Got a new shift knob! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-17-2009, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 566
Got a new shift knob!

Less than $20 (including shipping) on eBay; same size as the original black knob; same material as billiard balls (... yes, the vendor sold out of the "8-ball" variety ... as well as the "skull" motif)!

I like it over the black because it brightens up the interior a bit and complements the cream interior, and chose it over the oft selected chrome since it is less commonly seen in a Ferrari ... and, ...yes: because the vendor is out of the "skull" knobs.
Attached Images

"Liberals are the pallbearers of societies"

'88.3 Testarossa
'83 Mondial QV (sold!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Hmmm...Not bad. I think I like the black one better but you are right, it does brighten it up a lot. Next should be the spokes on the steering wheel. I think they would look better in brushed aluminum. It's probably aluminum anyway and you could just remove the black.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #3 of 4 Old 10-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Visually looks appropriate and good. How does it feel to tactile sensation, I wonder ? Are you content with the diameter also ? w/ smiles Jimmy

post #4 of 4 Old 10-18-2009, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
Hmmm...Not bad. I think I like the black one better but you are right, it does brighten it up a lot. Next should be the spokes on the steering wheel. I think they would look better in brushed aluminum. It's probably aluminum anyway and you could just remove the black.
Captain Pete,
You are right. Come to think of it, even though the spokes on the steering wheel have been blackened anodized aluminum since the time I bought the car, you've now made aware that on other Ferraris these are have the brushed finish. If this black finish wasn't original, I might consider removing it. If so, than a brushed aluminum shift knob could work better than black or cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS View Post
Visually looks appropriate and good. How does it feel to tactile sensation, I wonder ? Are you content with the diameter also ? w/ smiles Jimmy
Dr. Jimmy,
I like the feel. Perhaps imaginary, but it seems that the knob feels more solid than the black plastic because it is more solid. The diameter is the same as the black, which was a nice serendipitous finding.

On a non-related topic, my wife and I watched Yojiro Takita's "When The Last Sword is Drawn" last night. It is a spectacular movie. I have always enjoyed this genre of film, and personally, this ranks up there with "Chushingura" among such creations from Japan.

"Liberals are the pallbearers of societies"

'88.3 Testarossa
'83 Mondial QV (sold!)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode