question regarding replacement wheels - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-23-2010, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
question regarding replacement wheels

I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I have a 360 spider , black on black, and I'm wanting to upgrade the tire/wheel package and looking for advise where to start. I live in Texas and don't know where to look here. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMHUNTER View Post
I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I have a 360 spider , black on black, and I'm wanting to upgrade the tire/wheel package and looking for advise where to start. I live in Texas and don't know where to look here. Thanks for the help.
Ramhunter!

My 360 was great with 19" 225 front and 19" 285 rear. I had Hamann wheels but I think the Challange Stradale wheels are the best looking.

Good luck!
Capo

Salve,
Capo

The bad news: Time flies
The good news: I'm the pilot

You cannot make life longer but you can make it wider and higher.
post #3 of 12 Old 09-23-2010, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Capo, thanks for the reply and I'm sure it does look great. I have 20" rears now and can't seem to find replacements for those. Looking for a black rim or carbon fiber like the HSE I believe I saw on this site once. thanks again

post #4 of 12 Old 09-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 23
Ramhunter,
I have a 360 Modena with Pirelli P-Zero's. 355/25-19 on the rears and 255/30-19 on the fronts. I have Novitec wheels which look awesome as my car is also black/black. Be very careful if you are thinking about 20" wheels. If you want to PM me I will gladly send you pictures and/or discuss. Pirelli is the only manufacturer that makes the 355/25 size. Car rides on rails with these. Pricey tires though as I just had new ones put on last weekend. Good luck with you search!
post #5 of 12 Old 09-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4italia View Post
Ramhunter,
I have a 360 Modena with Pirelli P-Zero's. 355/25-19 on the rears and 255/30-19 on the fronts. I have Novitec wheels which look awesome as my car is also black/black. Be very careful if you are thinking about 20" wheels. If you want to PM me I will gladly send you pictures and/or discuss. Pirelli is the only manufacturer that makes the 355/25 size. Car rides on rails with these. Pricey tires though as I just had new ones put on last weekend. Good luck with you search!
Wow!
Have you taken it to a track? Very interested how it compares with e.g. a standard F430. How fast can you comfortably go in the wet? I'd love to see a photograph.

Take care!
Capo

Salve,
Capo

post #6 of 12 Old 10-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Owner

Ramhunter,
These are some pictures of my car with the Novitec wheels and the Pirelli tires. Car handles fantastic with this setup. I have never tracked it yet but I would love to give it a go one day. Closest track to me is out side of Pittsburgh Pa. or Mid Ohio. I really love the black color. Car also has the carbon fiber sport seats and a Tubi exhaust. Enjoy the pics!
Attached Images

post #7 of 12 Old 10-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Owner

My apologies Ramhunter! Kind of a newbie here. I mean't the reply for il Capolino. Enjoy anyway!
post #8 of 12 Old 10-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Owner

Quote:
My apologies Ramhunter! Kind of a newbie here. I mean't the reply for il Capolino. Enjoy anyway!
It looks so good! The wheels are classy and the grand dimensions don't look exaggerated. Don't sell it!

Capo

Salve,
Capo

post #9 of 12 Old 10-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 123
I just love Black Ferrari's!!!! Those wheels look awesome!
I am getting 19" Challenge wheels put on my Black Modena tomorrow morning. I can't wait. Stand by for pics!

"Monica" F430 Spider (Sexy Curvy & Italian)
post #10 of 12 Old 10-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Owner

I detail cars for a hobby and nothing looks better than black when it is clayed, polished, waxed and buffed. Like a mirror! I am considering selling the car though. Would like to either get a 360 Spyder, Stradale or a 430 Spyder. If anyone is interested PM me. 2 kids in college doesn't help the Ferrari account multiply. Painful!!!!
post #11 of 12 Old 10-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 123
Quote:
I detail cars for a hobby and nothing looks better than black when it is clayed, polished, waxed and buffed. Like a mirror! I am considering selling the car though. Would like to either get a 360 Spyder, Stradale or a 430 Spyder. If anyone is interested PM me. 2 kids in college doesn't help the Ferrari account multiply. Painful!!!!
Bro, Your car is gorgeous! I wouldn't sell it!! esp for another 360, CS, Spyder or even a F430. What I plan to do is keep mine until the 458's get within reach!!! And yes, it'll be Black!

"Monica" F430 Spider (Sexy Curvy & Italian)
post #12 of 12 Old 10-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Owner

Yea it's a tough call. I still think the 360 is slightly more stylish than the 430 but I would like to have the upgrades the 430 has. More horsepower being number one. I would also like to try the F1 shifts and the spyder version of the 430. Then again I love the rawness of a Stradale as well as all the carbon fiber in the interior. Ferrari does not make it easy to choose. I also agree with you that in two years the price on a 430 Spyder will definitely be even more affordable. I am thinking somewhere in the high 120K to 130K for a car that has mileage in the 15 to 25k range. Trouble is there are a lot of beautiful cars out there right now. Looked at a brand new Audi R8 Spyder tonight at the dealership. They wanted 186K. As beautiful as it was I would still buy a Ferrari first. There is no way you can beat the mystique behind them. Italians just know how to put the whole package together. I was at a car show last fall and a young girl who couldn't have been more than 18 years old looked at the car and said "That's a really sexy car". Young as she was even she saw it in the lines of the car. Timeless design!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode