One site I belong to requires referral from an existing member. The problem with that, of course, is that it prevents total outsiders from joining.
Perhaps they should have to get 3 out of 4 questions right by typing a response. Or maybe a multiple choice quiz of 4-8 questions, chosen randomly from a greater selection, and the computer automatically grades it so you don't have to? And if they don't know it, they can hit "refresh" to generate a different selection of questions. Here are a few I thought of, with some multiple choice answers for those where it might apply.
- What is your favorite Ferrari, and why? (If answer is really bad grammar or too short, then it's wrong)
- What was the car that Don Johnson drove in the later seasons of his most famous show, and what color was it? (This question has as few google-able terms possible, to make a google search a little more difficult)
- What brand of wheels did 308s come with? (There are three correct answers, and any Italian car fanatic could correctly guess at least one of them.)
- In what years was the 308/328 model available with an automatic transmission? (Trick question)
- What was the name of the person who started the Ferrari company?
- How many cylinders did Ferraris traditionally have?
- How many cylinders do most modern Ferraris have?
- What badge does the 206/246 and some 308 GT4s wear?
- Where does that name come from?
a) Italian city b) famous race horse c) Italian fighter pilot d) a relative
- What makes the 206/246 Dino different from all other Ferrari road cars?
a) automatic transmission b) four seats c) V10 d) none of the above
- "Oh no, there's a sharp object in my Cream of Wheat!" is a bad joke referring to what?
a) Ferrari's engines b) Ferrari's electrical systems c) Ferrari's tires d) Ferrari's bodywork
- Where is the engine located in a Ferrari 360?
a) in the front b) behind the seats c) behind the rear axle d) none of the above
- What is Rosso Corsa
a) an Italian city b) a Racing Circuit c) a color d) Ferrari's racing team name
- Which of the following is NOT a Ferrari model?
a) 328 b) 348 c) 356 d) 456
- Which of the following cars is a Ferrari?
(and show four or more pictures of red cars -- a 355 or 308, Lotus Esprit, Lamborghini Jalpa or Urraco, Maserati Merak, Lancia Montecarlo, Corvette)
- Which of these is NOT associated with Ferrari?
(and show photos of the following badges: chrome cavallino, PF shield type badge, SF shield, and blue/white DeTomaso badge)
Okay, that's what I have off of the top of my head. Some food for thought. By the way, if you use anything from this thread at all, make sure you delete or modify it from the forum so people can't find it through google!