I ordered a 458 Italia - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old 03-09-2011, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
I ordered a 458 Italia

After many years of waiting I finally ordered a 458 Italia, I have driven one before and know what I am getting. Otherwise, what should I know, what should I expect upon delivery, etc? Any information is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 03-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 123
I think you can expect a very fast and gorgeous car! Congrats!

What options did you get? Color....etc etc

"Monica" F430 Spider (Sexy Curvy & Italian)
post #3 of 44 Old 03-09-2011, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

options

Red, tan interior, very traditional, badges, yellow calipers, Carbon steering wheel, ipod, cruise, etc. Did I miss anything? I am not a big carbon fibre fan but I thought the wheel was cool.

post #4 of 44 Old 03-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #5 of 44 Old 03-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
congrats enjoy it, you are a lucky guy!
+1 Congrats. Have you an expected delivery date?

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #6 of 44 Old 03-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Congratulations!!

You're the man! Adding some more leather options in the interior is always nice. The iPod is a wise choice, you might also want to check if you opted for the fattest stereo option. I suppose you have the satnav?

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #7 of 44 Old 03-09-2011, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Delivery

I am told to expect august but not holding my breathe. Figured that if they told me a year I would hesitate, I wouldn't have. I didn't get satnav, wanted to keep it as simple as possible, and I know where I am going. I did get a leather headliner. Had the opportunity to go to the Ferrari store in New York so that made some of the decisions much easier, particularly with advice from the staff

Can't wait.
post #8 of 44 Old 03-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 31
Hi Joe, I have that exact car minus the carbon fiber steering wheel and the Yellow Calipers, so if you are dying to know anything, let me know. I just got mine a week ago, so I am still figuring it out too. You made a wise choice and I bet youll find it one of the best decisions you ever made.
post #9 of 44 Old 03-10-2011, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

My biggest decision at this point is whether or not to get the clear bra, or cover for the rock prone areas. Did you get this? and if so are you happy with the result
post #10 of 44 Old 03-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
I hate clear bras. They are not clear! I've seen them on the 458, a Rosso Corsa fresh from the factory, and there was a very serious colour difference, it looked ridiculous.

For me, spray-painting every 2 years by a reputable shop is just part of the ownership experience (I'm talking about my 550 but the principle is the same). If they're good, you won't be able to tell it's been sprayed. Of course, it is not exactly cheap. But neither are clear bras - you will need to renew those too.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #11 of 44 Old 03-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
I hate clear bras. They are not clear! I've seen them on the 458, a Rosso Corsa fresh from the factory, and there was a very serious colour difference, it looked ridiculous.

For me, spray-painting every 2 years by a reputable shop is just part of the ownership experience (I'm talking about my 550 but the principle is the same). If they're good, you won't be able to tell it's been sprayed. Of course, it is not exactly cheap. But neither are clear bras - you will need to renew those too.

Onno
I've come to the same conclusion. I've always resprayed the Rollers every three to five years. With the Ferrari I wanted to try the clear bra on the Scaglietti and compare results with the topless 430. The Ferraris are lower and need a respray every two to three years it seems and I am now convinced that for me it looks better topless. Larger gravel make marks in the plastic which show more than without. It is also nicer to get a car back from detailing where all of the body has been waxed.

The Scaglietti has recently been scraped in the front by a 911 and after respray I will discontinue with the clear bra.

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #12 of 44 Old 04-17-2011, 09:36 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyung View Post
After many years of waiting I finally ordered a 458 Italia, I have driven one before and know what I am getting. Otherwise, what should I know, what should I expect upon delivery, etc? Any information is appreciated.
Congrats & enjoy!! I went shopping yesterday & looked at this one. Salesman told me in response to my question about engine fires that since this is a 2011 and NOT a 2010 the recall issue didnt apply. Is this true?
Attached Images

post #13 of 44 Old 04-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
How about flowers for your spouse/significant other? Congrats, the wait will be tough, had to wait a month on shipping for my last purchase, was excruciating. You might consider carbon center console for resale in the future, plus the aluminum finished parts scratch easily. Agree on deleting the nav, not having the speedometer while you are using it is not good. Hopefully Ferrari will rectify this in the future.
post #14 of 44 Old 04-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Joe, Congrats on the new car. You should expect a lot of awesomeness. It is leaps ahead of the F430 which was already an amazing car.
post #15 of 44 Old 04-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Spyder View Post
Congrats & enjoy!! I went shopping yesterday & looked at this one. Salesman told me in response to my question about engine fires that since this is a 2011 and NOT a 2010 the recall issue didnt apply. Is this true?
2011 models do not require a recall as the factory changed the way the wheel arch liner heatshields are fixed on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
...... Agree on deleting the nav, not having the speedometer while you are using it is not good. Hopefully Ferrari will rectify this in the future.
This is a myth. You've always been able to see the speedometer if the nav screen is showing. The nav displays on the right hand TFT screen and there is a didigtal speedo reading on the left hand TFT screen.
post #16 of 44 Old 04-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by iainuk View Post
2011 models do not require a recall as the factory changed the way the wheel arch liner heatshields are fixed on the car.

This is a myth. You've always been able to see the speedometer if the nav screen is showing. The nav displays on the right hand TFT screen and there is a didigtal speedo reading on the left hand TFT screen.
Nice to hear, someone needs to tell Jeremy Clarkston.
post #17 of 44 Old 04-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,028
Bravo!

Quote:
What to expect? Not being able to sleep because you'll be so excited about it; sneaking out to your garage in the middle of the night, just to remind yourself that it's really there and it's really yours; having your body thrown against the back of the seat at the slightest hint of pedal pressure; and having the time of your life!

Congratulations!

p.s. and of course, we expect pictures!

Colonel1961
- - - - - - - -
Current: 250 SLX, 8.2L (Sea Ray)
Former: 308 GTS QV; F355B; 360 Modena Spider F1; F430 F1 (2x); 550 Maranello; 599 GTB Fiorano F1; 612 Scaglietti
post #18 of 44 Old 04-18-2011, 01:54 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 42
wow, congrats you must be a very happy man

if you can see yourself doing it, it is possible - mike spinner

will be a proud owner of a ferrari 360 spider
post #19 of 44 Old 04-18-2011, 03:39 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
Congratulations! The 458 will bring you much joy and excitement. I've been in it twice now and absolutely love it. It's an unbelievable car

Is this your first Ferrari?
post #20 of 44 Old 04-18-2011, 03:41 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
Nice to hear, someone needs to tell Jeremy Clarkston.
He knows, he just couldn't think of something bad to say about the car. He does this a lot - don't use him for accurate descriptions of any car. It's just entertainment, it's not a motor magazine review.

To the OP - congrats, I will remember my drive in the 458 for a long time to come. Just a fantastic car.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode