Any dutch people here? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-07-2010, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
Any dutch people here?

I was wondering has anyone heard of this classic car dealer in the netherlands http://www.stolzeclassiccars.nl/ He's near Rotterdam in De Lier.
I believe the owner is called Joop Stolze. He is selling a few classic ferrari's along with many nice classics.
Personally i'm looking to buy a Porsche. But just wondering has anyone had any experience.

Thanks for your help, it's greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Several Dutch people on this board including myself.

Never heard of this guy but since I've been in the classic Ferrari market only for a couple of years, it is possible that it is a genuine good guy and I've just missed him for some reason.

His website does not instill me with confidence however: you can't tell me you can't hire a 15 year old to do you a reasonable looking website. And the description of that pathetic (sorry to be harsh but it is an ugly POS that doesn't look like the real thing in any way) 250 Cali replica... Hmmm. Then there's the 246GT, described as absolutely perfect. Even the lowres photo's tell me it is very, very, very far from perfect. The 330GT 2+2 "with completely new interior" is a joke - a very bad job indeed. I mean - to cover the wooden dashboard with leather????

In short - in 5 minutes I have seen enough to know why I hadn't heard of him, and I see no reason to get to know him. It is quite possible he has very happy customers, but when I buy I Ferrari I want to buy from the most knowledgeable people in the business.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 4 Old 01-08-2010, 12:48 PM
IPF
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 290
Hi Jacob,

Like Onno, I'm Dutch. The guy you're referring to I've heard of, but do not know him personally. So all I'm about to write is based on speculation and hearsay. Then again, I would doubt I'm far off here.

First off, purely based on pricing and speaking generically, there are very few countries where cars are more expensive than Holland, largely due to taxes. This also holds for the classics market (as a tangential). If you should happen to find a car at a (seeming) discount versus international price levels, you should seriously wonder why. The word "lemon" springs to mind...

As to the Ferrari's on mr Stolze's site, I would tend to agree with Onno, based on what a cursory inspection suggests.

Moreover, Stolze's reputation in the Porsche-community - which is where I think he's 'better' known (by more people, that is) and which is what you're interested in him for - is far from spotless. Apparently this guy specializes in US imports, but of the dubious kind. To the very knowledgeable, there might be the occasional 'find' in his backyard, but that would reportedly be the proverbial needle in / rather than the haystack. His whole operation and facility apparently exudes an air of disregard. Moreover, his customer service track-record is quite horrendous, as is his attitude towards fairly standard practices like PPIs and such.

Holland is a great country in many aspects, but some of its 'hidden gems' should stay hidden, I guess.

Cheers,
Irvin

A horse is a horse, of course, of course, and no one can talk to a horse of course. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister F.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-08-2010, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
Thanks for the input guys, it's cleared my mind a little. The dealer seemed suspicious, hence the post. And the 250 replica is a joke.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode