My 348 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-24-2010, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
My 348

I went out this week to take pictures of my baby.

As well the last one is me, 65 lbs lighter.....

~

Mario
Attached Images

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-24-2010, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

More pictures

~

Mario
Attached Images

1990 348 TS (87284)

post #3 of 9 Old 09-24-2010, 04:58 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 768
Nice pics.
Thanks.

post #4 of 9 Old 09-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Maybe Ferrari is "too stressful" for you so much that you had to shed the weight ??? (Sorry, Mario...had to kid a bit). Looking fantastic, all in all.
w/ smiles Jimmy
post #5 of 9 Old 09-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 123
Gorgeous!!!

"Monica" F430 Spider (Sexy Curvy & Italian)
post #6 of 9 Old 09-26-2010, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Thanks guys, well when I bought her the seat was very tight on the sides (I had lost only 20 lbs or so)....almost a pain to be sitting in it. Now I fit perfect....

it's amazing how bigs I was, I'm the same size now as I was 18 years or so. I'm 210 and I want to lose about 15-25 more then start training.

I need to get bigger arms and legs for shifting, turning the non power assist and clutching....HAHAHA....

But seriously, I'm so in love with this car....I installed the audio, it's nice and clean and I changed both battery terminals....damn, the + was just pushed in and both terminal wires had green rust on them. Now she starts better.

I changed the glove cylinder and need to fix the radio flap, it doesn't stay up at all. I also ordered the one for the middle console as it too does not stay up.

My last 3 items to do is check the wiring going to both doors. When I lift the passenger glass when it get to the top, the last inch, the friction of the window seal makes the fuse blow. So I have to open the door on the passenger side, roll the last inch up then close the door and the same to open the first inch.

The second is to change the driver door driver window switch (received from Ricambi).

The last item is to have the passenger floormat cut and the contour broidery in red done where it will be cut, the portion that goes up over the kick panel so I can install the Hill Engineering 348 plate.

I did the pedal set and dead pedal and all looks really sharp (from Hill again) but I was not impressed with the lack of proper bolts (some not long enough, some philips and some allen) and they could have added a few more 2-3 bolts per kit. For the price you pay, a few extra bolts is nothing cost wise.

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

post #7 of 9 Old 09-26-2010, 05:54 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Mario, the car is impressive, but I'm really much more impressed by your loss of weigh!

Seriously, a bit congrats for your determination! Perhaps it is even harder to lose weigh then to get a Ferrari......... You look 10 years younger - and I guess you feel 10 years younger as well!

I specially liked the last picture, the 348 has a nice silhouette, so much lower than the sports cars that are currently produced.

I just miss the cavallino attached to the front grill - where did it go!?
post #8 of 9 Old 09-26-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stile - alpine View Post
Mario, the car is impressive, but I'm really much more impressed by your loss of weigh!

Seriously, a bit congrats for your determination! Perhaps it is even harder to lose weigh then to get a Ferrari......... You look 10 years younger - and I guess you feel 10 years younger as well!

I specially liked the last picture, the 348 has a nice silhouette, so much lower than the sports cars that are currently produced.

I just miss the cavallino attached to the front grill - where did it go!?

Thanks Stile,

The first 2 weeks were hard to get adjusted because I had to learn how to cook again because I dont like packaged foods and didn't want to go that route to lose weight.

I was told I look younger and if feels weird to hear that (even if it's cool to hear it). I have tons of energy now and can actually play with my daughter for more than 15 mins without almost passing out...LOL

The car is originally from the US and had a front plate on it. I can tell because there are bracket marks where the holes are so I guess that's the reason why it didn't have a front Cavallino.

I will be removing the front grill, sandblasting it and repainting it and when I'm done, I will put a new Cavallino there.

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

post #9 of 9 Old 10-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,733
Looks fantastic Mario

Many congratulations!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page