Kyosho 1:12 F40's part swaps from LW to reg F40 & reverse - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-08-2010, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 22
Kyosho 1:12 F40's part swaps from LW to reg F40 & reverse

Kyosho 1:12 F40's part swaps from LW to reg F40 & reverse
I just started a second venture with my yosho 1:12 F40's. Making COMPLETE conversion from regular / common look F40 to lightweights. I am doing this with of cousre the yellow F40 and blk one. The first to be done is the easier the Yellow , because it already has the blk seats.

I will post photo's and explanations. NOT something everyone car do if you never built models etc, steady hand forsure. To makesure you break the glued areas but not the tabs or parts themselves. And removing the engine parts his to say the least tricky.Re-install should be fun.

ALSO: I have taken 2 kyosho yellow 1:12 F40's apart. Both still apart one waiting for just a seat colour swap to red possiblily. Another into likely total lightweight, or at least the exhuast and rims

My other one in my first experience broke the rear lift gate glass , because I lost focus of what needed to be done first and because of hidden attachments .Second car went easy no problems.

So I took out interior and dash for separte display.
And COMPLETE engine with suport framing and complete rear axle assenbly , so I left one wheel on the other off and mirror underneath. I used the 2 front tires as spares in 2 of my other 1:12's and used the rears with the engine display.

I tell you that engine makes a SUPER COOL display even better then the pocher 1/8th motor because it is more complete and better done , UNLESS you take the pocher 1/8th and add all the photo-etch parts etc to it. So does the Blk interior .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
yes, photos.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #3 of 9 Old 02-08-2010, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Lightweight engine parts out

I will try to describe the photo's
Attached Images

post #4 of 9 Old 02-08-2010, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

PHOTO #1....REMOVED PARTS.

PHOTOS #2,3 & 4....TOOLS BEST TO USE.THE SMALLEST JEWERLER SCREW DRIVER FILED DOWN TO SHARP EDGE. DO NOT RECOMMEND XO-KNIVES ETC.

AND LOTS OF GREAT LIGHTING RIGHT IN WERE YOU NEED TO WORK. DO NOT PROP THAT HOOD / SUPPORT THAT HOOD WITH IT STOCK PROP-ROD AND NOT TOO HIGH OR YOU CHIP PAINT OFF TO HATCH HINGES.

I USED THE DAMAGE BLUE PLASTIC TOOL AS A SAFER GENTLIER PROD-ROD. LIGHT I USED THER BASE SLIDES UNDER MANY DIECAST OR JUST BOOST UP YOURS CARA LITTLE HIGHER FOR IT TO BE USED AND THE LIGHT PART CAN EXTEND OUT FURTHER FOR EVEN WIDER PROJECTS.

PHOTO #5....LIGHTWEIGHT PARTS REQUIRED FOR SWAP.

PHOTO #6....THE PARTS YOU NEED TO REMOVE. BESIDES THE CHROME EXHAUST PARTS IN PHOTO #5.

PHOTO #7....TWO ATTACHMENT POINTS ON EXHAUST HEADERS TO BREAK PARTS LOOSE FROM.

PHOTO #8 & 9....TOP SHIELD AND BOTTOM SHIELDS NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM THIS CROSS MEMBER AND TURBO'S FROM A SPOT POINTED OUT BY THE WHITE POINTER. TURBO HAS A FEW ATTACHMENT POINTS TO BREAK LOOSE.

PHOTO #10 & 11....ONCE ALL ATTACHMENT POINTS ARE TAKEN APART , ANOTHER VERY TRICKY PART TRYING TO REMOVE THE TURBO SYSTEM & ITS PIPES FROM BEHIND THAT CROSS MEMBER SUPPORT, BY PUSHING IT BACK / TOWARDS FRONT OF CAR AND TILT UPWARDS AND TURBO END.

AND AT SAME TIME PUSHING DOWN ON THE BOTTOM SECTIONS OF THOSE 2 INTERCOOLERS. I POINTED TO THE PASSENGER SIDE ONE WITH THE RIGHT FINGER IN PHOTO #10

PHOTO #11....YOU HAVE TO CAREFULLY PUSH DOWN ON THE BOTTOM HAFTS OF THE BOXES WITH THE AIR INTERCOOLER LIE ON TOP OF.

PRESS DOWN TOO HARD AND YOU BREAK THE RED PAINTED AREA AND OR IT'S ATTACHMENT POINTS UP INSIDE THE CAR'S BODY.

PHOTO #12....SHOWS MY ENGINE USED FOR DISPLAY, A REGULAR VERSION COMMPLETE WITH FRAME SUPPORT AND AXLE ASSEMBLY. I ALSO USED IT TO BETTER SEE WHAT NEED TO BBE DONE FOR THE lw PART REMOVAL.

Last edited by F40&288GTO; 02-08-2010 at 10:28 PM.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-10-2010, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

LW

Don't want to confuse you folks . I am not making a complete LW, not a LM. I am just making those 2 - 1:12 , F40's not already LW into LW, just buy parts swapping.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Owner

ok, understood, and I guess it works....as that is prob. what the maker did anyway.

BTW: Franklin mint makes a pick? They are almost getting to be SnapON

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #7 of 9 Old 02-11-2010, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

hummm !!!!!

not sure what you are trying to say there ???... that franklin mint partially broken pick is what i decided to use to hold up hatch instead of reliing on it's stock prop rod , just during my disasemblily
post #8 of 9 Old 02-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by F40&288GTO View Post
not sure what you are trying to say there ???... that franklin mint partially broken pick is what i decided to use to hold up hatch instead of reliing on it's stock prop rod , just during my disasemblily
I know, didn't know the mint made special picks is all. NICE job BTW.

I love the detail that comes in the model. Had a scale engine model, but although it looked good from the outside, I would have loved it if it were able to break down into all its component parts.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #9 of 9 Old 02-11-2010, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

ya those picks are in different colours and only come with there diecast.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode