Trying to be a Ferrari engineer - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-06-2011, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Trying to be a Ferrari engineer

Hello everyone, just registered. Love the forum.

So I am a 17 year old boy, with a big interest in cars, Ferrari to be specific.

Now, my dream is to be a Ferrari engineer , not because I'll be working on Ferraris ( you know, the whole " o my god that's a Ferrari" thing that most people have) but because I feel the passion ( sounds crazy but it's true)

I'm planning on studying to the Politecnico di Torino university , witch has a subject , called automotive engineering , witch it's what I need. The university also cooperates with the Ferrari factory, giving some practical lessons to the students. I also work, or I'm being trained I should say, by the official ferrari service garage of Cyprus, so I have a bit of experience on working on this cars. This will be recoded in my SV, and it may help in the future.

What could I do more reach my goal?

P.S. I have no problem living in Italy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonCyprus View Post
Hello everyone, just registered. Love the forum...because I feel the passion ( sounds crazy but it's true)
Not crazy at all. Ferrari is passion.
Quote:
...What could I do more reach my goal?
Be serious about your education and learn everything.

Welcome to Ferrari Life!
post #3 of 6 Old 03-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Congratulations!!

At Ferrari Life you are amongst people who understand your passion. It is somewhat difficult to suggest more advice for you taking into consideration that you are only 17 and you have already scored a job at an official Ferrari workshop - way to go and well done!!

My first thought is to make sure you keep that job. Secondly, by showing good results at work, you may want to aim for a sponsorship for your future studies by Ferrari with the help and good words from your employer. You might also want to apply to work extra time during your studies at Ferrari during your summer holidays. Establish already now a contact with relevant people at Ferrari and try to accompany your boss (if even as a non paid humble suit case carrier) when he goes to Ferrari events.

Good luck, work hard, always learn, always listen and be always ready for initiatives as well as sacrifices.

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,439
As a very general rule, top companies hire to graduates. A buddy of mine worked for GE and they would send recent grads back to man the recruitment booth at their old school....with the instructions take all resumes and say thank you.....then throw anything with a GPA of less than 3.5 in the trash. Your primary goal in school need to be maintaining your GPA. Trust me, GPA is about the only thing that keeps your resume out of the trash.

Once your grades are up where they need to be you can add secondary things like working at the dealership, join a formula SAE team, maybe use your dealership to find someone who races a ferrari and try to help out in the pits, maybe try to help the local ferrari club at event particularly track events.....the more ferrari people you know the better.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
Quote:
Hello everyone, just registered. Love the forum.
welcome.

Quote:
I'm planning on studying to the Politecnico di Torino university , witch has a subject , called automotive engineering , witch it's what I need. The university also cooperates with the Ferrari factory, giving some practical lessons to the students. I also work, or I'm being trained I should say, by the official ferrari service garage of Cyprus, so I have a bit of experience on working on this cars. This will be recoded in my SV, and it may help in the future.

What could I do more reach my goal?
Well, sound like you are in a more unique spot than most, where Ferrari has given your university some direct lines of communication: probably better than any US school receives....stick with your counselor's recommendations.

Quote:
P.S. I have no problem living in Italy
Well, if working for Ferrari I would hope not ....BTW, I would expect speaking Italian would be good on a Resume: Speaking passion would be as important as any feeling.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #6 of 6 Old 04-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 121
which"official" dealer in Cyprus is that then?? Good luck with your training, I genuinely hope it works out for you. I've been working on Ferrari for 17 years, and own the busy Ferrari garage in Nicosia.There isn't a substitute for experience and you won't be able to fix them properely before you have this experience. Also try and pay more attention to the electrical aspect than the mechanical one.
GOOD LUCK!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode