Ferrari official website launched in Chinese (interesting observation) - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-30-2010, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 6
Ferrari official website launched in Chinese (interesting observation)

Ferrari today launched a Chinese-language version of its official site. What makes this interesting is that Chinese is now only the fourth language offered by Ferrari's website, but China is only 3% of total sales. Plus no one else is really doing it...

DETAILS: http://www.motobullet.com/news.php?id=10224 (motobullet)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
California sales will skyrocket.

on the more serious side, I believe that is where Ferrari will start to emphasise. BUT Ferrari's biggest fear should be knock-offs of their trademarks and copyrights...wait, China already is cloning that.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #3 of 5 Old 04-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
China is now into CARS (and parts). They are buying, selling, and manufacturing them. With only 3% in early sales, Ferrari is definitely hedging on their future in China.

There are now a few millionaires in China (albeit many in trouble with the law). With China's population now buying cars, they have become the number one importer of Buick, which is the most popular car in China. Oldsmobile is their second most popular car.

China bought Hummer from GMC.

China had a great turn-out for Shanghai's April 18th Formula One event, and their two independent Auto Shows were full of attendees as well.

China opened its first Ferrari dealership two years ago with Felipe Massa in attendance for the Grand Opening. A Special Edition (Chinese Red and Yellow) 599 was the first car sold.

Today, Gov. Arnold announced that China's BYD Electric Car Company's North American headquarters will be based in Los Angeles, CA.

Ferrari worried about Knock-offs? I'm sure you're right! China has a long way to go with automobile development (crash test videos available on YouTube), but all of their cars look like copies of other marques - right down to the name "CHErY" with an obscure letter R looking like a V.

Honda is now buying parts made in China for their (Honda's) cars built in Japan.

Here is a listing of the Top Ten Chinese car companies...
http://www.askmen.com/top_10/cars_200/222_car_list.html

Last edited by Neonzapper; 04-30-2010 at 02:34 PM.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
Neon: I agree mostly with your take. China was announced by Rolls Royce to probably surpass the UK in sales at/near the end of 2011.

China is getting better PR with the money they spread, and in a way, since we are their biggest customers, we are helping to spread that about manner of speaking.

My understanding was the Hummer deal fell through, http://www.businessweek.com/globalbi...r_setback.html

but the Volvo finalized.

The problem I see with any car from China [we are not talking export to, but from] is safety and specifications i.e. lasting.

If they have the scruples put poisons into food and use substandard material for major projects, I believe I will skip their less than Toyota attemps to take over any car world. I enjoy their local factories and especially in CA, but only if we supply the production pieces, which is highly suspect.

The ONLY plus, to having China produce vehicles here would be the safety and environmental laws, that might [perhaps] permiate back to the homeland.

time will tell.

Ferrari as others are banking on potentials and I believe they are calling them correctly.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #5 of 5 Old 04-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Good post, Granucci.

Thanks for the news on Hummer. Somehow I missed that, but I'm not surprised the deal fell through. I believe corrupt Chinese C.E.O.s are to blame, as that has become a standard business problem in China. After seeing the tank they're building over at the Great Wall Car Company, I find their "green" reasoning a bit skeptical.

And, to agree with you, China shows limited interest in managing Quality Control. But for whatever reason, America still imports much from them, regardless.

Here's a crash test video of the Chinese Chery Amulet...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kQGAK550LE

Oddly enough, only the drywall between the engine bay and the driver's crawl space had any damage. The lead paint buffed right out.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode