USF1 - very faint light still shines? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-22-2010, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
USF1 - very faint light still shines?

This past Saturday, a (very) small light shone on USF1. BBC Sport reports that the FIA was contacted by USF1 and asked (to stay alive) if they could begin on May 9th, and miss the first 4 races of the 2010 season. They also don't think sponsors will hold out for a 2 week decision. More... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/8526137.stm

post #2 of 10 Old 02-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
that's a faint light: They had better hope it's not the train coming at them in the tunnel.

The lights are about out as one could hope: FIA already said they have to be in EVERY race to be in: Thinking "lites out"

Quote:
The FIA recently confirmed that any team missing a race would be in breach of the Concorde Agreement - relating to the terms by which teams compete in the series - and would be penalised.
But Anderson believes it would not be in the FIA's interests to punish his team and hopes president Jean Todt will look on his request sympathetically.
IF sympathy is their strategy, well, all the power to them. But honestly, they can't even seem to muster a car design.

Didn't we have enough chicanes with a few drivers last year? We don't want a Milka Duno on the course...we have enough problems. AND with Shumi back, Hami, Alanso, and Massa not to mention all the other favs I like, well, we need true racing not a grid of 10thou cars.
Attached Images

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Last edited by Granucci; 02-23-2010 at 11:04 AM.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-23-2010, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Yep (LOL) All the warning signs are there!
Attached Images

post #4 of 10 Old 02-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Owner

^ Hey, I noticed your LEMONS sig. Did you and Stack do that last year: He's a neat guy.

This is him in Bruce Cohn's [manager Doobie brothers and owner of BR Cohn winery here in Sonoma] Wiley do-over--awsome car---. This was when he had a film event at a ranch here in Sonoma.
Attached Images

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #5 of 10 Old 02-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Owner

^ Hey, I noticed your LEMONS sig.

Did you and Alan[sic] do that last year? Thought that was a hoot....would like to put together something for that.

This is where I met him, at a Sonoma Ranch site, near me, during the film festival. That's stackhouse in Bruce Cohn's [manager of the Doobie Brothers, and owner of BR Cohn winery here in Sonoma] in Bruce's re-doo of a Wiley. AWSOME CAR. can't even describe the detail and features.

BTW, that is Alan in the back seat of our Mondial T with his giraffe head sticking up taking picks of trip to coast...kinda funny, but all great guys. Couple other shots.
Attached Images

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:

Last edited by Granucci; 02-24-2010 at 09:06 AM.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-24-2010, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ha! That's a funny picture, but being 6'-03" myself, I remember riding a few times in the backseat of my BMW convertible 3 series that way (really a small car with high seats in the back), but my Z3 and Z4 didn't have giraffe-issues with my height and the top down.

No, I don't even know who that guy is, so I didn't mean to steal his line about Lemons. I thought of it myself. I sure do like that car, though!

I'm the Doobie Bros number one fan... saw them a few times in concert, saved my 1975 ticketstub to this day, bought the '82 Farewell Tour shirt (which I still have - never worn) at one of their concerts, got their DVD, got some pics of myself on Pacific Ave. in Chinatown, S.F. exactly where their album photo was taken, bought a Gibson SG because that's what Tom played, and watched his daughter's fantastic performance on something like, 'Star's of the Kids' TV show, got Pat Simmons album (with '80s short haircut), got their big brown guitar music book, played D.B. covers in a local band when I was younger, and was just their number one fan.

Anywho... Does he still have that signature line? Dang! I thought it was MY idea

And, is that your garage? Awesome garage!

Last edited by Neonzapper; 02-24-2010 at 08:21 PM.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-26-2010, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I got my issue of Road and Track today. What's inside? A sad interview with Peter Windsor.

post #8 of 10 Old 02-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonzapper View Post
Ha! That's a funny picture, but being 6'-03" myself, I remember riding a few times in the backseat of my BMW convertible 3 series that way (really a small car with high seats in the back), but my Z3 and Z4 didn't have giraffe-issues with my height and the top down.
He was such a sport. He would face backward and take picks of all the Ferraris behind me, as I were the leader. Such a big guy and such a small back seat.

Quote:
No, I don't even know who that guy is, so I didn't mean to steal his line about Lemons. I thought of it myself. I sure do like that car, though!
Chop had a site and got good PR. IT was a time he entered like a dozen Gremlins at the Pebble Beach/Monterey event last year

http://www.concoursdlemons.com/

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6545002/...ars/index.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/09/au...bble.html?_r=3

His site: NICE old car stuff. www.billetproof.com

Quote:
I'm the Doobie Bros number one fan... saw them a few times in concert, saved my 1975 ticketstub to this day, bought the '82 Farewell Tour shirt (which I still have - never worn) at one of their concerts, got their DVD, got some pics of myself on Pacific Ave. in Chinatown, S.F. exactly where their album photo was taken, bought a Gibson SG because that's what Tom played, and watched his daughter's fantastic performance on something like, 'Star's of the Kids' TV show, got Pat Simmons album (with '80s short haircut), got their big brown guitar music book, played D.B. covers in a local band when I was younger, and was just their number one fan.
WELL, How is it I see them every year, about two miles from my house, in the vineyards and NOT YOU

check out Bruce's site for past and up come events. You can just about touch the performers, shorts, and tropical shirts only in the Olive grove.

VERY nice two day even and always go:
1. Charity car classic: http://brcohn.com/carclassic/index.asp

2. check out the stage and us dancing in front: http://brcohn.com/concerts/gallery.asp
Last year we had Journey and a few locals like Taj Mahal [all great]
Year before was with 3 dog night, and Huey Lewis and the news. 3 dog, gave DB their first gig as a backup band and DB gave HL his as a backup to them...small world. Local kids makes good.

Quote:
Anywho... Does he still have that signature line? Dang! I thought it was MY idea
He typically does, but won't probably until the next Quail, Concorso, and PB in Aug.

Quote:
And, is that your garage? Awesome garage!
Could of been. here is a google map of that property and what [was] mine. Should have kept the farm [see below... ]

Quote:
I got my issue of Road and Track today. What's inside? A sad interview with Peter Windsor.
Bad part is, he'll be back at SPEED and having to face the players live with his sad face on....yes, sad indeed. BUT, he's baaacccckkkk.
Attached Images

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:

Last edited by Granucci; 02-26-2010 at 04:32 PM.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-27-2010, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Granucci - Where do I begin???

I am shtoooooopified ! Uh, I don't know where to start. I've seen almost all of those guys in concert a few times, but it was mostly back in the day. Of course, I saw the Doobies a few times AFTER their '82 Farewell Concert Tour, too (I still have that shirt)...again with Michael McDonald, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, etc., and then again when Tommy Johnston got back (great pictures of him with his daughter singing) with Patrick Simmons. That Paul Reed Smith guitar Tommy's playing was made here in Maryland.

Nice piece of land you had there, and beautiful area! Such a scenic background to the stage! It's been snowing almost every day (like right now) here, and makes me appreciate the photos even more than usual. It doesn't take a genius to know you had prime property. You must have made a bundle on the sale. Congratulations!

The cars look great, too. Not to muck this thread, but the owner of that site on "da other side" you mentioned in the gripe thread is totally against "kitcars" and would make his comments well-known if you posted pics of Cohn's beautiful car over there, ignoring the craftsmanship.

And, you are right about Peter Windsor back at the SPEED Channel. His ego is so big, that he probably bathes in the delight of having almost been in F1 contention (the way he most likely sees himself).

Take care my friend!

Michael

post #10 of 10 Old 03-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Owner

Quote:
The cars look great, too. Not to muck this thread, but the owner of that site on "da other side" you mentioned in the gripe thread is totally against "kitcars" and would make his comments well-known if you posted pics of Cohn's beautiful car over there, ignoring the craftsmanship.
I don't or will no post 'over there' again. Even if personally called out.

I respect Bruce too much to take liberty with posting his car[s] pics without his permission. Actually, Stackhouse would only post as part of the thread concerning that particular event.

Bruce and a bucnh of his buddirs to include some of the Doobies, displayed their vehicles at the winery during the last Doobie charity event in '09. I took a bunch of pics, but will not be posting.

As for the ranch sale: Hind sight is 20-20....should have kept it, and would have been much happier...or, who knows. Never can predict history. We are doomed to observer, but not understand the future do to our own design...ya'da yada.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode