Michael Schumacher to sign for Mercedes? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 Old 12-13-2009, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,397
Michael Schumacher to sign for Mercedes?

Well, this is a real surprise to me and I would like to think that people in Maranello will burn his effigy if it goes ahead.

But apparently, Schumacher is more tied to Ross Brawn than Ferrari and it seems his neck has healed too... Of course, it is true that he has raced for Mercedes before, with Karl Wendlinger in Group C in the late '80ies.

http://in.reuters.com/article/topNew...44670720091212

The latest rumour is that he has a verbal agreement. Let's see what happens. Mercedes or not - it would liven up the grid if he did return. And he has everything to lose...

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 Old 12-13-2009, 04:29 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Well, this is a real surprise to me and I would like to think that people in Maranello will burn his effigy if it goes ahead.

But apparently, Schumacher is more tied to Ross Brawn than Ferrari and it seems his neck has healed too... Of course, it is true that he has raced for Mercedes before, with Karl Wendlinger in Group C in the late '80ies.

http://in.reuters.com/article/topNew...44670720091212

The latest rumour is that he has a verbal agreement. Let's see what happens. Mercedes or not - it would liven up the grid if he did return. And he has everything to lose...

Onno

Onno, I believe thats all press nonsense. But you never can really know 100%. If Michael would indeed come out of retirement at age 41 for Formula 1 racing in my very personal opinion it would be a very, very, very stupid decision.
post #3 of 64 Old 12-13-2009, 04:33 AM
IPF
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by 212Export View Post
Onno, I believe thats all press nonsense. But you never can really know 100%. If Michael would indeed come out of retirement at age 41 for Formula 1 racing in my very personal opinion it would be a very, very, very stupid decision.
Agreed, unless he somehow, miraculously manages to wrangle another victory or even championship from the vice-grip of youth... Unlikely, but God, would that be spectacular!

A horse is a horse, of course, of course, and no one can talk to a horse of course. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister F.

post #4 of 64 Old 12-13-2009, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quite possible it is nonsense, but we've had a couple of rumours that came true in recent F1 history - such as the Alonso deal and Schumacher promising a comeback for Ferrari (which didn't happen in the end but he did confirm it and tested on the Fiorano track).

Anyway - we'll see what happens. I certainly wouldn't do it if I was him, but there are other things he did which I wouldn't have.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 64 Old 12-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
This story has been going on for several months. There have already been confirmed meetings with ross brawn and mercedes. I think this story has legs. I think micheal left a little too early and was forced out by ferrari. i think he is itching to get back. I also think he can woop up on any one out there. We shall see. I'm all for it. micheal was always my favorite. Here are a couple of pics i took of him at the 2006 USGP. all photos shot from the stands.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Attached Images

post #6 of 64 Old 12-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
This story has been going on for several months. There have already been confirmed meetings with ross brawn and mercedes. I think this story has legs. I think micheal left a little too early and was forced out by ferrari. i think he is itching to get back. I also think he can woop up on any one out there. We shall see. I'm all for it. micheal was always my favorite. Here are a couple of pics i took of him at the 2006 USGP. all photos shot from the stands.
Completely agree!
post #7 of 64 Old 12-13-2009, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Owner

post #8 of 64 Old 12-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Great photos, wetpet!

Onno
x2, better than the stuff you see in the magazines.
post #9 of 64 Old 12-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Thanks guys. i have a hundred others. i will be spreading them around the forums as i get time. they are all also available as prints from me.

Used to post this stuff for years on another site. But all i got was called a troll and banned. Oh well. Guys who post no content whatever get to be mod!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 64 Old 12-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,203
I don't get it

How is Ferrari able to keep Kimi on 10Mill+ salary and him possibly going to another team while MS Is on retainer for Millions+ while going to drive for another team too.

Not that Ferrari can afford the loss in cash, but also now paying for competition!!!

am I wrong here?

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #11 of 64 Old 12-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Owner
Elite Member

post #12 of 64 Old 12-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Owner

carumba

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #13 of 64 Old 12-14-2009, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Owner

From Ferrari.com:

Montezemolo: “I haven’t spoken to Schumacher”

Maranello, 14 December 2009 – These days Michael Schumacher and his possible return to racing are being discussed a lot. On this subject Ferrari Chairman Luca di Montezemolo said at the sidelines of an interview with Reuters: “I still haven’t spoken to Schumacher, therefore I can’t say a lot about his future. He is a dear friend, but he’s not a member of the team. Naturally, if he decided to take another path, logically regarding our agreement this wouldn’t be valid anymore: you can’t continue working with us and for one of our competitors at the same time.”

Onno

post #14 of 64 Old 12-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 85
Glock Sure That Schumacher Planning F1 Comeback

By REUTERS
Published: December 15, 2009
Filed at 12:53 p.m. ET

LONDON (Reuters) - German driver Timo Glock is convinced compatriot Michael Schumacher will make a Formula One comeback with Mercedes next season and is looking forward to racing against him.
"There's still a lot of speculation but at the end he's just a crazy race driver, I would say, and wants to come back," the former Toyota driver told reporters at the launch of his new Virgin Racing team Tuesday.
"I think it's just not enough for him to just drive go-kart races or the Race of Champions at the end of the year. The flame is just still there, still burning in him and it's great for Formula One if he is coming back.
"I think it is quite obvious that he is coming back, for me as my personal feeling."
Glock made his Formula One debut as a stand-in with Jordan for four races in 2004, the year Schumacher won the last of his seven titles before retiring in 2006 with a record 91 wins.
He said it would be great to race him properly, with the sport's most successful driver 41 years old next year and likely to be far less dominant than in his heyday at Ferrari.
"For Formula One and the fans it's just a big boost again if a seven-time world champion comes back after three years out. It's just a mega highlight. A German driver in a German car, great for everyone," said Glock.
Ferrari, who have a consultancy agreement with Schumacher, said Monday they would not stand in his way of he wanted to race for Mercedes.
The Mercedes team -- formerly champions Brawn -- is run by Ross Brawn, the former Ferrari and Benetton technical director who helped Schumacher to all his titles.
Schumacher was forced to abort plans for a Formula One comeback with Ferrari because of fitness concerns in August.
He was due to replace the injured Felipe Massa but pulled out following medical checks on a neck injury sustained in a motorcycle accident earlier this year that caused him pain during testing.
Germany's Bild newspaper reported Saturday that Schumacher was close to a deal with Mercedes, whose sportscar team he raced for before entering Formula One in 1991.
Mercedes GP chief executive Nick Fry also said last week that a Schumacher comeback would be good for Formula One.
post #15 of 64 Old 12-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Owner

hmmmm.....no likie dis ... only likie sum

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #16 of 64 Old 12-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
hmmmm.....no likie dis ... only likie sum
huh??

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #17 of 64 Old 12-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
huh??

ya' lame: I like some of the fact he's racing but don't like the fact he will be racing against Ferrari.

good for the sport and sad to see his fortunes made against the team who had a good bond with him...

and oh ya' ... he can start by giving back the 10mil retainer.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #18 of 64 Old 12-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
ya' lame: I like some of the fact he's racing but don't like the fact he will be racing against Ferrari.

good for the sport and sad to see his fortunes made against the team who had a good bond with him...

and oh ya' ... he can start by giving back the 10mil retainer.
ah I see Rik. My brain just couldn't work that out at this late hour here. Actually now that you mention it couldn't agree more myself... big internal conflict now, always shouted for ferrari, but would love to see a fairytale Schumi comeback.... but I just couldn't wish for a Ferrari 2nd place.....

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #19 of 64 Old 12-16-2009, 04:43 AM
Owner
Elite Member

I could live with shumi wdc and ferrari wcc. for a year or two. Either way, i will enjoy the show. If he comes back i def will take my son to see him in canada. the first gp i took him to was the US the year after shumi retired. would love to have him see him.

post #20 of 64 Old 12-16-2009, 05:28 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 300
Onno mate, this really depends on how u look at it, as all of us here surely would love to see Ferrari wins, but if u are a MS fan you also want him to win i guess it just goes down to which u like more, yes would be great to see MS in a Ferrari and show them how is done, having said that i believe MS can still win a few more championship!

Ever since Senna passed away i never really enjoy F1 as much as i use to but if MS comes back that could bring me back in the old days.

Cheers
D

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode