Felipe back in Maranello - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-05-2009, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 532
Felipe back in Maranello

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Ferra...=11343&c=Video

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin.../10/10055.html

cool video i thought, makes me smile seeing the close knit atmosphere there atthe factory.

I want to Race.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-09-2009, 04:05 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
Heard yesterday he is doing a charity carting event. I would not push it if I were him...that was not an easy injury.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #3 of 6 Old 10-10-2009, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

yea seriously, hopefully now F1 might think about getting safer helmets, to prevent from stuff like that happening.

I want to Race.

post #4 of 6 Old 10-13-2009, 09:28 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
Things are looking good so far....

Maranello, 12 October 2009 – This morning Felipe Massa was finally back behind the wheel of a Formula 1 single-seater at the Fiorano race track. It wasn’t a proper test, but a way for him to regain confidence with his natural habitat: the race track. That’s why the Ferrari F1 Clienti department supplied him with a private F2007, fitted with tyres usually used exclusively in the GP2 series. Due to the rain in the morning Felipe drove around a dozen of laps, satisfied with the first impressions of the test. The thunderstorm over Maranello around 10am didn’t ruin Massa’s day at all. In the afternoon, when the track was dry and the sun came out, he went out again and drove a total of around 100 kilometres.

“The moment I got into the car it was exactly like before the accident, as if nothing had happened,” Felipe told the numerous journalists, who came to Fiorano for his comeback on the track. ”It was important to demonstrate to the people who work with me, that nothing has changed, that I can be competitive and that I can contribute to what will be the new car and to next year’s fight for the title.” After three days testing in a kart today’s test helped Felipe to gain more confidence as far as his capacities are concerned. Furthermore it was an encouraging answer to his recovery: “I knew that everything was alright 95%, but after today I can even cancel the last 5% of doubt, I still might have had.” Asked about his participation in the Brazilian GP as a “fan” Felipe said: “It would have been great coming back to race in Interlagos, because it’s a track where I’ve always brought out the best, with two wins and three pole positions and just missing the victory in a World Championship, but I will be as happy just being there supporting my team.”
Attached Images

Last edited by Mike430; 10-13-2009 at 09:53 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by io sono tifoso View Post
yea seriously, hopefully now F1 might think about getting safer helmets, to prevent from stuff like that happening.

I thought FM's helmet is exactly what saved him. He was wearing the new one, which on the re-cap, SPEED show, gave good results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike430 View Post
Things are looking good so far....

Maranello, 12 October 2009 – This morning Felipe Massa was finally back behind the wheel of a Formula 1 single-seater at the Fiorano race track. It wasn’t a proper test, but a way for him to regain confidence with his natural habitat: the race track. That’s why the Ferrari F1 Clienti department supplied him with a private F2007, fitted with tyres usually used exclusively in the GP2 series. Due to the rain in the morning Felipe drove around a dozen of laps, satisfied with the first impressions of the test. The thunderstorm over Maranello around 10am didn’t ruin Massa’s day at all. In the afternoon, when the track was dry and the sun came out, he went out again and drove a total of around 100 kilometres.

“The moment I got into the car it was exactly like before the accident, as if nothing had happened,” Felipe told the numerous journalists, who came to Fiorano for his comeback on the track. ”It was important to demonstrate to the people who work with me, that nothing has changed, that I can be competitive and that I can contribute to what will be the new car and to next year’s fight for the title.” After three days testing in a kart today’s test helped Felipe to gain more confidence as far as his capacities are concerned. Furthermore it was an encouraging answer to his recovery: “I knew that everything was alright 95%, but after today I can even cancel the last 5% of doubt, I still might have had.” Asked about his participation in the Brazilian GP as a “fan” Felipe said: “It would have been great coming back to race in Interlagos, because it’s a track where I’ve always brought out the best, with two wins and three pole positions and just missing the victory in a World Championship, but I will be as happy just being there supporting my team.”

A full pic of this face showed, that eye and side to be still severely recovering. I hope he doesn't push it.....could make for too much strain on tender area during +3 g's

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #6 of 6 Old 10-13-2009, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

yea for some reason i was thinking the new helmets came out after the accident. Also it is great to see him driving again

I want to Race.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode