Suzuka, Japan F1 in 2010 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-09-2010, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Suzuka, Japan F1 in 2010

Just turned on TV and they are showing the F1 live. Weather has been a potential problem (rain and storm), but turned out to be fair weather. Renault is gone with troubles. w/ smiles Jimmy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Just turned on TV and they are showing the F1 live. Weather has been a potential problem (rain and storm), but turned out to be fair weather. Renault is gone with troubles. w/ smiles Jimmy
Podium in Japan and Alonso in position to get the world championship title for Ferrari!!!

Great helicopter shooting of the Suzuka track and surroundings. Made me think of going back to Japan for a good look around. I was in Yokohama and Tokyo 24 years ago to do a four month course in Japanese. I loved it all and it made me a Japan fan. I was on a student budget though and never had the means to see the rest of the country. My dream is to spend some time in Hokkaido and then see some of southern Japan.

Kyotsukute!

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-11-2010, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
Podium in Japan and Alonso in position to get the world championship title for Ferrari!!!

Great helicopter shooting of the Suzuka track and surroundings. Made me think of going back to Japan for a good look around. I was in Yokohama and Tokyo 24 years ago to do a four month course in Japanese. I loved it all and it made me a Japan fan. I was on a student budget though and never had the means to see the rest of the country. My dream is to spend some time in Hokkaido and then see some of southern Japan.

Kyotsukute!
Looks like your Japanese is still sharp ! Did not realize your earlier encounter with this country. So that is another item on your bucket's list. w/ smiles Jimmy

post #4 of 8 Old 10-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 473
Jimmy

You should have been at the track to watch the race in person not on TV :-) I have often been in Japan but always managed to miss the F1 race dates!

Dermot

Current Ferrari owned: Red Scuderia
Past Ferrari's owned : 355, 360 stick, 360 F1, Challenge Stradale, 550 Marenello

www.ceoproject.com "The Science of CEO Effectiveness"
post #5 of 8 Old 10-12-2010, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermot View Post
Jimmy

You should have been at the track to watch the race in person not on TV :-) I have often been in Japan but always managed to miss the F1 race dates!

Dermot
I know what you mean, Dermot. Just a lazy bum. As a matter of fact, I do not even belong to any Ferrari Clubs here. On the other hand, if there were more casual C & C (like the one in California), I would love to attend. Nevertheless, one of these days, when I have less responsibilities (ie. set free), I would be there in person to take in all that excitement of F1. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #6 of 8 Old 10-12-2010, 05:16 AM
Owner

Quote:
Looks like your Japanese is still sharp ! Did not realize your earlier encounter with this country. So that is another item on your bucket's list. w/ smiles Jimmy
Unfortunately my once very modest Japanese is now next to inexistent due to the short stay in Japan and the fact that it was 24 years ago. The food is fortunately something I can relive every time I find a good Japanese restaurant in Europe. Nobu is one of my favourite chefs/restaurants. Before leaving Japan I was invited to a fugu sitdown. Unfortunately I had to decline and I still regret it this day. Next time I shall try to re-befriend the same kind contacts to see if I can finally experience it.

In Hokkaido I would like to meet up with local hunters and fishermen to exchange impressions and try to eat as much traditional Hokkaido food as possible.

Ciao, Capo

Salve,
Capo

post #7 of 8 Old 10-12-2010, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Capolino View Post
Unfortunately my once very modest Japanese is now next to inexistent due to the short stay in Japan and the fact that it was 24 years ago. The food is fortunately something I can relive every time I find a good Japanese restaurant in Europe. Nobu is one of my favourite chefs/restaurants. Before leaving Japan I was invited to a fugu sitdown. Unfortunately I had to decline and I still regret it this day. Next time I shall try to re-befriend the same kind contacts to see if I can finally experience it.

In Hokkaido I would like to meet up with local hunters and fishermen to exchange impressions and try to eat as much traditional Hokkaido food as possible.

Ciao, Capo
Boy, I must say you dd acquire exquisite culinary taste for Japanese food, Capo ! I would not touch "Nobu" with a ten foot pole (unless I have an exquisite date, of course). Never been to one myself, but am aware of the exquisite cost too. Anyway, I am not much of a gourmet myself, but people here are picky and crazy when it comes to eating, it is a passion. I did hear before that somewhere in Swiss (Geneve ?) that there's this Japanese restaurant (exquisite) owned and run by a Japanese couple who where they serve genuine Japanese culinary. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #8 of 8 Old 10-12-2010, 06:48 AM
Owner

Quote:
Boy, I must say you dd acquire exquisite culinary taste for Japanese food, Capo ! I would not touch "Nobu" with a ten foot pole (unless I have an exquisite date, of course). Never been to one myself, but am aware of the exquisite cost too. Anyway, I am not much of a gourmet myself, but people here are picky and crazy when it comes to eating, it is a passion. I did hear before that somewhere in Swiss (Geneve ?) that there's this Japanese restaurant (exquisite) owned and run by a Japanese couple who where they serve genuine Japanese culinary. w/ smiles Jimmy
I must look that restaurant up next time in Geneva, thanks! Nobu makes a specially marinated cod which is slowly cooked at very low temperature. It is delicious. You can eat much but still feel light n' right again in no time.
Capo

Salve,
Capo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode