Where to sell parts? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-26-2010, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Where to sell parts?

I have just received a brand new stock exhaust for a 2003 Ferrari Maranello, and I am wondering where I find the best success in selling this exhaust system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 460
Ebay
post #3 of 7 Old 12-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 178
Ebay may well be the largest online auction house, but thier "rules" seem illegal IMHO.

Specifically, I do not believe eBay should be able to force sellers to use their parent company, PayPal, forcing you pay to twice for making a sale, while prohibiting you from listing other types of processes of accepted funds. As long as PayPal was an "option", I didnt mind. But it is no longer a choice to accept it, and that angers me. I believe the legal term for this action is "collusion"?

In addition. I recently listed some items on eBay, and they used the wrong email address for paypal, an address I havnt used in years. I have recieved funds previously from the new address, so I have no clue where the old address came from, and eBay appologised, not knowing why either. However, I had payments of thousands of dollars at stake, and while they were able to recover the funds, the remaining auctions they claimed they were not able to "fix", and advised I end them early. Only by doing so, I had to accept the highest bid, losing whatever potential increase in auction price the items may have recieved.

As such, it will be a cold day in Hell before I list anything, or purchase anything on eBay.

Perhaps if a few brave souls would choose another online auction house, like the second largest, and if some of us would purchase off of it, we could create sometrhing of an Exodus away from eBay. Sort of like how many here today have arrived here.

post #4 of 7 Old 12-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
That is not a pleasant experience, to say the least. Jimmy
post #5 of 7 Old 12-28-2010, 02:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artvonne View Post
In addition. I recently listed some items on eBay, and they used the wrong email address for paypal, an address I havnt used in years. I have recieved funds previously from the new address, so I have no clue where the old address came from, and eBay appologised, not knowing why either. However, I had payments of thousands of dollars at stake, and while they were able to recover the funds, the remaining auctions they claimed they were not able to "fix", and advised I end them early. Only by doing so, I had to accept the highest bid, losing whatever potential increase in auction price the items may have recieved..
For me its a 15 year old phone number that keeps showing up once a year or so. I go in and remove it from the account......then out of the blue it comes back.....really makes me wonder about thier software.

My wife has had a bunch of problems with paypal, the laterst is they doubled paided an item.....and there seems to be no way to get the money back. There is no way we can find to talk to anyone, only the most common problems can be reported through the canned system, their service sucks big donkey dicks..
post #6 of 7 Old 12-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
i've had my share of problems myself. always comes down to some arcane step i didn't take. been shafted buying and selling. Biggest problem is when somebody uses a credit card through ebay. They put a chargeback on it and you are done. Had a guy i sold a phone to. had him sign to recieve it, emailed me he recieved and was happy. bought two more from me and wanted to return one but i refused to pay the shipping back because it was the second time he had returned for the same bogus reAson. my prices were so low, he was reselling them. he got pissed i wouldn't refund the shipping, i refunded the purchase price, he chargbacked both phones. i had all the documentation that he signed for them and emailed me he got them and was happy. also had emails from him threatening me with a bogus chargeback. Submitted all of it in a timely manner to paypal. it was a slam dunk----for him. lost $250 on that one for $12 shipping. another time i sold a laptop and the buyer seemed fishy so i called paypal. i was a platinum power seller at the time. they checked it out and told me to ship it. of course it was bogus and paypal pulled my payment and told me to deal with the post office. Luckily the post office "lost" it and paid out on the insurance. about 4 months later. I could go on.... sadly, probably still the best way to sell something and frequently best way to buy. i do wish they would allow you to accept personal checks. once they clear you are golden. oh well. i rarely sell there anymore. much more tilted to the buyer now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk e View Post
For me its a 15 year old phone number that keeps showing up once a year or so. I go in and remove it from the account......then out of the blue it comes back.....really makes me wonder about thier software.

My wife has had a bunch of problems with paypal, the laterst is they doubled paided an item.....and there seems to be no way to get the money back. There is no way we can find to talk to anyone, only the most common problems can be reported through the canned system, their service sucks big donkey dicks..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 7 Old 12-29-2010, 04:05 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
i've had my share of problems myself. always comes down to some arcane step i didn't take. been shafted buying and selling. Biggest problem is when somebody uses a credit card through ebay. They put a chargeback on it and you are done. Had a guy i sold a phone to. had him sign to recieve it, emailed me he recieved and was happy. bought two more from me and wanted to return one but i refused to pay the shipping back because it was the second time he had returned for the same bogus reAson. my prices were so low, he was reselling them. he got pissed i wouldn't refund the shipping, i refunded the purchase price, he chargbacked both phones. i had all the documentation that he signed for them and emailed me he got them and was happy. also had emails from him threatening me with a bogus chargeback. Submitted all of it in a timely manner to paypal. it was a slam dunk----for him. lost $250 on that one for $12 shipping. another time i sold a laptop and the buyer seemed fishy so i called paypal. i was a platinum power seller at the time. they checked it out and told me to ship it. of course it was bogus and paypal pulled my payment and told me to deal with the post office. Luckily the post office "lost" it and paid out on the insurance. about 4 months later. I could go on.... sadly, probably still the best way to sell something and frequently best way to buy. i do wish they would allow you to accept personal checks. once they clear you are golden. oh well. i rarely sell there anymore. much more tilted to the buyer now.
These large companies act like they are in charge....but they aren't and you can return the favor. The CC company is clearly doing business in your state/town so they can be sued in small clains court. It costs you 30 minutes and probably $100 that you get back if you win....and even if you lose it will cost them about several thousand dollars. Most likely as soon as they get the notice they will return the money and the court fee to settle.

With the customer and the CC company lying on ionsurance forms is a felony in most places and itmay be a federal crime because if it crossed a state line. So the copies of everythign to your local police, his local police and the FBI.

I like to be sure no one ever thinks it's a good idea to f*ck with me twice.

Now after all this the CC company many not want to do business with you....but then I think you can sue them again, not sure about that though. We have a really messed up tort system that really should be fixed, but not using the tools at your disposal is more messed up IMO. I'm getting ready to claim a whole bunch of tax credits that I really think are bad ideas....but if the government wants to piss away MY money, I'd just as soon the piss it beck to me.

Oh, we've started keeping a separated account for paypal and the CC they get is the debit card to the same account so they have very little recourse to back chage anything. The double apymnet my wife just had (only $17 so we probably want get too upset) happened when money came into her paypal account.....next are separte paypal accounts for sending and recieving so there is no repeat.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode