http://www.exquisiteluxurycars.com

Best Regards,

Frederik Larsen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 03-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,627
I certainly have not heard of them but maybe someone in the area has.

That blue Lambo is very nice!
post #3 of 39 Old 03-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
when i looked up the address up on google maps and went to street view, sure looked like a trailer park to me. All the cars in the pics look like they are in an auction lot as well. Not too impressed with the website either. Oh, and i would never buy a car from al franken.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 39 Old 03-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,132
This guy already got busted for spaming that other ferrari board of which we do not speak.
post #5 of 39 Old 03-26-2010, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 18
I have been trying to seach the web for both the company name and this A. Franken, but nothing beside their website comes up.
He has offered me a salvage 360 at a very good price delivered to germany.
But i'm not sure if it's trustable.
post #6 of 39 Old 03-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Owner

Based upon what I found these guys seem to be bogus. Eastern Europeans doing business in cash only!

I would definitely stay away.
post #7 of 39 Old 03-27-2010, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcalo View Post
Based upon what I found these guys seem to be bogus. Eastern Europeans doing business in cash only!

I communicated a bit with the owner Michael Glas, and they accept money transfer, paypal and cash.

What is making me believe in it, is that they have an ok website, RMV seems to have done business with them, and they have an agent in germany.
post #8 of 39 Old 03-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Owner
Elite Member

I would recommend working through a legit escrow company, preferably a lawyer. When i sold my lambo we used my bank as the escrow agent. the buyer wired the money to my bank, they held it in escrow until the buyer's transport company picked up the car. When the transport company confirmed they had picked up the car, the bank released the funds to me. pretty hard to get screwed if that is done properly. Any legit seller will agree to this process.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 39 Old 03-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Owner
Elite Member

I would recommend working through a legit escrow company, preferably a lawyer. When i sold my lambo we used my bank as the escrow agent. the buyer wired the money to my bank, they held it in escrow until the buyer's transport company picked up the car. When the transport company confirmed they had picked up the car, the bank released the funds to me. pretty hard to get screwed if that is done properly. Any legit seller will agree to this process.

I would never release my funds to a seller unless i had car and/or title in hand. No matter their reputation.

post #10 of 39 Old 03-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Owner
Elite Member

I would never release my funds to a seller unless i had car and/or title in hand. No matter their reputation.

post #11 of 39 Old 03-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Owner

Wetpet,

You are stuttering!

Don't ever transfer $ to a seller w/o an intermediary. Surest way to get shortchanged.

Be leary of consignment cars. Dealers do not hold the title and if you send $ to dealer there is no guaranty the $ will pay off the note! A local company has 39 felony complaints of taking $ but not paying title or sellers. He's going to jail for a long time.

With so many legitimate sellers in US why fool with these unknowns?

Try www.sportscarcompany.com. Jim Lyons is a superb person who I know well, and he will be very straight with you.
post #12 of 39 Old 03-27-2010, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

I get your point...

But in this situation the seller has asked for 25% in advance, to be sure that he is not sending the car to Germany, and not having a buyer.

We are talking about a salvage Ferrari 360 Modena from 2002 with 3500 miles for 26.000 including taxes and delivery in Germany.

Damages to the front and side, but only bodywork (hopefully)

My normal sense is saying to me that 26.000 is cheap, a bit to cheap maybe.

But I'm not familiar with the financial situation in Arizona/us, so i don't know the price of such a car in the us.
post #13 of 39 Old 03-28-2010, 04:03 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 300
Never buy a cheap Ferrari unless the seller is your friend there is no such thing as a bargain when it comes to exotic cars, listen to Gcalo he knows what he is talking about, or learn the hard way you do the math!

Good luck

Cheers
D
post #14 of 39 Old 03-28-2010, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcalo View Post

What and were did you find it?
post #15 of 39 Old 03-28-2010, 08:04 AM
Owner

I did a search in google using the address first and then checked another source I use that I keep close to the vest.

About 2 years ago I helped a person retrieve the title to a vehicle 9 months after he had paid for it! He transferred $175,000 to a consignment dealer who used the $ but did not pay the note!

The seller should have gone to jail but the local DA did not want to prosecute the matter! The seller was very lucky.

I believe that had I not gotten involved the matter may still not be settled today!

Don't do this especially since being out of USA you would have no cost effective recourse.

It's up to you. You have now good advice. Use it to your advantage.
post #16 of 39 Old 03-28-2010, 10:30 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 9
so there is an Agent in Germany and the car goes to Germany, why don"t you use the Agent in Germany for the payment?
post #17 of 39 Old 03-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
when i looked up the address up on google maps and went to street view, sure looked like a trailer park to me. All the cars in the pics look like they are in an auction lot as well. Not too impressed with the website either. Oh, and i would never buy a car from al franken.

He might be protecting the cars by burring them underground

+1 http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...359.99691&z=18

And worse. The number is opposite the Trailer Parks even numbered address, so it is a VACANT LOT.

Perhaps Luxury means Something different in Sierra Vista. But from the onset, this doesn't sound well.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #18 of 39 Old 03-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Owner

Does not look good either!

How do you spell "scam"?
post #19 of 39 Old 03-29-2010, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

I know it seems to be scam, but it also seems very professional.

A website, an address and phone number, and a agent in Germany.
They have ads on many sites and countries.

Either it's a good scam, or these guys really have a good business...
post #20 of 39 Old 03-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
as wet said, upon closer exam of the cars pictured, they look to be lifted from auctions, or other parking lots, etc. and NOT part of a legit company as all the pics are almost, in different settings/lots....

FLAG. Sorry, this sounds too familiar, and I'd call the BBB in the area or state police or such to see if it is legit...might be able to shut them down especially since they tout crossing state lines in money and transport.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode