Car tints for F458 Italia - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-15-2011, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Ferrari Life Posts: 38
Car tints for F458 Italia

Can anyone recommend a company to come onsite and do very dark tints, dealer said they can't do the limo tints.

Need a pro who can take apart the doors and replace with zero marks !!!!

Also what is the opinion on tinting the rear engine cover ?
Ghufran is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 02-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghufran View Post
Can anyone recommend a company to come onsite and do very dark tints, dealer said they can't do the limo tints.

Need a pro who can take apart the doors and replace with zero marks !!!!

Also what is the opinion on tinting the rear engine cover ?

I don't think I'd tint the rear engine cover, at least not a full black out. Being able to see the V8 sitting proud in the underneath the glass is one of the many things that makes it special...

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 02-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Suggest you ask Al at Alsaautomotive.
Boxer is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 Old 02-15-2011, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Ferrari Life Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Suggest you ask Al at Alsaautomotive.
Ok I'll check it out. Hope they do the limo tints
Ghufran is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 02-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Owner
 
Dermot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: San Ramon, California
Ferrari Life Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
I don't think I'd tint the rear engine cover, at least not a full black out. Being able to see the V8 sitting proud in the underneath the glass is one of the many things that makes it special...
Not to mention the heat melting the tint and been a fire hazard!

Current Ferrari owned: Red Scuderia
Past Ferrari's owned : 355, 360 stick, 360 F1, Challenge Stradale, 550 Marenello

www.ceoproject.com "The Science of CEO Effectiveness"
Dermot is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 02-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Owner
 
Fiorano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermot View Post
Not to mention the heat melting the tint and been a fire hazard!
Good point. Those 458s go up in flames by themselves easy enough, never mind helping it along...

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
Fiorano is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale