Took the Ferrari out today - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Took the Ferrari out today

That's it. That's my whole story. It was a nice day for a change and the Ferrari was just sitting in the garage so I pumped up the right rear tire, charged the battery and took it for a spin.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
That's it. That's my whole story. It was a nice day for a change and the Ferrari was just sitting in the garage so I pumped up the right rear tire, charged the battery and took it for a spin.
That is good, Pete. How the weather there, lately ? Must be the typical New England weather, if you're back home ? A pic would be nice to see. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #3 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
hi 60's in southern CT today....windy but incredibly warm

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

post #4 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
-1C in Dublin today. Not Ferrari weather

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #5 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
-1C in Dublin today. Not Ferrari weather
+2 in Blighty (the Midlands anyway), but raining

Anyway, what's Pete doing posting on the general forum? I thought the Cigar Lounge was his usual hiding place

Archie
post #6 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
hi 60's in southern CT today....windy but incredibly warm
That is indeed, incredibly warm for CT around this time ! My own times in Massachusetts back then was much more New England than that. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #7 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 12:24 PM
IPF
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 290
Weather update from NL: +8C, not too bad... save for the endlessly pouring rain. Nasty side effect: huge traffic jams all around, even outside of rush hour. However much regretted, the 328 GTS stayed inside today...

A horse is a horse, of course, of course, and no one can talk to a horse of course. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister F.
post #8 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 300
Hey Pete good to hear you took her out, i took mine out few days ago and drove her to the beach with a new battery, what a dream come true still, after all these years. I normally get bored of a car after a few months, not my Ferrari...

Cheers
D
post #9 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
That is good, Pete. How the weather there, lately ? Must be the typical New England weather, if you're back home ? A pic would be nice to see. w/ smiles Jimmy
The weather hasn't been that great in the 2 weeks I've been home. Mostly rain and my Singapore girl has a new favorite saying - "I'm Cold!" She says it often. And repeatedly. I'm standing outside in a T-shirt and she's got like 5 layers under her coat.

Today was pretty nice though. It was 60 degrees. Quite balmy for a December day in Maine.
Attached Images

Capt. Pete
post #10 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Owner

Hey Pete....Thats an eary simlarity to the garage you built for her except there is an extra bay. Did you build another one or was that the model you used.

Lane

post #11 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
Hey Pete....Thats an eary simlarity to the garage you built for her except there is an extra bay. Did you build another one or was that the model you used.
The garage in the photo above is the one attached to the house. That's actually the master bedroom above. The one you are thinking of is Man Town. The garage I built for myself that is exactly one frisbee throw away from the back deck. (That's actually how I picked the location for the garage. The dog liked to play frisbee in the backyard so I picked up a frisbee and threw it as far as I could and told the contractor, "I don't want the garage any closer than that." It is about 125 feet away from the house.)

BTW - Jimmy is going to get jealous of these photos since all his cars are outside. I can fit every car he owns inside my garages. The separate garage is deceptively large due to the huge doors. The garage is 32x40 and could easily fit 6 Ferraris. I finally got a place to stash my collection of Taurus's and Intrepids.
Attached Images

Capt. Pete

Last edited by Pete04222; 12-03-2009 at 05:31 PM.
post #12 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Owner

So your saying...you got the house

WooHoo...you da man.

Lane

post #13 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Is "Mantown" finished?
post #14 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Great House Pete. What a fantastic idea to have "Mantown". Smart idea and deep live wiseness

Here in Switzerland - 2 C to + 4 C average at the moment. If its dry, I take the Daytona out, still almost once a week for a 100 kilometer drive. As long as there is no salt or snow on the street.
post #15 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Is "Mantown" finished?
Not yet Boxer. I'm still painting the inside. Originally I was going to hire it out but now I have to pay my ex-wife each month what it would have cost me to hire a whole paint crew to finish it out. So I'm painting it and it is a big job. But, I want it painted and I figure if I don't paint it now it will never get done. Ever.

I will still hire out the landscaping and the electric work but the carpentry and painting I'm doing myself.

This is the upstairs "Game Room / Bar / Storeroom for stuff I will never use but is too good to throw away" The upstairs is 13' wide and 40' long. I put in a proper regulation dartboard complete with overhead spotlights. My buddy has a keg cooler he's going to give me and I think I'll look around for a cheap pool table. The garage is already wired for pool table lights.
Attached Images

Capt. Pete
post #16 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Pete, you the man, glad to hear you took her for a spin.
post #17 of 61 Old 12-03-2009, 11:48 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Not yet Boxer. I'm still painting the inside. Originally I was going to hire it out but now I have to pay my ex-wife each month what it would have cost me to hire a whole paint crew to finish it out. So I'm painting it and it is a big job. But, I want it painted and I figure if I don't paint it now it will never get done. Ever.

I will still hire out the landscaping and the electric work but the carpentry and painting I'm doing myself.

This is the upstairs "Game Room / Bar / Storeroom for stuff I will never use but is too good to throw away" The upstairs is 13' wide and 40' long. I put in a proper regulation dartboard complete with overhead spotlights. My buddy has a keg cooler he's going to give me and I think I'll look around for a cheap pool table. The garage is already wired for pool table lights.
Pete, I think I speak for all when I say it brings smiles to us all to see you completing your "man cave" after all.
post #18 of 61 Old 12-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Pete, I think I speak for all when I say it brings smiles to us all to see you completing your "man cave" after all.
+1, and Pete, yes, I am jealous. You can be proud of yourself and rightlfully deserve to be. As for the strange weather, I understand Moscow is unusually warm these days too, considering that normally it is already below freezing. w/ smiles Jimmy
post #19 of 61 Old 12-04-2009, 05:34 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 107
[QUOTE=Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS;104432 As for the strange weather, I understand Moscow is unusually warm these days too, considering that normally it is already below freezing. w/ smiles Jimmy[/QUOTE]

+1.... that is the temp this morning, we are making up for it here. Had to chip 4" of ice off the horse water tank this AM
post #20 of 61 Old 12-04-2009, 06:10 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 93
Quote:

Being new here, and divorced, I think I wanna hear more about this "Mantown" thing!

And Dave, I just wonder what the temp is in Minnesota right now???
36 here, and the sun is finally out today!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode