Ebay help selling parts?? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-26-2010, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
Ebay help selling parts??

I'm new at selling on Ebay. I listed a couple parts from a business that went under and even though they haven't been listed long only a couple people have even looked and no one has bid. If anyone has some Ebay experience can please take a peek and let me know if I'm doing something wrong? Should I have a buy it now on all the stuff?

I got the stuff for free and I made the shipping enough to cover my time so I don't really care what it sells for but I'm wondering if I went about it correctly?

Here is the auction number 150437440962. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vibrant-Performance-Ceramic-Core-Catalytic-Converter_W0QQitemZ150437440962QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ Race_Car_Parts?hash=item2306c52dc2
You can see my other three auctions as well. Sorry, nothing Ferrari. There is a 6HP 60 gal Shop Air Compressor I'm going to be selling for anyone in the midatlantic area.

I have a ton of other items I'm going to be listing and just want to know if I'm screwing up?

------------------------------

Life is Good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 460
Need better pics.... May be just the Categories you are using... Also give me more info on the air compressor--I may be interested....
post #3 of 12 Old 04-27-2010, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I just got the compressor last night. It appears to be single phase but I'm not positive. Didn't have time to examine it yet. It was still plumbed into the lines but someone had already disconected the electric? I'm racing this week so I won't have much time to play with it. I'll hook some juice to it and make sure it works next week sometime.

Should I have the items listed in a different catagory?

Life is Good!

post #4 of 12 Old 04-27-2010, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I lot of the stuff is tuner car parts. A bunch of fancy large diameter polished stainless glass packs and anodized aluminum stuff like you would expect to see on some kids suped up Civic. Fancy lightweight pulleys etc. Is there a good forum I should post a listing of the stuff on instead of Ebay?

Life is Good!
post #5 of 12 Old 04-27-2010, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I also got a 16 gal Pro Street plastic fuel cell w/sender if you know anyone that needs one

Life is Good!
post #6 of 12 Old 04-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
Not bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKRace View Post
I'm new at selling on Ebay. I listed a couple parts from a business that went under and even though they haven't been listed long only a couple people have even looked and no one has bid. If anyone has some Ebay experience can please take a peek and let me know if I'm doing something wrong? Should I have a buy it now on all the stuff?

I got the stuff for free and I made the shipping enough to cover my time so I don't really care what it sells for but I'm wondering if I went about it correctly?

Here is the auction number 150437440962. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vibrant-Performance-Ceramic-Core-Catalytic-Converter_W0QQitemZ150437440962QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ Race_Car_Parts?hash=item2306c52dc2
You can see my other three auctions as well. Sorry, nothing Ferrari. There is a 6HP 60 gal Shop Air Compressor I'm going to be selling for anyone in the midatlantic area.

I have a ton of other items I'm going to be listing and just want to know if I'm screwing up?

I've sold and bought cars on ebay, and that isn't too bad. I always offer to show the questions and answers at the bottom, makes for more honest hits.

I might be inclined to have a 'make offer' part, but understand ebay's new pricing policies are not what they used to be. Doubt you'll make anything on this, unless there is a riot bid at the end.

Your feedback is so small, that many might shy away...sometimes before I 'sell' I buy about 10-15 nonsense items to up my count. IF you wait enough time no one will be able to track your listings as they wear away.

I'm a bit diff. in that ALL my feedback shows the $$$ in the description for both BUY and SELL, that is my way of keeping track of how much [email protected] I've bought over the last decade....that's just me, but IF some of my finished deals are still in a link, people know I am truthful as the listing matches my feedback

LASTLY since you are a lower rated seller, this 'may appear to many as a scam'. Might be nice to show physical hands in the picture, or your cat or something ==know that sounds stupid, but does help.

BTW: I NEVER BID until the last 3-6 SECONDS on an auction. I use esnipe.com and go to sleep....if I win, which I always do for the items I want, I never have to be bidding my intentions right away for others to see:

THAT may be what realy bidders are doing to your listing. Posting MORE pics means you probably have the item.

OFFER to send more pics to honest bidders

ALWAYS threaten lower/negative or dead-beat bidders as that shows you are serious and honest...then again, I did have a very fun auction on this one...which I did just for shucks and giggles.

Note the price and number at almost 800 hits then again, it was a sense of humor which SOME got and others were outraged. FINAL sale price: $5 for a fake corn flake
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Missing WMD corn flake _ about size of Bush's brain - eBay (item 16022118067.pdf (283.2 KB, 189 views)

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Last edited by Granucci; 04-27-2010 at 10:44 AM.
post #7 of 12 Old 04-27-2010, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Owner

So far I've only had 16 views on two of the items and probably half were you guys looking to help me out. The other two items only have 3 or 4 views. For some reason people aren't even seeing my stuff? I didn't pay anything for any of it so I can't really lose money on the deal. That's why I didn't bother with a reserve.

I was thinking I might just open an Ebay Store for a couple months till I sell the shit since I can just stick a price on it and let it sit till it sells? I'll see how my test items do first.

Life is Good!
post #8 of 12 Old 04-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Owner

It's only up for a short time : Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKRace View Post
So far I've only had 16 views on two of the items and probably half were you guys looking to help me out. The other two items only have 3 or 4 views. For some reason people aren't even seeing my stuff? I didn't pay anything for any of it so I can't really lose money on the deal. That's why I didn't bother with a reserve.

I was thinking I might just open an Ebay Store for a couple months till I sell the shit since I can just stick a price on it and let it sit till it sells? I'll see how my test items do first.

never looked into ebay store: wondering how much overhead that will be.

but, you are either sounding like you really want to do more than just unload this free stuff: Like make a big profit, and, SOMEONE out there certainly can ben. from your listings, however, specialized they are...One cat?, can be a great bargain as the other items, but time will tell

I've learned to be patient, but I certainly would have made the reserve about $10-20 for me.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #9 of 12 Old 04-27-2010, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Owner

It looked like the store only costs $15 per month? Not sure if you could go month to month or have to make some sort of commitment? I'm thinking it might work better for the some of the specialized stuff I have to sell. I sort of built in the reserve into the shipping. I'm very surprised no one has even bid .02 on any of the items since I had no reserve or starting bid?

Life is Good!
post #10 of 12 Old 04-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Owner

Not everyone needs a CAT so thinking a store IS a great idea.

I have several items that are high end in the collect/art category and I'm sure it'll go fast or sit there: Store sounds good...but mine will have a reserve.

will be checking on this, and I would NOT sell that baby for < $20, but at no reserve, you may be in trouble.

Think about delisting due to some 'misinformation' buy a store front, and relist starting at a decent value. one cent IMO doesn't make sense unless wanting to 'try' and get crazy bidding going.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #11 of 12 Old 04-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
I would add a few more views and definitely expand upon the cell count, applications, etc.

Also this is a tough seller's market. Things do not sell fast.

Try 30 day non-auction listings.

Just have to be patient.

I hope my advice is a catalyst for your sales.
post #12 of 12 Old 04-30-2010, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I got a few bids on the cat and no bids on the other items but 1 person is watching the flywheel so there's hope. I'd sure hate to sell a new $300 flywheel for two cents. I might have to bid on it myself if that happens! The cat is already up to $15 plus shipping so I'll let that go.
If the test auctions don't go well I'll try to figure out how to do the 30 day sale.

The next item to list is a new 16 gal plastic fuel cell with foam and sender!

Life is Good!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode