Check list? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-03-2009, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 60
Check list?

Hey everyone! This site has been a great resource for someone like me who is getting ready to pull the trigger on a purchase of a FIRST Ferrari! Thanks so much! I still have a long way to go before I feel confident making my 1st purchase. I have found a 2000 360 Modena that I am very interested in purchasing. Is there a basic check list of sorts that you guys use when purchasing a Used Ferrari? Is there anything that I need to look for that is specific to a 2000 360 ? I have a lot more questions and was wondering if there is anyone on here that would be willing to talk to me over the phone? Thanks again so much for your time! I just want to make sure that I make the right decision!

Bob Y.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-03-2009, 12:48 PM
IPF
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportspa View Post
Hey everyone! This site has been a great resource for someone like me who is getting ready to pull the trigger on a purchase of a FIRST Ferrari! Thanks so much! I still have a long way to go before I feel confident making my 1st purchase. I have found a 2000 360 Modena that I am very interested in purchasing. Is there a basic check list of sorts that you guys use when purchasing a Used Ferrari? Is there anything that I need to look for that is specific to a 2000 360 ? I have a lot more questions and was wondering if there is anyone on here that would be willing to talk to me over the phone? Thanks again so much for your time! I just want to make sure that I make the right decision!

Bob Y.
In the "Members" section of FL you'll find well-written Buyer's Guides to a host of Ferrari models, including the 360. Available for free for Members and/or for sale through Amazon, I think.

Just to give you an idea, I quote:

Ferrari 360 Modena Buyer's Guide
By Ferrari Forum Team & William Taylor

An Inside Preview:
This is an awesome Buyer's Guide for anyone considering the purchase of a 360 Modena. Inside we will guide you through the history of the car and the different models over the years right up to the Challenge Stradale. After that fasten your seat belt as we do an indepth coverage of how this car drives. Also included are the not so fun topics of ownership cost, reliability issues and the pros/cons of the car

A horse is a horse, of course, of course, and no one can talk to a horse of course. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister F.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
that guide proved very useful for me when I was buying my 360. Well worth the subscription money to F-Life alone....

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers

post #4 of 6 Old 12-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Sounds like your looking for something more like this: Cut and pasted from Club348.com and applicable specifically to that model however many items apply to ANY car you may be considering.
Attached Files
File Type: doc PPI.doc (26.0 KB, 131 views)

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #5 of 6 Old 12-03-2009, 01:07 PM
IPF
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
Sounds like your looking for something more like this: Cut and pasted from Club348.com and applicable specifically to that model however many items apply to ANY car you may be considering.
Interesting boilerplate...

I esp. liked item # 23. "No overpowering aroma of fire inside the cockpit"

A horse is a horse, of course, of course, and no one can talk to a horse of course. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister F.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Yeah huh...guess that applies to any car.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode