari's out there.

But ownership of such a car one needs to be financial stable or willing and committed to pay big $$$$ one time or another. These are race cars with powerful engines that have a tendency to bite you in the a$$ when not expecting it.
wow I never new that, is there any other ferrari like it, and is just as good as well as convertable but with less cost involved ? also just to give you an idea of what I want to do when I get out of school, I would like to get into electrician

thankyou also for your reply

post #4 of 10 Old 03-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 603
Main worry about the 355 spider is getting an original replacement roof.

I looked for one a few montsh back and there was only 1 left in the world and it was big money.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari reece View Post
wow I never new that, is there any other ferrari like it, and is just as good as well as convertable but with less cost involved ? also just to give you an idea of what I want to do when I get out of school, I would like to get into electrician

thankyou also for your reply
Welcome to FL, ferrari reece!

Mostly, all Ferraris cost money to maintain. The initial cost of the car gets you ownership, but big money is needed to maintain them.

Why? Not because they always break down (they don't). It is because they use many intricate precision parts- some of which require periodic replacement as suggested by the factory, owners and mechanics. Also, the engine in a 355 needs to be completely removed for a major service which costs several thousands of dollars every 3-5 years in addition to normal expensive oil changes and upkeep.

The 355 is a very fast racing machine with fantastic looks. Hopefully someday we'll see you in one! Until then, feel free to post on FL and join in with the fun topics!
post #6 of 10 Old 03-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 34
I owned a 355 spider. Loved it. It is considered one of the prettiest Ferraris out there. Drove it for two years without a problem. The camshaft belts are good for 5 years. Dealers like to do it more often because it is a big money maker. You can shop around. Oil changes are a little costly but remember you are buying a Ferrari. If upkeep scares you buy a Porsche.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-26-2011, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonzapper View Post
Welcome to FL, ferrari reece!

Mostly, all Ferraris cost money to maintain. The initial cost of the car gets you ownership, but big money is needed to maintain them.

Why? Not because they always break down (they don't). It is because they use many intricate precision parts- some of which require periodic replacement as suggested by the factory, owners and mechanics. Also, the engine in a 355 needs to be completely removed for a major service which costs several thousands of dollars every 3-5 years in addition to normal expensive oil changes and upkeep.

The 355 is a very fast racing machine with fantastic looks. Hopefully someday we'll see you in one! Until then, feel free to post on FL and join in with the fun topics!
wow thankyou, well I have been a fare few ferraris, because of family and friends, but something just appeals to me when I see and hear the ferrari 355 spider, it feels like that car is the one for me, so I think once I am out of school, that is my life goal.

thanks a lot for the info it is greatly appreciated
post #8 of 10 Old 03-26-2011, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan g View Post
I owned a 355 spider. Loved it. It is considered one of the prettiest Ferraris out there. Drove it for two years without a problem. The camshaft belts are good for 5 years. Dealers like to do it more often because it is a big money maker. You can shop around. Oil changes are a little costly but remember you are buying a Ferrari. If upkeep scares you buy a Porsche.
well it does kind of scare me in a way but I just think to myself if I look after it and maintain it as best as I can I am sure that I will be able to afford it.

may I ask, what is insurence like and 355 ??
post #9 of 10 Old 04-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Not sure about Australia. In America there are so many variables (collector car usage vs daily driver, age, state, credit history, multi-car/home discounts) that it would be impossible to accurately quote in a post. It could range from $150/year for a garaged collector car driven less than 2500 miles/year to around $1,000/year for a daily driver...it just depends on many variables.

Last edited by Neonzapper; 04-02-2011 at 06:32 AM.
post #10 of 10 Old 04-02-2011, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonzapper View Post
Not sure about Australia. In America there are so many variables (collector car usage vs daily driver, age, state, credit history, multi-car/home discounts) that it would be impossible to accurately quote in a post. It could range from $150/year for a garaged collector car driven less than 2500 miles/year to around $1,000/year for a daily driver...it just depends on many variables.
oh ok thanks, and it is probebly much the sam over here.

if you can see yourself doing it, it is possible - mike spinner

will be a proud owner of a ferrari 360 spider

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode