SR Innovations - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 12-01-2009, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 85
SR Innovations

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehelms View Post
I think you may be right! I am not looking for cheap, never was, never will, Im looking for the place I want to support when I have the budget to do so. I see Gary (enginefxr) has joined now....there is some serious tallent to ad to the mix here...bring in Jetfxr (best of the best good guy) and the neighborhood will have gone completely to hell this week with the three of us popping in.

I do not know any of the FC players personally but I sure got tired of the constant attacks and censorship. Having said that I did have a nice conversation with Rob on the phone, we disagree on many things but none the less I enjoyed getting to know him a little.

I am not one to do anything because someone is twisting my arm, that was the damnedest sale approach to sponsorship I have ever seen. One doesn't survive in THIS business near 40 years by rolling over to that type of demand. In the end, it was a simple matter of disagreement and I do not hold ill feelings for anyone over it. Do I feel welcome there after being labeled a mooch? Surely not, but to give DM his due I did pull back to access the situation and see if I could view his point better. After a number of days thinking about it I still do not think I had wronged FChat and taken advantage of them. I am the first to admit when I am wrong but "Perception is reality" for some and surely I cant fault them for their feelings. Its a tough time for everyone and emotions are on edge with short fuses. I am not proud of the outcome as I should have apologized for their perceived problems and quietly walked away...that's my failure and fault... older and smarter each day.... I want a Do-Over button, I'm entitled I tell ya!

Home is where one feels welcome and can get away from the troubles of the day, BS with friends and lend a hand where possible....

Glassman, I would be happy to at least give you one persons opinion if you need a hand. Answers are hard to come by, opinions are always free for the asking and worth what you paid to get them.
Well Dave you will surely be able to help out over here. There are many who can always use your advice and innovations here. I took my 355 out for a spin again last night and it is running like a clock. In all the years ive had it, it never ran the same 2 weeks in a row. Now that ive installed your precious metals connector kit, it runs the same every single time I start it. I will eventually be replacing my filler line and the rubber parts in my fuel cell with your new parts. Again thanks.
As for the other site, well not only is their arrogance getting to members but the bias of the moderators is as well. If your in tight with a mod. then you an do whatever you want. In the Canadian section, there is an importing sticky thread that this one guy pushes his importing business on all the time. He does it in many other threads as well. He is NOT a sponsor. Yet anyone else who even talks about their place will be warned and then banned. Its obvious that the the rules are not the same for. Infact Rob L. was in touch with another guy and told him that he would have to sponsor and when he didnt he was banned for life. Im glad that he too has come over here and is now a sponsor.

I hope you stick around Dave and as much as many like to go over and read the other site, one has to remember that everytime one clicks on there it makes that greedy little dick-tator money.

Last edited by 355; 12-01-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 12-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,136
Quote:
See no reason not to, the greeting are more than friendly. Maybe we will make this the place to go to for answers and reverse some role models. I quit answering questions a year ago when things became one sided, not the case here.

Thanks for the kind words. One thing is for damn sure, I dont hang my name on anything I feel is remotely questionable in regards to value. I am delighted it worked well for you. I am working on the other items as quickly as Kris allows me to skim money from from another area.....one day we may see a payback but until then we are having a HOOT doing this regardless. It is really quite refreshing to come to work and decide over coffee what we are going to REALLY fix today. Major manufacturers are now open to little things like this when I insist everything is made in this country.... there is a strong sense of pride from these folks when they find out I am not kidding around. From bad times often come good things.
Dave, Please excuse my ignorance, but what parts are you producing?
post #3 of 12 Old 12-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Dave may feel a bit sensitive about posting his site...but I on the otherhand have no such sensitivities.

scuderiarampanteinnovations.com

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless

post #4 of 12 Old 12-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
At least make it a click-able link, this IS the WWW after all:

www.scuderiarampanteinnovations.com
post #5 of 12 Old 12-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
My bad. Thought I did.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #6 of 12 Old 12-01-2009, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 85
Quote:
Dave has a great passion and makes some awsome upgrades. To tell you the truth, if didnt have this fantastic shop(Daytona, here in Toronto) with Marcus and Massimo to work on my car, I would have packed it up and drove to Boulder to have Dave do the service. There is a critcle shortage of Ferrari Mechanics that really know what they are doing.

Last edited by 355; 12-01-2009 at 05:44 PM.
post #7 of 12 Old 12-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Just checked the website. Some very interesting items. Do they do brake hoses for Daytonas?
post #8 of 12 Old 12-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
At least make it a click-able link, this IS the WWW after all:

www.scuderiarampanteinnovations.com
Again Andrew you rock

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #9 of 12 Old 12-02-2009, 03:49 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 107
Damn, I was just starting to relax and enjoy it here....

I don't know what to say.... other than thank you Andrew and all. I promise I will only do this once and I will find a way to pay for that. This is the most misunderstood little nothing company and it needs an explanation...once.

We (Niki, Kris and myself) decided it was time to make a difference in how things were done. We have had a good number of requests on areas to focus on from folks after the site went up and one thing leads to the next.

An example, in the case of the coolant hoses...we no more finished that design and the fuel hose issue came about...same engineers, new design. They knew what it took to fix it but had never designed the procedure because no one ever asked for "the perfect hose" before we did with the coolant type. It doesn't take any guess work to figure out how the engineers felt about doing a design where cost was no issue, they are just as sick of doing cheap junk as we are getting it. I told them to build the perfect hose with no pre-planned failure age and we will see what the final cost is and deal with that problem later. Only one or two sets of hands between manufacture and the car owner and slim margins made it possible.... expensive but nothing like it has ever been made before. The fuel hose led to "can we use the same proprietary liner material and mold it" for all of the in-tank fuel system parts that are dissolving....took a little while but the engineers figured it out.

I can cut the costs by a solid 1/3 if I have it made out of country but...Its either made in the USA or I am not doing it. I decided to take a far smaller margin and longer payback and make a stand on something else I believe in. Since that day I have received 4 letters from hands on manufacturing workers that were hired back after lay off's due to these projects. They were told of my insistence of where its made...lets just say I was assured I had quite a number of folks that took the quality of these projects very personally.

Right or wrong, we are doing it because I think its an idea that has come of time. Scares me to death to extend myself this far right now as this is all out of pocket, damn expensive to start and took me away from working full time in the shop for a long while. All proceeds are wrapped back into development of the next part we are making. I decided when we opened this company it didn't have to be just our products we represent. I want to showcase the little guys doing exceptional work that are making a difference in this industry. Robbie with his StickyNoMore, Birdman with his fuse boxes, Goth,...these guys are EXACTLY that. Its all of these Grassroots efforts that will change this market, and the marque for that matter, for the good. A company looking for big profit, they wouldn't even consider something like this. I dont want to be involved in their business's and want no cut of their profits, I want to showcase those products in yet another venue other than their own and say "THIS is worth your time to look at". Regardless of what one wants to believe, they do not make enough money off their products to pay for advertising them. I would bet money they are just hoping to make a payback on initial investment just like me. Together in one place maybe we can get all of these little efforts noticed, a place where 'exceptional' quality is required to even be considered.

A ridiculous and absurd business plan it is, but in this economy I feel its time to pull together and make a difference. If the concept sticks and finds a nitch in the market...in better times we might make a profit, one never knows.

Last edited by davehelms; 12-02-2009 at 03:55 AM.
post #10 of 12 Old 12-02-2009, 04:01 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 107
Quote:
Just checked the website. Some very interesting items. Do they do brake hoses for Daytonas?
Not yet. I have a Mom and Pop shop down the street that does reasonably priced, exceptional quality work with all the parts needed in stock.

Its as simple as that. If there is a need and someone isn't already doing it very well (another prerequisite I have as it is not my intent to hurt any companies doing something well).... we are or I will assist those that are already.

I do have a Daytona Comp engine on the bench but I suspect the owner wants that back

Last edited by davehelms; 12-02-2009 at 04:30 AM.
post #11 of 12 Old 12-02-2009, 05:40 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 93
Quote:
Damn, I was just starting to relax and enjoy it here....

I don't know what to say.... other than thank you Andrew and all. I promise I will only do this once and I will find a way to pay for that. This is the most misunderstood little nothing company and it needs an explanation...once.

We (Niki, Kris and myself) decided it was time to make a difference in how things were done. We have had a good number of requests on areas to focus on from folks after the site went up and one thing leads to the next.

An example, in the case of the coolant hoses...we no more finished that design and the fuel hose issue came about...same engineers, new design. They knew what it took to fix it but had never designed the procedure because no one ever asked for "the perfect hose" before we did with the coolant type. It doesn't take any guess work to figure out how the engineers felt about doing a design where cost was no issue, they are just as sick of doing cheap junk as we are getting it. I told them to build the perfect hose with no pre-planned failure age and we will see what the final cost is and deal with that problem later. Only one or two sets of hands between manufacture and the car owner and slim margins made it possible.... expensive but nothing like it has ever been made before. The fuel hose led to "can we use the same proprietary liner material and mold it" for all of the in-tank fuel system parts that are dissolving....took a little while but the engineers figured it out.

I can cut the costs by a solid 1/3 if I have it made out of country but...Its either made in the USA or I am not doing it. I decided to take a far smaller margin and longer payback and make a stand on something else I believe in. Since that day I have received 4 letters from hands on manufacturing workers that were hired back after lay off's due to these projects. They were told of my insistence of where its made...lets just say I was assured I had quite a number of folks that took the quality of these projects very personally.

Right or wrong, we are doing it because I think its an idea that has come of time. Scares me to death to extend myself this far right now as this is all out of pocket, damn expensive to start and took me away from working full time in the shop for a long while. All proceeds are wrapped back into development of the next part we are making. I decided when we opened this company it didn't have to be just our products we represent. I want to showcase the little guys doing exceptional work that are making a difference in this industry. Robbie with his StickyNoMore, Birdman with his fuse boxes, Goth,...these guys are EXACTLY that. Its all of these Grassroots efforts that will change this market, and the marque for that matter, for the good. A company looking for big profit, they wouldn't even consider something like this. I dont want to be involved in their business's and want no cut of their profits, I want to showcase those products in yet another venue other than their own and say "THIS is worth your time to look at". Regardless of what one wants to believe, they do not make enough money off their products to pay for advertising them. I would bet money they are just hoping to make a payback on initial investment just like me. Together in one place maybe we can get all of these little efforts noticed, a place where 'exceptional' quality is required to even be considered.

A ridiculous and absurd business plan it is, but in this economy I feel its time to pull together and make a difference. If the concept sticks and finds a nitch in the market...in better times we might make a profit, one never knows.

Just like I stated on the other forum, it's nice to see someone with the vision to make things better. There are too many out there that have the attitute that Ferrari OEM parts are top of the line. Those who know, know better. Although Ferrari is one of the most unique and passion driven manufacturers, the bottom line is that they are there to sell cars and parts at the highest posssible profit margin, just like most people in business. It's the smaller guys that have the passion, that want to make a difference, and are willing to work at a narrower margin that are the ones who I look up to.
I know Dave feels the same way about his customers as I do mine, that they are friends, more than just customers. Too many big shops do not take the time to get to know their customers, they are nothing more than a number on a work order.
Lets hear it for Dave and everyone else who is working to make things better, rather than slapping on parts that are just destined to fail again!
post #12 of 12 Old 12-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
already.

I do have a Daytona Comp engine on the bench but I suspect the owner wants that back
If he doesn't I would be happy to store it for you

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode