Ferrari 312 B2 F1 car at hall+hall - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-28-2009, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Ferrari 312 B2 F1 car at hall+hall

Dear friends

Talked in length with Mr. Bill Haring from Hall and hall in the UK (Bourne). For a Swiss like me they have 2 spectacular F1 cars on their sell list: a) A Ferrari 312 B2 F1 car from 1971, which partially has been driven by the Swiss Clay Regazzoni in 71/72 and Mario Andretti as well. The second is a 1971 B.R.M.. The Swiss driver Joseph Siffert used to drive the same type of car in 1971 (he also died in one of them in '71 in Brands Hatch)
The Ferrari 312 B2 looks stunning. I absolutelly love that design. I think its one of the most timeless F1 designs ever created by Ferrari.
Does anybody of you know hall and hall personally ? It seems they are very, very competent on race cars especially F1 cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-03-2009, 06:26 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 30
I dont know them but live nearby, i check in on their website from time to time and keep meaning to ask if i can go and have a look.

I believe the BRM F1 team used to be based in Bourne where they are located and i have heard that some of their staff may have been involved with BRM so they would probably be the best people to supply one and assist you in running it. They obviously know their classic F1 cars well, there was a stunning old Ferrari F1 car they maintained at the Silverstone classic this year.

Last edited by zoRob; 12-03-2009 at 06:43 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-03-2009, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoRob View Post
I dont know them but live nearby, i check in on their website from time to time and keep meaning to ask if i can go and have a look.

I believe the BRM F1 team used to be based in Bourne where they are located and i have heard that some of their staff may have been involved with BRM so they would probably be the best people to supply one and assist you in running it. They obviously know their classic F1 cars well, there was a stunning old Ferrari F1 car they maintained at the Silverstone classic this year.
I assume you talk about the "Replica" Ferrari Dino 246 F1 1958 car. Indded very beautiful...except its a Replica. Actually 3 of them have been build originally (I believe) and none exists any more. Out of the remains, Bob Houghton build a Replica which is about as perfect as a Replica can be.

post #4 of 5 Old 12-03-2009, 09:19 AM

I didn't realise it was a replica, I may have confused it with another car but I'm sure I heard over the tannoy that it was driven by Phil Hill and it was the last front engined car to win an F1 race. I'm interested to know now so may post a picture of it later when I am on my computer if you don't mind.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-03-2009, 09:37 AM

Is this the replica you mentioned? Perhaps the Phil Hill car i heard about it is a totally different car, im not too good with the early F1 cars to be honest
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode