25 Ferrari's for Sale from one collection - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-10-2010, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
25 Ferrari's for Sale from one collection

A broker is selling 25 Ferraris, three Lamborghinis, and a Cizeta, among other rare supercars. All are unregistered with delivery mileage only, which means they almost certainly belong to the Sultan of Brunei. Who is selling the Sultan's cars?

According to the seller, these amazing vehicles were all ordered brand new from the factory and delivered to the owner who, for some unknown reason, never drove them. Now they're sitting in a garage in New Zealand begging to be freed from their packaging.

The collection of 25 Ferraris includes an Enzo, F50, and F40 if you're interested in comparing the evolution of Maranello's line-toppers. There's also a pair of Daytonas, a 575 Superamerica, a 512 TR Spyder, and a 355 Challenge in race and regular spec. The Lamborghinis include a Diablo SE30 and two Countach 25th Anniversary Editions. The two Porsches are the rare (1-of-80) 964 911 Turbo S Leichtbaus.

And then it starts to get strange. An as-new Italdesign V12 Nazca sold along with a Cizeta V16? The Sultan of Brunei had one black Cizeta and one blue Cizeta. The black one already sold and the blue one looks exactly like this one. There are only eight, so the odds are pretty good it's his. The Sultan also had an Italdesign Nazca, which is one of three for that prototype variation. Either someone is pretending to sell the Sultan's cars, or they're actually selling the Sultan's cars. Because Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah is the head of an oil-rich state, he probably doesn't have to sell off extra cars to raise capital. Who might? His brother "Playboy Prince" Jefri Bolkiah, who has recently been the subject of legal battles with former lawyers for not paying his fees, and with the Brunei Investment Authority because he appears to have lost $40 billion dollars after spending lavishly on things like statues of him having sex.

The Sultan's got a habit of giving some of his lesser automobiles to his brother, which seems generous until you remember the Sultan himself owns an amazing collection that includes over 500 Mercedes, 360 Ferraris, 180 Bentleys, and 160 Porsches. Just to name a few. The current lawsuit against Jefri alleges he has a "history of concealment and dissipation of assets" and a past judgment mentions he surrendered "over 2000 cars."
This wouldn't be the first time one of the Sultan's former cars went up for sale. This summer he sold one of his Ferrari F50s. So maybe Jefri isn't unloading the cars, maybe the Sultan's just making space in his garage for a new fleet of Bugattis. We've contacted the seller to inquire about how the cars traveled from the Sultan's collections — if they are indeed his cars — to New Zealand. There's a large gray market for collectors cars attended to mostly by people who don't like to talk about their craft, so we're not expecting a response.

It's possible there's another collector in the world with the same mix of rare cars who never drove them and decided to put them up for sale. if it's true, we want to meet this collector.

Link to see all the cars http://ferraricollectionforsale.com/

[Source : Jalopnik]
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Begs the question, would you want to buy an F40 that has never been driven? Clicked through to the site and it said, "delivery miles only" with 23 years.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Begs the question, would you want to buy an F40 that has never been driven? Clicked through to the site and it said, "delivery miles only" with 23 years.
If I had enough money, most definitely. You have it recommissioned and you've got a brand new F-40 that you can drive. But it will cost a premium over a good one that doesn't need recommissioning.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

post #4 of 8 Old 11-11-2010, 04:25 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
post #5 of 8 Old 11-16-2010, 01:19 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
Hi Mike
I have lurked in the shadows for sometime. I've never felt the need to post as I'm a long way from owning the white manual 355 I dream about. Have you any idea where in New Zealand this collection is "Supposedly" housed? Would love to check it out though I admit to being a little dubious as N.Z is a very small country and I'm aware of at least one Enzo here and an F40 that used to live here But was shipped to Australia some time ago. Would be awesome to see this collection though being an avid lifelong fan of Maranellos offerings.
Any information would be massively appreciated, cheers Charles
post #6 of 8 Old 11-16-2010, 01:22 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
That would also make two yellow se30's currently for sale in little old N.Z......Would love for this to be true
post #7 of 8 Old 11-20-2010, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie munace View Post
Have you any idea where in New Zealand this collection is "Supposedly" housed?
Hi Charles, unfortunately I dont know exactly where in NZ the cars are located. The website doesn't list any details (for obvious reasons) but only allows one to send a message to them and they will get in touch with you. On the Autoblog site they reported that the broker is based in NZ but it's rumoured that the car collection is sitting in Singapore but majority of articles say it's in NZ???
post #8 of 8 Old 12-03-2010, 02:42 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie munace View Post
Hi Mike
I have lurked in the shadows for sometime. I've never felt the need to post as I'm a long way from owning the white manual 355 I dream about. Have you any idea where in New Zealand this collection is "Supposedly" housed? Would love to check it out though I admit to being a little dubious as N.Z is a very small country and I'm aware of at least one Enzo here and an F40 that used to live here But was shipped to Australia some time ago. Would be awesome to see this collection though being an avid lifelong fan of Maranellos offerings.
Any information would be massively appreciated, cheers Charles

Not in NZ, but SG

It's an instant classic. It's an iron fist in a velvet glove. It's a Ferrari.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode