I want my Ferrari to shine - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 Old 04-18-2010, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
I want my Ferrari to shine

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum. I have a new black Ferrari and I want it to shine like no other. What is the best wax?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 04-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Congratulations. Swissvax is very good. Expensive but worth it.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 55 Old 04-19-2010, 07:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
What car did you buy and what area do you live? Post some pics of your new toy. We can make some good recomendations depending on where you are located.

------------------------------

Life is Good!

post #4 of 55 Old 04-19-2010, 06:02 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 190
A waxes shine is dependent on the polished finish. Imo.
post #5 of 55 Old 04-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Hi Jadams5637 and welcome to Ferrari Life:

ZAINO Just go with Zaino from the first step (Z wash, clay bar prep) through the last process - all with microfiber towels. You'll think you had it clearcoated a few times.

Michael

http://www.zainostore.com/

PS - (I came back to this post to add 2 more tips) - Get "Tire Black" or similar silicone spray from any auto supply store. Use this on all black rubber parts such as tires, bumpers, and mirror stems (if applicable), and the spare tire. Once the car is shiny, you'll want to finish it off with shiny black rubber as well. I believe I have won some of the show awards (trophies, plaques) because the cars in my class didn't bother to enhance the dull tires or bumpers when they washed the car. It really adds to the detailing. In the picture, you'll see how I turned the wheels all the way to the right. It's another trick to make the jet black tires stand out.
Attached Images

Last edited by Neonzapper; 04-20-2010 at 07:25 PM.
post #6 of 55 Old 04-20-2010, 06:21 PM

Your wax will look much better if the paint is polished.

Last edited by Brian_Brice; 04-20-2010 at 06:42 PM.
post #7 of 55 Old 04-20-2010, 06:33 PM

I do love Zaino, a friend of mine got me into it so I have used it on several paints. Rossa Corsa being probably the most common to receive Zaino's system, and yes it looks great, but would still look terrible had the micromarring i.e. swirl marks, buffer trails etc etc. not been properly removed.

Zaino is well known among professional detailers for it's longevity as well. The smell of every product are fantastic, if you were use the entire lineup, and spend a day sweating over your car, you will enter your home smelling very good thanks to zaino.

For a black ferrari I would consider what I wanted out of my lsp. In my opinion it's basically longevity (synthetic) vs. overall pop and wetness (glaze carnuaba wax combo).

If you plan on being very involved in keeping up with your car, on THAT particular car I would recommend something like Meguiars #7 topped with Natty's blue for ultimate wetness. Pinnacle Souveran is a great looking wax, p21s does as well.

Megs #7 is a glaze that's very easily applied and removed by hand. It adds depth and wetness, and is a huge compliment to a nuba wax. Wipe on in straight back and forth motion, then remove with quality microfiber. Remove as soon as you're done applying to a 2 x 2 section.

Natty's blue is very easy to use, just don't make the common mistake of using too much product or you will run into difficulties. Souveran is very easy to use, work in wipe off pretty simple.

Swissvax make's great waxes I'm sure, but I have little experience with them.

The main thing to know is that even brand new vehicles (pretty much every one of them) unfortunately require machine polishing to remove surface damage induced by multiple avenues. So if I am buying a black Ferrari, and I want it to look as good as it possibly can, I'm hiring a professional who knows how to polish ppg paint. Unless of course it's single staged. What year?
post #8 of 55 Old 04-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
Good advice from Brian Brice! Having had 3 black cars myself, this is VERY good advice! I especially like the tip about wiping it on in a straight back and forth motion. That is essential to keep in mind when detailing, because a circular motion can cause swirls. Also, his advice about wiping off as soon as you're done applying a small section is very important on a black car. Try not to do this in the hot sun if possible.

I've never heard of Swissvax until now, so I just checked out their website and was intrigued, so I ordered their printed Handbook http://www.swissvaxhandbook.com/index.html Thanks JazzyO for the recommendation.

Like KKRace said, post some pics for us (before and after shots)

Last edited by Neonzapper; 04-20-2010 at 07:09 PM.
post #9 of 55 Old 04-20-2010, 07:28 PM

Pretty much every action that involves contact with the paint should be straight back and forth motion at least that's been my opinion for quite some time. Washing, claying, waxing, whatever, it's all done in straight back and forth motion, and all done in sections, the purpose is to concentrate on a certain area to avoid being overwhelmed by the entire task at hand.

It's important to wash your vertical panels from the top down in straight motions, as opposed to along the body, for if you are to marr your finish the evidence isn't along the entire body panels. Use grit guards, get familiar with the two bucket method, then you'll get to the point where you realize the product is much less important than the technique and knowhow.

Avoid contact while drying as much as you can, flood the paint after washing, use quality waffle woven microfiber towels and blot dry, don't drag it across the paint work. If you use a drying medium which has no nap like an absorber or shammy, definitely limit the movement of contact between the two. lay the absorber on a panel, gently press down, lift up and wring out.
post #10 of 55 Old 04-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Owner

The OP seems to be absent here? His first post is just that he got a "black Ferrari". No model or year, no location or if it was new or used. This thread is starting to smell funny

Life is Good!
post #11 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKRace View Post
The OP seems to be absent here? His first post is just that he got a "black Ferrari". No model or year, no location or if it was new or used. This thread is starting to smell funny

I agree, kinda thought it was strange that he didn't specify which model, very uncharacteristic of a man who just purchased a new Ferrari.
post #12 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Owner

I think this post was BS, but on the other hand it would have fit right in the new Tech section in the drivers lounge!

Life is Good!
post #13 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I think this post was BS, but on the other hand it would have fit right in the new Tech section in the drivers lounge!

I don't like it when I waste valuable chicken pecking time to share my knowledge on a bs thread.
post #14 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 11:00 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 136
Quote:
Concur

Btw guys, I got a new Ferrari. What type of water is best to wash it with?
post #15 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexbroPA View Post
Concur

Very good question, and I prefer saliva.
post #16 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
I use san pelligrino, but i'm a snob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexbroPA View Post
Concur

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #17 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
FBI
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Brice View Post
I don't like it when I waste valuable chicken pecking time to share my knowledge on a bs thread.

I dont know about the original poster, But I sure appreciate your chicken pecking time!

I needed that info. Thank you sir.

Cheers!
post #18 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
I dont know about the original poster, But I sure appreciate your chicken pecking time!

I needed that info. Thank you sir.

Cheers!

In that case it was all worth while then.
post #19 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 06:10 PM

Considering the fact that at least one person has found the info I have shared useful I'll clarify a few minor details.

Flooding the paint

Remove your hose nozzle or trigger and decrease the water pressure about half way so a nice steady flow is coming out of the hose, but not spraying everywhere, kink the hose a little if need be. Starting from the top down flood the paint with a steady flow from the hose holding the hose 8-12 inches off the paint.

Move the hose down the body panel to toward the ground, if you are not splattering there is a large body of water being pulled by gravity to the ground. This will remove at least 80% of the water off the surface giving you much less opportunity to marr your paint.

If you flood the paint correctly you will be left with minimal water spots remaining which can easily be blotted dry with one or two towels.

Two Bucket Method

Pretty simple, use one bucket for your wash medium, the second fill with clean water for rinsing. After each panel washed dip your mit/sponge/mf in the rinse to remove contaminants before reentering to the clean solution bucket. By the end of your wash job, the soapy water should not have any sign of dirt or lack of foam, where the rinse bucket will have plenty of debris in the bottom thanks to you taking a simple effective approach to maintaining your finish and keeping it at it's highest potential.
post #20 of 55 Old 04-22-2010, 05:02 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Mine's Nero...always good to catch up on the details for detailing. Thanks for the tips!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode